The course covers multiple Agile development methods (Scrum, XP and Lean) and is focused on practical application to make participants more effective the moment they return to their desks. Attendees will learn best practices in working with Agile teams and be able to apply them in their day-to-day work.
- Why Agile is good for Product Management—covers the benefits of Agile and what to expect from adopting it. Learn why Agile can work better than the traditional Waterfall approach.
- A look at Scrum—how this Agile method done, the process, and your role as a product manager.
- Agile release management—how to take advantage of Agile visibility to track progress and adjust as new requirements emerge.
- Agile release planning—how to move from a high-level product vision and break it down into releases and development iterations.
- Agile documentation—how to convey requirements in Agile using story cards.
- Organizing around Agile—different strategies for team organization from small co-located teams to large distributed teams.
- Starting out with Agile—brings the previous sessions together with practical tips on how to start out with Agile and set your team up for success.
- XP and Lean—two other Agile methods, Extreme Programming and Lean Software Development, provides further perspectives on Agile thinking.
- Wrap-up—putting the Agile method in the context of traditional process models and traditional serial development.
- Agile release planning workshop—hands-on workshop introduces the Story Mapping technique as a way to plan and visualize a release.
Includes Online Agile Certified Product Manager Exam
Becoming an Agile Certified Product Manager demonstrates you understand the different types of Agile development methodologies and know how to apply them effectively.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be prepared to take the industry standard AIPMM Agile Certified Product Manager (ACPM®) exam ($395 value included with the course). A testing time may be scheduled upon completion of this course for those participants interested in receiving a certification, and the exam is administered online.