The Optimal Product Management Training course combines lectures, discussions and hands-on exercises that teach how to effectively manage products throughout the entire Product Lifecycle. The course teaches the flexible and easily adopted 280 Group Optimal Product Process, based on the AIPMM seven-phase worldwide-standard framework. Also taught and included with the course is the Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit™, a set of templates that correspond to the Optimal Product Process, and include the Business Case, Market Needs, Product Description, Market Strategy, Product Launch, Beta Program and End of Life.
Day One: Product Management Foundation
- Process and Product Lifecycle
- Market Research
- Competitive Analysis
Day Two: Product Management
- Business Cases
Day Three: Product Marketing
- Beta Program
- End of Life
The course provide a comprehensive learning experience that ensures attendees will have the knowledge to apply the Optimal Product Process to their situation. Each phase of the framework and the tasks for both Product Management and Product Marketing are covered in depth. The corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework are used as working exercises in the class with relevant examples that demonstrate how the process applies to real-world situations.
Who should attend
- The course is appropriate for those new to Product Management and Product Marketing as well as those who are more experienced but need to enhance their foundational skills and knowledge of their profession.
- Senior Product Managers and Product Marketers with many years of experience will also benefit from this as a refresher course that is all encompassing, covering all aspects of the Product Management function.
- Organizations seeking transformation can send key leaders from their product teams to have them attend the course together. The discussions and insights gained during the course have proven to be effective in optimizing companies’ current processes.
Course Learning Objectives
- Obtain a deep understanding of how great companies do Product Management and Product Marketing
- Learn skills and knowledge necessary to be an excellent Product Manager and/or Product Marketing Manager in ANY company or industry
- Effectively manage and market any product at any stage in the lifecycle
- Apply the Product Management process effectively for a specific product
- Provide a basic foundation of knowledge for taking the self-study or in-person preparation courses for the industry-standard Certified Product Manager and Certified Product Marketing Manager exams to earn the credentials
After Completion of This Course Students Will:
- Work more effectively with your team and stakeholders
- Have a thorough understanding of worldwide standards and how to apply them for current and future situations
- Increase your career opportunities and your ability to advance your career
- Achieve credibility with your team and stakeholders by having a complete understanding of the entire Product Lifecycle
- Obtain the knowledge and the skills with the corresponding tools to be more productive and effective
- Understand how to effectively manage any product at any phase in the Product Lifecycle
Optimal Product Process Methodology
The Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing course combines the AIPMM (Association of International Product Marketing and Management) framework* and 280 Group Product Lifecycle Toolkit to teach what is called the 280 Group Optimal Product Process. The process builds extensively on the AIPMM work and 280 Group templates to provide a comprehensive learning experience and ensure that attendees have a flexible and powerful process that can be applied to their situation. Each phase of the framework and lifecycle that Product Management and Product Marketing are responsible for is explained thoroughly and then the corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework are used as working exercises in the class with relevant examples presented.* The AIPMM framework is a vendor-independent worldwide Product Management and Product Marketing standard that takes into account best practices used in a wide range of companies and industries and ensures that the most modern and up-to-date challenges faced in Product Management and Product Marketing are addressed. The framework is part of the AIPMM Product Management Body of Knowledge (ProdBOK), which was developed with input from over 50 experts and is endorsed by more than a half-dozen training and consulting companies. The framework includes seven distinct product phases, from Conceive to End of Life, and covers every aspect that needs to be addressed for every product or service during the overall lifecycle.