Here’s a Partial List of our Clients
Testimonials On Behalf of the 280 Group
Ram Krishnan, Sr. VP Marketing, Guardian Edge
Rob Zajac, General Manager, Duel Systems, Inc.
Examples of Past 280 Group Work
Here are a few samples of our product management and product marketing work. For confidentiality reasons several of the documents contain only the table of contents, and many of our more recent documents are not posted here.
We’d be happy to show you additional examples and full documents in person, and to give you a free proposal and quote if you are interested in hiring a consultant or contractor to do the work for you.
- Market Requirements Document (MRD) for Software as Service. Covers the target market, customer needs, competitive environment, required features and schedule, SWOT analysis, and features to be considered for future versions of the product.
- OpenShare Evaluator’s Guide for InfoSquare. Written to help customers evaluate the product rapidly and shorten the sales cycle, as well as for educating sales and channel partners. Includes a product overview, list of factors to consider when evaluating products in this category, a guided step-by-step tour of the products and frequently asked questions.
- Business Case Analysis for Netcom. An analysis of whether to launch a proposed new email service, including proposed messaging (features and benefits, positioning), sizing and growth rates of potential target market segments, P and L and financial analysis, recommendation for proceeding and timeline for implementation.
- Planet Intra Reviewer’s Guide. A reviewer’s guide that was written to help press, analysts and customers quickly understand the advantages of the product over other solutions. Includes an overview of the company and market, what to consider when reviewing solutions in this category, a guided tour walkthrough of the product, and frequently asked questions.
- Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) for Collabria. Includes market and customer definition, proposed product positioning, key required functionality in next release and channel and sales requirements.
- FusionDesign Business Plan. Includes vision, mission, company strategy, competitive environment, marketing and sales plans, staffing and personnel plans, financial projections and recommended next steps.
- Competitive Comparison and Competitive Analysis. A simple one-page document that was created to be used on the company’s website and as a sales tool to be handed out to customers that were familiar with the other alternatives. It is a quick competitive analysis and overview that shows why the client’s solution is superior.
- Customer Education Piece. A short paper designed to educate small businesses and other potential customers about the benefits of an intranet. The client found that many of their potential target customers did not understand what an intranet offered them, and their sales force spent a long time educating them. This paper reduced the amount of time sales people needed to spend talking with the customer and gave them a great reason to follow up after sending it to them.
- Sales Quick Reference “Cheat” Sheet. A simple one-page document designed to arm the sales force with all of the critical information they need to get started selling the product quickly. It also is used to ensure the message and positioning of the product was consistent across all of the groups in the company.
- Secuware Security White Paper. A white paper describing 360-degree data protection for the enterprise.