Frequently asked questions about the Certified Product Manager™ (CPM) certification and exam
What is the recommended course of study for the Certified Product Manager Online Prep Course and Exam?
Where can I purchase the Certified Product Manager Online Prep Course and Exam?
Note: You must have completed Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing in order to take this course. If you fail to meet this requirement access will not be provided to course materials.
What is the difference between for the Certified Product Manager Online Prep Course and Exam and the Certified Product Manager Self-Study Course and Exam?
Both of the courses thoroughly prepare you for the exam.
- The Certified Product Manager Online Prep Course and Exam relies on content from Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing.
- The Certified Product Manager Self-study Course and Exam is a standalone product and is recommended for Product Managers with at least three years of experience.
How long does the Certified Product Manager Online Prep Course and Exam option take to go through?
Can I share the Certified Product Manager Online Prep Course and Exam with others?
How do I log into my online prep course?
After your completion of Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing in person course your information is sent to AIPMM. AIPMM will send you an email with your login details that include your user name and a link to login to begin your course. You will be asked to create a password. Please pick a secure password that you will remember. As a reminder, your user name will be the email address used for your purchase. Login Here
What is my username?
Your username is automatically set to the email address used at the time of purchase.
How do I reset my password when I’ve forgotten it?
You can update your password at the login page by clicking on the text, “I’ve forgotten my username/password.” Choose the option to reset your password, and you will be sent a link to your email address to reset your password. Follow the link to complete your reset. As a reminder after five failed attempts the system will lock you out. Please email email@example.com to unlock.
How do I retrieve my username?
Your username is automatically set to your email address used at the time of purchase. It will remain that, unless you have changed it in your account settings. You can request your username from the initial login page, by clicking on the text, “I’ve forgotten my username/password.” Choose the option to retrieve your username, and you will be sent an email with your username.
What are the system requirements?
This online prep course is best viewed on desktop or laptop computers with a fast and reliable internet connection. Materials may be reviewed on tablets or smartphones but there may be small formatting issues with the text. You can use both PC and Macintosh computers. You will need to have internet access to login via your laptop, desktop or tablet. The official minimum system requirements for computers are:
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- Web browser:
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Firefox 2+
- Safari on Mac 1.2+
- Google Chrome
- While not a requirement, class material is best viewed using a minimum screen resolution of 1024×768
Can I use my smartphone for the online prep course?
This online course is primarily designed for viewing on a laptop, desktop, or tablet. You can review the material and listen to the audio with your smartphone. Not all screen content may be shown correctly and you may not have the interactive course features.
How do I contact customer/technical support?
- 280 Group Support is provided M-F from 9am to 5pm PST via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the contact form at the bottom of the page.
- AIPMM Support is available online: https://aipmm.com/support/
Do you offer phone support?
Sorry, no phone support is provided.
What is the 280 Group’s refund policy for online products?
If you have made a purchasing error or are not satisfied, we offer a 10 day money back guarantee from the date of purchase.
How do I sign up for the exam once I have completed the course?
- Your AIPMM login name
- Educational Coursework Completed: OPM In-Person/Self-Study
- Date of purchase: It doesn’t have to be exact since 280 Group has already sent them your details.
- Order number: At the time of writing, this just needs a number. Any number.
Depending on the time of year, pre-exam dates and exam dates are typically scheduled two weeks from the request date.
Where can I take the exam?
How long is the exam?
Are there any essay questions on the exams?
Can the online prep course and exam be transferred to another person at the same company if it hasn’t been used yet?
Can I take the exam without buying the Certified Product Manager Online Prep Course and Exam and taking the Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing course?
How do I take the exam?
Do I have to be an AIPMM member to take the exam?
How far in advance should I schedule my exam?
How well recognized is the certification?
How does the AIPMM certification compare with others out there?
How many people have earned the certifications?
What is the difference between the certifications that the 280 Group offers?
- The Certified Product Manager® (CPM) credential from the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) is a worldwide standard. Earning it shows that you understand both the basic and the high-level strategic functions of Product Management.
- The Certified Product Marketing Manager® (CPMM) credential from the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) is a worldwide standard. Earning it shows that you understand both the basic and the high-level strategic functions of Product Marketing Management.
- The Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner® (ACPMPO) credential from AIPMM shows that you understand the different types of Agile development methodologies and have a good grasp of how to apply them effectively at both a strategic and tactical level.
What are the benefits of certification for Product Managers?
- Advance your Product Management career
- Get a great new job or promotion
- Open up new opportunities in growing market
- Increase your salary dramatically over your entire career
- Differentiate yourself from others
- Prove your domain mastery
- Study at your own pace
- Take the test at your convenience from your own computer anywhere in the world
What are the benefits of certification for Directors/VPs/Executives?
- Increase team skill sets and effectiveness
- Help your employees grow their careers
- Increase team satisfaction
- Ensure planning efforts are geared towards profitability and the voice of the customer
What are the benefits of certification for HR Departments & Professionals?
- Provides employees with widely-respected credentials
- Self-contained offerings that can be delivered in-person worldwide taken any time anywhere
- Eliminate the need to develop your own in-house training program
Can’t find your answer in our FAQ?
Please note that our hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (Pacific Time Zone).
Sorry, but we do not offer telephone support unless first contacted via e-mail.