Frequently Asked Questions about our Toolkits and Self-Study Courses
How can I purchase the Toolkits?
Is the toolkit a single-user license, and may I distribute it to others?
Are there multi-user licenses and volume discounts available for the toolkits?
Can I make modifications to the toolkit files, such as adding my company logo?
I purchased the product but haven’t received my download link.
If you haven’t received the email with a download link please do the following:
- Make sure you are checking the email account that you provided when you purchased the product.
- Check your junk mail/spam folder for the download link email.
- If you still can’t find the download email, send your purchase receipt email (or name and date of purchase) using the form at the bottom of this page. We will then send you another email with the download link.
What should I do if I can’t download and/or install my products?
- Have your IT department unlock Yousendit/Hightail
- Use a different network to download the product (outside the firewall)
What should I do if the password isn’t working?
I receive a WinZip error message that Windows cannot find C:\documents…
I can’t find the product file after downloading?
The file folder and its contents will be created in the same location where you downloaded the file. If you cannot find it then most likely the file has been put in your downloads folder, on your desktop or accidentally been filed on your temporary download folder. A computer search for your product name will help identify where the file was stored on your hard drive. Once located, it can be moved to a new location of your choice. If you aren’t able to find the product file after checking the above locations, please download a second time and save it directly to your desktop.
I can’t unzip the toolkit or open specific files after downloading.
- Make sure the toolkit file is on your desktop (if it is in a nested folder with a long name Winzip may not be able to unzip it due to Windows path name character number limitations of 256 characters.)
- Right click on the files and select “Extract to here” – this should create a folder on your desktop with all of the toolkit files.
- Try downloading the file again using your download link, then follow the process outlined in the previous step.
If the above instructions don’t work, use the following instructions to unzip the file (based on your operating system):
Mac OSX 10.3 or later have a built in utility that opens zip files.
Open “Finder” and navigate to the Zip file you wish to unzip.
Double-click the file you wish to unzip.
The files contained within the Zip file will be automatically unzipped into the same folder as the original zip file.
If you don’t have the utility installed several programs are available such as StuffIt Expander and 7-zip
Windows 7, Vista or XP
Locate the compressed folder that you want to extract files or folders from.
Extract the entire contents of the compressed folder, right-click the folder, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Some of the files appear to be missing or corrupted.
I can’t open certain files within the toolkit
To open the files:
- Put the main toolkit folder on your desktop and open the files through the html page
- You can also navigate through the folders and open the files each separately by double clicking on them.
I’ve lost or deleted my copy of the toolkit
My download link is no longer active.
Will I receive a hard copy of the toolkit in the mail?
How do I get a free upgrades for products?
How do I contact customer/technical support?
Do you offer phone support?
I can’t get the narrated presentation to play on my computer.
There are several things that might cause this to happen:
- The zip files may not have extracted correctly (see question above about how to solve this).
- You may not have the Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer (or may have an older version).
- Internet Explorer may be giving you a message that looks like this, indicating that “To help protect your security Internet Explorer has restricted this web page from running…”. If this occurs click on the message and choose “Allow Blocked Content”.
- The file may not be launching correctly from the “Start Here” HTML page. If this is the case do the following:
- For the Product Roadmap Toolkit go to the folder: PRTK 1.0\Product Roadmap Toolkit\Seminar Files\PRTK Compelling Product Roadmaps and double click on the file labeled “start”.
- For the Product Launch Toolkit go to the folder: PLTK 1.0\Product Launch Toolkit\Presentation and double click on the file labeled “start”.
- For the Beta Program Toolkit go to the folder: BPTK 1.0\Beta Program Toolkit and double click on the file labeled “Beta Program Seminar”.
- For the Developer Program Toolkit go to the folder: DPTK 1.0\Developer Program Toolkit\Seminar Files and double click on the file named “start”.
What is the 280 Group’s refund policy for downloadable products?
Are the toolkits Mac compatible or available to view with an iPad or Android device?
What are the system requirements for the Self-Study Courses?
280 Group Customer and Technical Support is offered via e-mail by filling out the form below.
Please note that our hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (Pacific Time Zone).
Sorry, but we do not offer telephone support unless first contacted via e-mail.