Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 194 Product Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
You will play an integral role in shaping the future and leading growth of our client. This position will support leading the optimization of the product portfolios that ultimately celebrate the achievements of millions of students every year.
You will be responsible for assessing customer needs, market conditions and competition to develop a clear product strategy for the assigned product line to drive growth across our client’s product portfolio. You will also be responsible for execution of the strategy and commercialization of product solutions, including managing cross-functional teams, coordinating business case development, executing strong stage gate process, managing product life cycle and on-going innovation pipeline development for the product line.
What we want you to accomplish for your assigned categories:
- Assess current market state including market size, trends, competition and gap analysis
- Lead and collaborate on cross functional research projects to gain consumer insights
- Develop product roadmap to support five-year organizational growth plan; initiate projects through business case development and stage gate process management
- Act as product champion throughout the organization in leading initiatives to improve all aspects of the customer experience
- Analyze market research, trends, projections and innovations to formulate new product concepts and designs
- Define the business dynamics necessary to consider portfolio expansion including market size, barriers, differentiations value, and existing portfolio alignment
- Provide expertise to establish and/or coordinate a commercialization strategy to include product pro- forma, branding and sales strategies, communication, training and pilot development
- Influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including manufacturing, sales operations, customer service, sales, finance, legal and others
- Use project management skills to manage projections from initiation through closing to successfully meet project objectives
- 3+ years in related fields (product management, strategy development)
- Strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment.
- Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, and assessing strategic options
- Understanding of customer segmentation and consumer research as well as product production Customer-oriented and collaborative in nature
- Results oriented and can work well in an ambiguous context
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Track record for innovation thinking combined with a pragmatic, roll-up-the-sleeves execution and results delivery
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written – and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong people and management skills to interact with customers, staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, sales and third parties
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree, marketing preferred MBA a plus
- Be the Voice of the Customer by securing feedback from end user clients in order to develop product requirements for next generation cash automation solutions and supporting services.
- Deploy and use best practices to measure, understand and optimize the success of the products you own. Based on product vision & strategy, design new features and propose improvements to existing features to maximize impact.
- Author Market Requirements Documents and collaborate with engineering to derive official Product Feature Specifications.
- Work in collaboration with engineering to develop long-term product roadmaps for assigned products and solutions.
- Maintain thorough understanding of competitive product line strengths and weaknesses.
- Create core content that accurately communicates product differentiation.
- Compose technical information into clear, concise product documentation for technical and non- technical audiences. Create compelling client-facing documentation. Train internal partners on product features and benefits.
- Work closely across functional groups to drive impactful product launches, including initial sales pipeline development, securing customer pilot locations, and ensuring service readiness.
- Spearhead all outbound product launch activities, including product naming, positioning, product collateral, web site development, PR, and trade show participation.
- Collect, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Manage timelines and follow multiple product roadmaps to organize timely feature releases and minimize release delays.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in a product management capacity, for solutions involving both hardware and software.
- A proven track record of developing and managing technical product solutions from concept to EOL, and working with developers on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience working directly with end user clients to solicit feedback for next generation solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing compelling, customer-facing collateral and other related product assets.
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in matrix management of multiple functions.
- Excels in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 10-15% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus
- 3+ years’ experience within a regulated industry (insurance, banking, financial services, or healthcare)
- Leading or playing a key role in digital product or platform development as the “voice of the user” by establishing a clear vision and communicating ‘the story’ effectively to key stakeholders from ideation and go-live, to troubleshooting and enhancement
- Managing cross-functional teams that include business stakeholders, subject matter experts, product analysts, UX designers, IT architects, sales/marketing teams, and external technology partners
- Demonstrated “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality and willingness to define, manage, and improve a backlog of product features based on well written user stories and clear acceptance criteria across a multi-phased sprint and release plan
- Passion for user-driven design that considers documented user pain points & usability test results alongside market & industry research data to deliver a well-positioned functional product
- Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team with the ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs by telling a compelling story with sufficient gravitas to galvanize the team and make real-time decisions
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum, MBA a plus
Education / Certifications Required:
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
PM 193 Product Manager
Location: Dallas, TX
Our client is looking for a Product Manager to lead the design and development of new automation solutions for existing and new users. This is a unique, once in a career opportunity to deliver a broad portfolio of automation systems to a diverse set of end user clients and channel partners. We are looking for someone who has experience in, and understands the issues with, leading a comprehensive set of product management processes from concept to EOL.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Education, Certifications and Licenses
PM 192 Digital Product Owner
Location: Ft. Washington, PA
Our client leads by driving innovation, partnership and growth keeping our customers and partners at the center of everything they do. They offer specialty insurance solutions, which can be customized, expertise in four key areas: data analytics, marketing, underwriting, and servicing, an innovative approach on program strategy, from the design of products and services to the delivery of the marketing message, full-service global capabilities, technical expertise and industry knowledge to deliver value.
Your Impact as a Digital Product Owner
Reporting to the VP, Digital Transformation, the Digital Product Owner will play a central role in the development and rollout of various digital products, starting with a consumer-facing platform that will empower policy holders to perform common tasks via a web-based portal.
The Digital Product Owner will be the primary advocate for end-users and have ownership to lead a cross-functional team that will work across multiple business units to develop, test, measure, and continuously improve digital assets in partnership with stakeholders across the organization. This team will utilize Agile, lean start-up methodology, and other innovation best-practices to anchor solution development with a solid understanding of user needs to accelerate speed-to-learning and successful launch. The person in this role will travel 50% of the time to the East Coast and Midwest.