Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: recruiting @ 280group dot com
Know someone who is a match for one of our position? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 182 Product Manager
Location: Albany, NY
Our client is a global “Fortune 500” technology leader. They are looking for a Product Manager to be responsible for a defined product line, including: product line global growth, product definition, forecasting, profitability, commercialization and product life cycle management. Work to meet these responsibilities includes coordination of tactical and strategic business activities with Sales, Service, Research & Development Engineers, Manufacturing, Quality, Customers, and Business Partners.
The Product Manager maintains expertise on relevant products and technologies through training, research, and proactive industry immersion. Using this expertise, ensures competitiveness of product line and designs multi-dimensional marketing campaigns to drive product line growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures a product line that is healthy by employing a “portfolio view”: growing the product line in attractive areas, while minimizing personal and business effort on lesser attractive portions of the portfolio, resulting in profitable growth in the short and long terms.
- Leads a cross functional matrix team of manufacturing engineers, design engineers, quality associates, and purchasing to deliver PPV, VAVE, quality, OTD, first pass yield, obsolescence, and NPD targets for the product line.
- Develops a global product marketing roadmap that is the vision for sustaining the health of the portfolio, including target technologies, markets, price, positioning & competitive differentiation. Roadmap is to include strategic obsolescence and product exits.
- Justifies and wins internal support for roadmap priorities.
- Creates & provides technical and sales training for the product line to Field Sales and Service Organizations as well as Distributors and outside customers.
- Conducts on-going VOC and competitive analysis, generating selling tools that enabling company to differentiate the product line to our target customers.
- Leads new product commercialization, including launch and sales / customer training. Also responsible for product promotion plan including trade shows, product literature plan, product training plan and product distribution plan.
- Coordinates with global sales, service, manufacturing, quality, customers and standards (regulatory) organizations all tactical and strategic actions necessary for product portfolio health.
- Determines product pricing and recommend pricing policies based on established gross margin objectives and preparation of plans for margin improvement where necessary.
- Prepares competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for all new and existing products. Supports sales organization with competitive share take strategies and up to date market intelligence.
- Drives problem solving and voice of the customer to assure strong positioning and product line growth. Assess customer experience and process technical support data collaboratively with development, product planning, sales and other internal personnel. Actively reviews product line performance on a regular basis and countermeasures misses for all value stream targets.
- 5-7 years of industry and / or product line management experience required; 2-3 years of global product marketing experience, including New Product Introduction (NPI) Development and Execution strongly preferred.
- A fundamental understanding of electronics, especially electronic sensing and control technologies.
- Knowledge of process manufacturing environments and application of appropriate standards & regulations preferred.
- Ability & desire to work with customers, translating needs into products and solutions is a must; experience with Outcome Driven Innovation / Voice of Customer techniques preferred
- Demonstrated Ability to work effectively across functions (engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, sales, service)
- Formal training in pricing, leadership influence and forecasting desired
- Candidates with international experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written) a must.
- Willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
PM 181 Product Manager
Location: New York, NY
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to take the lead product position at a fast growing, VC backed, Digital Health startup.
Our client is a platform that connects Healthcare clinicians to local available shifts with large healthcare providers. Our platform has both consumer facing mobile apps and an enterprise SaaS offering that is deployed with large enterprises.
Entrepreneurial, with strong and proven Product Management experience working for startups and taking new software products to the market.
Ideally you’ve worked on mobile applications, marketplace platforms and SaaS B2B products.
About the job
As the CEO of the Product you will work with Customer Success, Marketing, Sales and our customers and users to drive platform metrics and revenues. Specifically, you will:
- Build and maintain the roadmap, manage feature delivery from discovery to validation in production.
- Write the product management playbook and build a team of product managers and analysts
- Constantly come up with creative ways to add more value to our customers through new features, new business models, partnerships, technical innovation and optimization and implement them end to end (product, operations, whatever is needed…)
- Understand what the different parts of the business challenges are and find solutions within the product to these challenges where possible.
Your team will include a product owner, UX/UI lead and a QA team.
- 5-10 years of Product Management experience
- Experience in managing product for mobile platforms, B2b SaaS or online marketplaces/exchanges
- Prior experience working in an entrepreneurial environment, where your judgment and strategic thinking are key to success, where a “can do” approach and ability to roll up the sleeves and get stuff done is the number 1 requirement.
- Experience in creating new products and successfully taking them to the market.
- Prior experience working in an entrepreneurial environment, where your judgment and strategic thinking were key to success
- Demonstrated experience and skills in identifying, building and managing large product teams, in multiple companies, motivating people towards delivering top performance and outcomes
- Success taking complex products to market and proven results working cross functionally with Engineering and Sales, driving successful deliverables
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Leadership attributes with demonstrated integrity, passion and initiative
- BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics plus, MBA preferred
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding technology company
- Competitive base salary
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan
PM 180 Product Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
A technology startup company with an innovative suite of software products focused on the clinical, financial and resource enhancements healthcare marketplace. We are looking for a creative, passionate, and experienced Product Manager.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have a strong background in usability design, wireframe development, requirements gathering, technical writing, and exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Contribute to sales and business development activities, product demonstrations, solution architecture planning, and scope of work reviews
- Develop clear specifications to explain product ideas and designs to engineering, external customers and sales prospects
- Research new industry product trends to ensure our strategically competitive edge in the marketplace
- Manage the product development process from conception, design through launch
- Responsible for gathering requirements, managing and prioritizing product backlog, software acceptance, and release planning
- Define, refine, and communicate customer requirements into design specifications that are actionable by engineers and that support QA test case development
- Maintain and communicate product roadmap to all stakeholders
- Draft release notes, including new product documentation and new feature training
- Bachelor’s degree; project management certification a plus
- At least 4 years of product management or related experience
- Ability to evaluate end-user business needs, translate them into technical requirements, and manage the development and delivery of new products, tools, or features
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Comfortable using prototyping/design tools, e.g. Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with SDLC project management tools, e.g. Microsoft Project, Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Occasional travel (less than 25%) as warranted by project work
- Business intelligence/reporting experience, including the implementation or management of BI platforms, creating custom reports, and data transformation and analysis
- Hands-on technologist, with the ability to make informed decisions independently: solid operational management experience required, managing client-facing IT projects or enterprise software solutions
- Experience with clinical software systems or electronic health record (EHR) systems, including certification, management, or maintenance of HITECH, HITRUST, and Meaningful Use criteria
- Knowledge of industry standard healthcare message specifications, including HL7, FHIR and EDI X12 (e.g. 834, 270, 271, 837, 835, 999), and file formats (CCD, CCDA, CCR, etc.)
PM 179 Product Manager – SaaS/Enterprise
Location: Baltimore, MD
Our client is a recognized leader in developing, deploying and supporting software solutions. They provide an integrated solution suite to their customers and are looking for a Product Manager to join their Product Management group. In this position you will be responsible for defining and communicating the strategic path for new product offerings and add-ons. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a solid understanding of and experience in Product Management disciplines and in software product development. Pragmatic Marketing or Optimal Product Management training/certification is preferred.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Conduct market analysis, create a Business Case and Return on Investment model for the Collections/Audit product.
- Conduct customer and market research to validate business needs and market problems.
- Define product strategy and product roadmap with clear objectives and long-term vision.
- Create a product backlog with prioritized features (Must Have, Nice to Have, Future Release).
- Partner with Technology Team (Engineering, QA, Project Management) to communicate product requirements and determine viable development strategies, deliverables, and release dates.
- Contribute to high level Requirements documents.
- Run Voice of the Customer or alpha/beta programs and capturing early customer feedback.
- Define value positioning to assist other areas of the organization in marketing and positioning of the product.
- Competitive analysis for use internally at the company.
- Bachelors, with preferred focus in Business, Information Technology, Marketing, or
- 5+ years of business or systems experience pertaining to software development products
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Product Management training/certification preferred
- Energetic, self-motivated, strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly
PM 178 Product Manager/Marketing Manager
Location: Danvers, MA
Our client is looking for a Product Manager. In this role, you will be highly involved in helping define and implement the strategic direction for product in North America. He/she will lead their customer segmentation and Voice-of-Customer (VOC) initiatives to identify market insights/trends and turn them into new product commercialization opportunities that support their strategic objectives. This role will also be responsible for actively managing the product portfolio, implementing pricing initiatives, identifying and developing marketing and sales tools to maximize the effectiveness of their sales team, and working with other key functional areas to achieve growth targets.
- Employ marketing best practices such as VOC, customer segmentation, product portfolio management, competitive positioning, market assessment, pricing, and new product development.
- Define, structure and execute VOC initiatives to identify market needs and opportunities that result in a strong product road map for their business.
- Obtain deep understanding of markets to define target customer segments. Position both current and new products to address needs of target market segments.
- Create business cases for new product opportunities, work with cross-function teams via the stage-gate process to take these opportunities from concept to commercialization. Successfully launch new products to deliver on NPI metrics.
- Analyze market trends/opportunities and manage product life cycle to recommend product portfolio changes and improvements.
- Devise value proposition across the different segments, and train commercial team and channel partners to effectively deliver value proposition.
- Maintain competitor/market information up-to-date to support strategic planning and business development.
- Develop, expand and maintain Market Maps to understand relevant industries and competitors, and recommend initiatives to drive competitive differentiation.
- Develop and execute product training and support to sales, customer service, technical support, distributors and customers to drive growth.
- Define and manage creation of marketing content and collaterals for both print and digital platforms.
- Devise and create marketing campaigns to drive lead generation and conversion, lead nurturing, and brand awareness.
- Manage trade shows to maximize booth traffic and manage lead capture on site; support channel partners on trade shows with marketing collateral and product positioning.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
- Utilize the ITW Toolbox (80/20, PLS, MRD, USa) to drive successful penetration in market segments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field from four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in B2B business. Specialty Chemical industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering business growth in a Marketing Manager or Product Manager role.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and able to make strategic and operational decisions.
- Ability to read, interpret and write technical documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with the popular Microsoft products, proficient in MS Office.
- Domestic travel required – typically ~25%.
- The successful candidate must be creative, intellectually curious and have a strong work ethic. The individual must be an independent thinker and self-starter with the bandwidth to multitask and work on several projects at a given time. It is important that the individual have superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Danvers.
- Ability to analyze complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Structured, organized individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks and quickly grasp complicated situations. Attention to detail is important.
PM 177 Product Marketing Manager – Healthcare
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in Florida and has been awarded one of the best places to work in the healthcare industry. They are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to focus on managing a specific medical specialty product line and be the internal and external champion for the product. The objective of this role is to create a strong product position in the marketplace that will allow clients and prospects to have a clear understanding of our value proposition and the product story.
In this role, you will focus on understanding your target market and their needs. You will play a key role in the development of both internal and external communication plans and messaging to their clients. You will define product positioning, conduct competitive analysis, and go-to-market strategy for product launches to generate demand to meet revenue and retention goals. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and plays a central role within the organization.
You may be a great fit IF…
- You are a passionate, driven professional with sound business aptitude and natural sales instincts.
- You have a proven track record of successes in meeting sales quotas within the healthcare space.
- You are self-motivated, results-oriented and able to work both independently and on a team.
- You have the ability to drive the sales strategy and process for a territory.
- You are technically savvy with an ability to quickly learn and assimilate domain knowledge of the various medical specialties.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can take your career to the next level in the growing field of Healthcare IT!
To be successful in this role, you will ensure that the product you support is the market leader for that specialty.
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to develop and support the product strategy by creating programs for launches and GTM campaigns.
- Develop compelling content, that accurately communicates the product’s performance, and strategies that generates brand awareness and lead/demand generation across all market segments.
- Create and coordinate product content for sales enablement tools, templates, white papers, case studies, website copy, print and digital ads, videos, webinars, and blog posts.
- Conduct market research that leverages competitive intelligence to better understand and drive market strategies.
- Identify key trends, market drivers and customer requirements for the vertical’s products and services, while acting as a subject matter expert and sharing this information with the sales and product teams.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing team to develop product positioning that translates into clear messaging.
- Develop value propositions around critical market drivers for the vertical such as regulatory compliance, patient engagement, data analytics, operational efficiencies, financial administration and reimbursement, and care management that position the vertical as the market leader.
- Research and attend trade shows and event activations, and assist with planning and onsite setup.
- Research new marketing channels to expand brand awareness and demand generation.
- Drive product success by developing and tracking product KPIs including:
- Lead Growth
- Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR)
- Monthly Transaction Revenue (MTR)
- Revenue Growth
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- 5+ years of experience in a product marketing or product management role with a marketing focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies, campaigns, and supporting materials.
- Ability to identify key buying influences and develop compelling value proposition statements that drive customer behavior.
- Healthcare experience preferred; a working knowledge behind either the Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Dermatology & Plastic Surgery, or Ophthalmology fields is desired.
- SaaS / technology background a plus.
PM 176 Product Business Analyst
Location: Baltimore, MD
Our client is a recognized leader in developing, deploying and supporting software solutions. They provide an integrated solution suite to their customers and are looking for a Business Analyst to join their Product Management group. In this position you will act as an experienced liaison between business users and development teams by serving as the business problem solver. You will provide the processes, questions, and techniques to efficiently extract the information needed from the business users for successful application development projects. In addition, you will identify problems and/or opportunities and define solutions while remaining customer focused during the entire lifecycle.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Discover, understand and document the business needs for new products, feature enhancements or product extensions to support customer or prospect needs
- Interview customer, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders in JAD sessions to define and translate business needs into clearly defined and detailed requirements, user stories, and user-focused specifications
- Facilitate the design and development of product features with the development team, including User Interface design sessions, creation of wireframes, customer feedback sessions, and functional testing
- Participate in customer Beta testing projects to create and deliver end user training, implementation documentation, and support user acceptance testing
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst with demonstrated strong proficiency in requirements discovery and definition for software product development teams. Agile SDLC lifecycles preferred.
- Must have experience with Jira and/or Rally
- Experience with Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, preferably lead experience
- Ability to solicit, formulate and influence the selection of solution alternatives that meet business objectives
- Ability to solicit, formulate and influence the selection of solution alternatives that meet business objectives
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail along with clear, effective, and proactive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and meet demanding timelines
- Hands-on experience with employee benefits or HRIS software is preferred
PM 175 Product Owner
Location: Ft. Worth/Dallas Area, TX
The Product Owner will be responsible for owning the process leading to the delivery of specific products or product lines throughout the product life cycle to optimize profit and meet client expectations, marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. They will work closely with a Product Manager to translate high-level strategic decisions into actionable and understandable deliverables for development, quality assurance and customer service to create new products, or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Gather business requirements from a variety of sources, such as customers, account Owners, and sales. Document, elaborate on and work with business leadership to prioritize these requirements as part of the overall product roadmap.
- Own product backlog keeping at least 3 months of work ready for development
- Serve as subject matter expert in relevant product domains assisting with customer UAT, defect triage and mitigation efforts
- Partner with stakeholders to define minimum viable product
- Inspect, accept or reject completed development work
- Communicate work in progress and upcoming work to key internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with software development to build great solutions for existing and potential customers
- Develop an understanding of the target market and user bases which will then guide decisions on product backlog and prioritization
- Contribute to the business cases created by project managers as necessary to justify proposed solutions and business investments
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and customer trends to ensure AudaExplore’s solutions stay ahead of the market
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to define cross-product strategy within Claims platform
- Conduct customer, market, and competitive analysis to identify industry trends, market gaps and unmet customer needs
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Beta Analyst experience in software product development environment
- Ability to support Agile Scrum methodologies or waterfall methodologies
- Experience in a role with strong requirements elicitation (Business Analyst, Technical Product Manager, consultant, etc.), and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Experience with customer support and bug tracking
- A minimum of three to five years of related experience in software development.
- Experience with auto physical damage claims highly desired.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably with a major in business, marketing, economics, computer science or a related field.
- Experience and proficiency with business management tools JIRA, Aha, and MS suite.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PM 174 Senior Product Manager
Location: Ft. Worth/Dallas Area, TX
Our client is a global leader in digital technologies with a workforce of over 5000 and an entrepreneurial culture of success.
- Product Strategy: Analyze market to develop product strategy. Includes (market sizing, competitive analysis, customer value proposition development, etc.)
- Roadmap development and execution: Develop product roadmap to effectively deliver strategy. Ensure execution of roadmap through development, product launch, delivered results and tracking.
- Industry/Product Expert: Be an expert on the product and market. Provide expertise to sales, customers, executives and others through product demos, documents/videos, presentations etc.
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with multiple local and global stakeholders to ensure we deliver differentiated and innovative solutions that maximize the value delivered to our clients and partners.
- Effectively document, prioritize and communicate market, business and customer needs in tight collaboration with the design, engineering, support and sales teams, to maximize our output and competitiveness.
- Chart the direction of the existing product lines as well as determine the strategy for new solutions, potentially even entering new markets
- Minimum of 3 years software Product Management experience with proven results
- Agile product management and/or agile coaching training/experience
- Experience working within an enterprise environment but entrepreneurial teams and mindset
- Experience with B2B service models & interactions
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related technical field. MBA/MS a plus
- Capable of assisting in driving the development and delivery of solution strategy including end to end designs and business requirements within an agile development framework, reinforcing focus on defensible and quantifiable delivery of business value
- Track record of delivering product innovations leveraging customer feedback, deployment experience, competitive positioning, and market thought leadership
- Track record of building out strategic and tactical product roadmaps from the ground up
- Ability to partner with the business to produce revenue plans, product pricing, product positioning
- Able to work closely with users, engineering, support and commercial teams to oversee and participate in user experience testing and product feedback sessions to capture key feedback that feeds product development
- Demonstrated success working with engineering teams to plan, develop, refine, and launch successful software products on-time and with high quality
- Ability to take complex business and technical problems and distill them down to actionable responses for mitigation and resolution by both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience building and executing product go-to-market launch plans, partnering with sales, marketing and support for execution.
- Analytical capabilities to track, monitor and quantify solutions usage and delivered value
- Professionally presentable, well-spoken and articulate for the delivery of internal and external product presentations
- Quantifiable value proposition and value-based pricing experience
*Referral fee of $1,000 will be paid for any candidate currently not in the 280 Group candidate pool who is referred to the 280 Group for a full-time position that we have posted and accepts the position if offered from our client. Referral fee will be paid when we we receive our fee.