Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 198 Senior Product Manager
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Seeking Amazing Senior Product Manager
Do you have a passion for great Product Management? Would you like to help transform Product Management at some of the world’s leading companies? And along the way would you like to help make Product Managers dramatically more effective while enjoying their job? If so, read on.
280 Group, the world’s leading Product Management Consulting and Training firm, is looking for a hands-on Senior Product Manager to bring our next generation of products and services to market. We’ll expect you to be an amazing Product Manager (and we’ve met a few) with a broad set of skills. Within 280 Group you’ll be the voice of the customer – representing the Product Management community worldwide. You’ll apply your knowledge, research and experiences to create and update products that further extend our lead in the market and maintain our sustainable competitive advantage.
You must be proficient in the skills required across the entire product lifecycle using classic, Agile, and Lean methods. You must have shipped multiple products that delighted customers and stole the market from your competitors. You must be a fantastic writer and communicator. And you have to be good enough to inspire a team of the best Product Management folks in the world with your ideas.
- Conduct market, concept, customer, and competitive research
- Set product strategy and develop multi-year roadmaps
- Develop new training courses – in person and online, consulting offerings, books, templates and other new innovative types of products and services
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Operations and ensure their input is incorporated into new products
- Develop and ship breakthrough new products rapidly
- Deliver products using repeatable systems and in-depth train the trainer so that other 280 Group consultants catch on quickly.
- Deliver product management training and consultancy projects (we will bring you up to speed in this area)
- Create thought leadership content and products that are untouchable
- At LEAST five – ten years of hand-on Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Technical background: know your way around data and metrics at a minimum
- Multiple Product Management Certifications (AIPMM CPM preferred)
- Ability to create products for both individual PM’s and PM executives using standard Microsoft tools
- Great at listening deeply and translating what you hear into solutions
- Be the best team player we want to work and have fun with
About 280 Group
- World’s leading Product Management and Product Marketing consulting and training firm
- Growing rapidly – repeatedly made the Inc. 5k fastest growing companies list the last few years
- The BEST culture you will ever work in
- Great benefits
- Competitive pay
- The chance to make a real difference for the Product Management profession worldwide
PM 197 Product Line Manager, Connectivity Products, Fiber Cable Assemblies
Location: San Jose, CA or Somerset, NJ
This is an opportunity to expand and grow our client’s business in the Telecommunication and Datacenter Networking markets. In this role you will be a business leader responsible for all aspects of the lifecycle of a product line including the definition, roadmap, P&L, growth, and market share goals over its projected lifetime.
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate product development to meet customer and market needs, fill product gaps and generate new product ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of pricing plans, demand forecasting, and product life cycle strategies
- Provide direction in the creation of product promotion plans, technical ordering guides, web-based catalogs, and user documentation
- Achieve product market share goals by working with customer account management to develop product sales strategies
- Develop product and market roadmaps to facilitate continued success of your product line
- Facilitate inventory turnover, product availability, and lead-time adherence by working with operations to review and adjust inventory levels and production schedules
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Be a leader for your product line providing vision, direction, and motivation to operations, engineering, field applications, customer service, and sales
- Become the subject matter expert for your product line
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent; MBA is preferred
- Highly developed analytic and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to understand technical products and customer applications
- 3+ years in a Product Management role, managing all aspects of a successful product line through its lifecycle
- Knowledge of Fiber Optics is highly desirable
- Previous Telecommunications, Datacenter, or other Data Communications experience a plus
- 10%-25% travel is anticipated for this position
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PM 195 Director of Digital Marketing Operations
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Our client is expanding into the next stage of growth with their SaaS and Digital Marketing products. They are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Director of Digital Marketing Operations. They are looking for an entrepreneurial executive with elite operational skills to scale an already successful and profitable company. This opportunity will give the Director of DM-Operations the ability to put their fingerprint on the operational efficiency and growth of our client.
They are looking for a digital expert who has a stellar track record of results, outstanding business acumen, and a firm belief that building trust and doing the right thing is just as important as the results themselves. As a senior leader in the digital marketing operations organization, you will be responsible for performance marketing campaigns, driving the martech strategy, establishing a premier marketing operations team, and program management for core marketing initiatives.
A candidate for this position must be a results-driven individual with exceptional analytical skills in quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting, and ROAS/ROI. You will also be highly skilled in marketing automation systems and have the capacity to integrate those systems with marketing technologies. You will ensure that the planning process and key decisions are supported by fact and consumer insight vs. “art” and “intuition.” Continually measure Marketing allocation and course correct as marketplace conditions warrant.
The Director of Marketing Operations must be a strong team player with an ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization as well as externally. You will have an ability to inspire and move a cross-functional team in a unified direction and with a unified vision. You must be an approachable leader that team members will follow and trust.
- Creating and executing innovative digital marketing strategies to profitably increase revenue
- Sharing your expert knowledge of paid advertising (Facebook, Google Ads, DV360, etc.) as well as social media strategy expertise and influencer marketing
- Leading, mentoring, and coaching department managers and staff
- Identifying process improvement to existing processes within the Marketing Operations functional area
- Contributing to business development efforts, including sales presentations and contract negotiations
- Coordinating and leading the activities between internal and external partners (vendors, agency, tech) as appropriate in facilitating the delivery of multichannel tactics
- Working with your Business Analyst to produce reports to run status meetings and to facilitate customer discussions
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of marketing operations experience.
- 5+ years leading digital marketing teams.
- Proven ability to partner and collaborate across key functional areas such as sales, technology and product.
- Strong industry affiliations and relationships.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically & implement tactically.
- Proficiency in tools such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook ads, among others.
- Deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data and analytics (CPC, CTR, open rate, CPL, CPA, EPC, etc.) to improve results and increase ROI.
- Strong digital implementation background with deep understanding of the key steps surrounding digital implementations that scale.
PM 194 Product Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
You will play an integral role in shaping the future and leading growth of our client. This position will support leading the optimization of the product portfolios that ultimately celebrate the achievements of millions of students every year.
You will be responsible for assessing customer needs, market conditions and competition to develop a clear product strategy for the assigned product line to drive growth across our client’s product portfolio. You will also be responsible for execution of the strategy and commercialization of product solutions, including managing cross-functional teams, coordinating business case development, executing strong stage gate process, managing product life cycle and on-going innovation pipeline development for the product line.
What we want you to accomplish for your assigned categories:
- Assess current market state including market size, trends, competition and gap analysis
- Lead and collaborate on cross functional research projects to gain consumer insights
- Develop product roadmap to support five-year organizational growth plan; initiate projects through business case development and stage gate process management
- Act as product champion throughout the organization in leading initiatives to improve all aspects of the customer experience
- Analyze market research, trends, projections and innovations to formulate new product concepts and designs
- Define the business dynamics necessary to consider portfolio expansion including market size, barriers, differentiations value, and existing portfolio alignment
- Provide expertise to establish and/or coordinate a commercialization strategy to include product pro- forma, branding and sales strategies, communication, training and pilot development
- Influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including manufacturing, sales operations, customer service, sales, finance, legal and others
- Use project management skills to manage projections from initiation through closing to successfully meet project objectives
- 3+ years in related fields (product management, strategy development)
- Strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment.
- Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, and assessing strategic options
- Understanding of customer segmentation and consumer research as well as product production Customer-oriented and collaborative in nature
- Results oriented and can work well in an ambiguous context
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Track record for innovation thinking combined with a pragmatic, roll-up-the-sleeves execution and results delivery
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written – and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong people and management skills to interact with customers, staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, sales and third parties
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
Education / Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, marketing preferred MBA a plus