Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 204 New Product Marketing Specialist/Manager
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
This position will manage the new product development process as it relates to marketing requirements supporting new product launches. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to help design, build and roll-out products that drive innovation and change in the marketplace.
Support taking new products to market working in a cross-functional team collaborating with agencies and internal teams to develop marketing strategies for new products; conducting market research; ensuring customer needs are relayed to R&D, coordinating with the pricing manager, and executing integrated marketing plans.
- Work closely with cross-functional internal resources (sales, R&D, manufacturing, quality, purchasing) as well as outside agencies and law firms as they relate to the project or product
- Oversee development and implementation of new product launch campaigns, product training, sales materials, etc.
- Introduce and market new products by developing integrated marketing timelines with sales, agencies, and production
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand the product, specifications and features for go-to-market strategies and marketing launch plans
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding within the organization
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Support marketing team on other projects as needed
- 2-6 years of new product marketing, product management or related experience
- Experience on product management or product marketing teams managing all aspects of a successful product launch
- Problem solver, creative thinker, team oriented
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Ability and desire to understand and own product and marketing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
PM 202 Lead Product Manager (Head of Department)
Location: Cambridge, MA
Our client’s mission is to improve education at scale through technology. They have leading online SAT/ACT prep programs and want to continue growing fast in both technology and tutor enabled education products.
As they head of Product Management Product Manager, you’ll lead a full existing product line (department). You’ll be responsible for all aspects that feed into that product’s P&L, including optimizing marketing, product, sales, and continuing technical improvements. You’ll oversee growth of the entire product, including opening up new marketing channels, developing lifetime customer value, expanding our range of product variations, and improving the program itself.
You will determine which ongoing projects have highest returns (ROI), expand those, and propose creative new projects. You will translate these projects into budgets for your product line, and be responsible for implementing the projects. The implementation includes making hires and managing teams, as well as working with engineers, marketing experts and test content creators.
- Understand our client’s products fully, with a focus on how marketing, product, user experience, and sales impact the department’s profit and loss.
- Build and iteratively improve new marketing channels to reach new customers.
- Develop effective marketing materials that increase conversions and retention.
- Expand and propose projects with high ROI, and wind down projects with low ROI.
- Optimize current marketing and new marketing by learning Adwords, content marketing, SEO, and other channels.
- Optimize the current product by interfacing with engineers, tutors, and test content creators.
- Identify promising new features by interviewing customers, and develop and test high-value improvements to our products.
Ideal candidate has:
- Experience being responsible for P&L (e.g. running a department, running a startup or side-project with positive cashflow)
- Understanding of a broad array of marketing channels, including researching whether a channel is appropriate for a product, starting up new channels, and using tracking/metrics to prove positive ROI of a marketing channel
- Experience with SEO, content marketing, and Adwords
- Distinctive problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a strong desire to get things done and focus on the big picture
PM 199 Sr. Manager, Product Management
Location: Atlanta, GA
Our client is looking for a Sr. Manager, Product Management. In this role you will be responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on assessing market needs and inspiring cross-functional product teams to find the fastest way to achieve value around those needs. You will focus on guiding and executing the delivery of business value to drive sales, improve efficiency and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality products. Within their designated enterprise product line, Sr. Managers work closely with teams of developers, designers and business partners. They guide in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization and support cross-functional product teams.
In this role, you will lead the strategy to deliver quality products that add value. The Sr. Manager is skilled and experienced in generating innovative ideas for growth within their respective areas and across the Product Management organization. You must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive change management and process improvement.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
40% – Strategy & Planning:
- Looks across product teams and feature sets with a focus on alignment and dependencies
- Sets the overall product vision and strategies for the enterprise product thorough an understanding of customer and associate needs, both existing and potential, to provide retail customers and associates with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Applies domain expertise to provide thought leadership and translate vision into action to drive business growth
- Collaborates across the enterprise to create alignment between products to provide a seamless user experience
- Understands financial and business impact of proposed product updates and activities within portfolio; prioritizes updates to support the enterprise roadmap; and allocates funding across the products
- Identifies goals, metrics and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of the product and its individual features, and makes recommendations and refinements to the product based on learnings
- Contributes to and makes recommendations for strategic plans of the key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
- Participates in and influences development of enterprise technology roadmaps
- Supports and nurtures strategic vendor relationships; recommends ways to influence vendors that align to domain, portfolio, and enterprise strategic objectives
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- Drives product development by reviewing performance and directing work efforts of product teams to ensure products are aligned with company, stakeholder and end-user priorities
- Documents, reviews and validates to meet quality and change control standards
- Understands enterprise goals and KPIs to deliver value against them
- Resolves issues within or across product teams that may impair teams from delivery of a quality product in order to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Receives and prioritizes incoming requests from business partners and stakeholders balanced against business strategy, product vision and user needs
- Provides guidance on design of products while balancing dependencies and integration with other products across the enterprise
- Reviews and analyzes product metrics to inform strategic and tactical product decisions
- Makes suggestions to drive operational excellence, create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics
30% – People:
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to Product Managers
- Attracts, retains and develops top talent to build a world class Product Management Team
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, UX, etc.) to drive value, identify and resolve impediments
- Is an advocate of modern software development practices
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by associating with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs
- Works with the product team to assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps
- Manages cross-functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute product strategy
- Educates requestors to determine priority based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
- Guides junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis and execution tasks
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of working as a Product Manager in a modern software development-based enterprise environment and overseeing multiple products
- Mastery of modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies, specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development and continuous deployment
- Mastery of working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Proficiency in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Mastery of working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories
- Proficiency in conducting user research and testing to understand needs
- Mastery of identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value
- Proficiency in conducting competitive research and analysis
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through Product Management fundamentals in a professional setting
- Proficiency in managing and growing team members in a professional setting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process and people-related organizational dynamics
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.