Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 186 Director of Product
Location: Nashville, TN
The Director of Product will have primary responsibility for our client’s product ideation and creation, leading a small team of product resources responsible for the suite of products.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Strategy, the Director/Senior has primary responsibility for developing and executing against a product roadmap that balances market viability, cost, and timing.
This position requires software product ownership experience as well as the ability to work through every part of the organization as an ambassador for our client’s products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the product from stem to stern, including UI / UX, functionality, consumer-grade benchmarking, impact (user and employer), competitive differentiation, roadmap, etc.
- Manage a team of Product Managers/Specialists and UX Designers to form a Product team that becomes the center point for all product development decision making and ownership – from strategy to execution.
- Desire to continuously grow as a Product leader and grow a Product team.
- Develop deep interactions with the SVP of Technology and the Development and Data teams to understand technical feasibility, direction, and costs, and to establish the Product team as a critical component of the Development workflow.
- Create and own the Product Roadmap. This includes intaking and validating all possible product enhancements and innovations from multiple stakeholders – customer, sales, marketing, development, data, etc. – as well as prioritizing this work using a quantifiable system.
- Develop a business case for each new product / product variant. Make decisions based on data rather than opinions.
- Leverage data to drive Product Development focus – specifically, use value and cost data to develop a system for prioritizing the roadmap and the associated tangible pieces of work that comprise the product backlog.
- Gather and incorporate competitive analysis / sales intel into product strategy.
- Analyze product line costs, profitability and sales success to ensure that the portfolio is balanced and to recommend future direction.
- Relentless drive and push to advance our solution to a benchmark user UI / UX (not just in comparison to healthcare tools)
- Innate sense and talent for the 80 / 20….continual improvement of product look and functionality based on this awareness
- Demonstrate the ability to understand root problems users are facing in order to challenge proposed solutions and prioritize guidance shared by stakeholders – even if those stakeholders are in Senior Leadership or prominent customers.
- As the Product leader, you will defend the product and company vision, while also being a sponge for all internal and user feedback.
- Investigate customer needs in a hands-on way; work closely with Client Services, attend customer meetings, assist with sales demos, talk to at-risk customers, implement alpha features, develop user feedback mechanisms, etc.
- Investigate end user needs in innovative ways – leverage engagement and utilization data, develop methods of receiving direct feedback, leverage customer relationships to talk to end users, etc.
- Report concise, factual feedback on the status of the portfolio of products and roadmap initiatives to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing to develop go-to-market strategies optimized for adoption and engagement.
- Lead solution(s) through the commercialization process through collaboration with Implementation, Technical Support, Sales, and Marketing.
- Think around corners and work closely across the teams to ensure product hits the mark, on time and on scope, and delivers the intended impact / product fit
You Must Possess
- Expertise in building a data-driven approach and discipline to product strategy, prioritization and development
- Leadership and management experience
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs
- Aptitude in leading teams through direct management – as well as through cross- functional influence and coalition building
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required with the ability to explain advanced concepts to audiences of varying levels
- Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view
- Capacity to challenge current thinking and bring others along to implement new ideas to improve business results
- 5 + years on a software product team.
- 3 + years of experience in managing direct reports.
- 3 + years assessing new business opportunities for a software product company.
- 3 + years of experience in reporting status to senior management.
PM 185 Director of Product Marketing
Location: Durham, NC
This is the perfect opportunity to join a fast-growing company with disruptive technology. This role is ideal for an experienced cross functional executive seeking a dynamic role in leading the creation of new market entry strategies, partnerships and defining and developing new product offerings. Reporting to the CMO, you will be responsible for the full end-to-end strategy creation and ultimate market entry success by understanding customer requirements, evolving go to market strategy, creating product definition, and leveraging both internal and external teams toward successful commercial results.
You are expected to be an independent thinker with a strong team spirit to work closely with a team of engineers, business managers, and project managers to effectively develop and execute the product roadmap plan. You will glean insights from personal experience, sales team & customer interactions, independent research, and industry experience to guide the product roadmap. Close collaboration with internal and external engineering/supply chain team will be essential for you to develop and deliver quality product and drive market acceptance either directly or through the appropriate go to market channels and partners.
- Serve as the central conductor to further define, prioritize, and gain consensus on investment and engineering resources through linking these opportunities with the chartered product roadmap.
- Create resulting proposals, joint development agreements, and other business structures that enable our client to capitalize on our unique solid-state technology. This will be in support of executive and sales leaders where market coverage already exists, or independently in new market segments and opportunities.
- Conduct market intelligence: market size, growth rate, key drivers, VOC & segmentation to define short-term and long-range strategic plan for the product line and identify key priorities. Synthesize data into key trends, insights to develop business cases for new solutions.
- Effectively prioritizes initiatives through the use of ROI and business case; works with key leaders in the business and Marketing functions to develop and regularly maintain prioritization of new products.
- Own the development and execution of the product roadmap, prioritizing the most attractive market verticals and segments, product features, build consensus, and coordinating product development schedules with a team of project managers and engineers to create high-quality products.
- Be a champion for documentation management processes to manage product requirements & change approvals through the product engineering teams.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process by translating requirements from external client groups to internal teams including engineering, marketing, business development, and management.
- Responsible for vertical specific Demand Creation campaigns and deployment plan including all activities contained in the plan
- 8-10 years in vertical marketing, product management, business development or other applicable Marketing or Sales roles, preferably with 7+ years in B2B Marketing roles in complex business environments with an emphasis on strategy required.
- Understanding of marketing strategy, marketing planning, and the infrastructure and tools necessary to support these activities.
- A background in marketing components integrated into other products.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, degrees in marketing and business will also be entertained. M.B.A. preferred or equivalent business experience.
Customer, prospect and partner meetings, team meetings, industry events and conferences: ~25%
- Excellent organization and communication skills to engage with all levels of the organization. Listens carefully and encourages/accepts other points of view.
- Results-oriented and self-starting with a high level of personal initiative and an attitude of continuous improvement. Equally comfortable and willing to engage from the most basic level of grass roots market engagement, working with shop owners and maintenance technicians, up through leading fortune 500 executive and strategic level engagements.
- Strategic Orientation: Ability to engage in broad, complex, analytical and conceptual thinking; thorough functional understanding of the corporate market functions, planning and strategy.
- Maturity: Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Identifies problems, answers questions, gain cooperation of others.
- Problem Solving Skills: Strategic and innovative thinking with ability to translate data into insights.
- Collaborative & Influential: Develops effective working relationships with peers, managers, and senior management within and across organizational lines. Works effectively and cooperatively with customers and vendors.
- Management of Resources: Is well organized and focuses on the highest priorities first. Strong project management skills.
- Technical Skills: Experience in technology, systems, and/or manufacturing (durables) or other B to B industries or working with technology and/or data-related products and services preferred. Should understand the basic concepts of technology and/or product development process and delivery.
PM 182 Product Manager
Location: Albany, NY
Our client is a global “Fortune 500” technology leader. They are looking for a Product Manager to be responsible for a defined product line, including: product line global growth, product definition, forecasting, profitability, commercialization and product life cycle management. Work to meet these responsibilities includes coordination of tactical and strategic business activities with Sales, Service, Research & Development Engineers, Manufacturing, Quality, Customers, and Business Partners.
The Product Manager maintains expertise on relevant products and technologies through training, research, and proactive industry immersion. Using this expertise, ensures competitiveness of product line and designs multi-dimensional marketing campaigns to drive product line growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures a product line that is healthy by employing a “portfolio view”: growing the product line in attractive areas, while minimizing personal and business effort on lesser attractive portions of the portfolio, resulting in profitable growth in the short and long terms.
- Leads a cross functional matrix team of manufacturing engineers, design engineers, quality associates, and purchasing to deliver PPV, VAVE, quality, OTD, first pass yield, obsolescence, and NPD targets for the product line.
- Develops a global product marketing roadmap that is the vision for sustaining the health of the portfolio, including target technologies, markets, price, positioning & competitive differentiation. Roadmap is to include strategic obsolescence and product exits.
- Justifies and wins internal support for roadmap priorities.
- Creates & provides technical and sales training for the product line to Field Sales and Service Organizations as well as Distributors and outside customers.
- Conducts on-going VOC and competitive analysis, generating selling tools that enabling company to differentiate the product line to our target customers.
- Leads new product commercialization, including launch and sales / customer training. Also responsible for product promotion plan including trade shows, product literature plan, product training plan and product distribution plan.
- Coordinates with global sales, service, manufacturing, quality, customers and standards (regulatory) organizations all tactical and strategic actions necessary for product portfolio health.
- Determines product pricing and recommend pricing policies based on established gross margin objectives and preparation of plans for margin improvement where necessary.
- Prepares competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for all new and existing products. Supports sales organization with competitive share take strategies and up to date market intelligence.
- Drives problem solving and voice of the customer to assure strong positioning and product line growth. Assess customer experience and process technical support data collaboratively with development, product planning, sales and other internal personnel. Actively reviews product line performance on a regular basis and countermeasures misses for all value stream targets.
- 5-7 years of industry and / or product line management experience required; 2-3 years of global product marketing experience, including New Product Introduction (NPI) Development and Execution strongly preferred.
- A fundamental understanding of electronics, especially electronic sensing and control technologies.
- Knowledge of process manufacturing environments and application of appropriate standards & regulations preferred.
- Ability & desire to work with customers, translating needs into products and solutions is a must; experience with Outcome Driven Innovation / Voice of Customer techniques preferred
- Demonstrated Ability to work effectively across functions (engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, sales, service)
- Formal training in pricing, leadership influence and forecasting desired
- Candidates with international experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written) a must.
- Willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
PM 178 Product Manager/Marketing Manager
Location: Danvers, MA
Our client is looking for a Product Manager. In this role, you will be highly involved in helping define and implement the strategic direction for product in North America. He/she will lead their customer segmentation and Voice-of-Customer (VOC) initiatives to identify market insights/trends and turn them into new product commercialization opportunities that support their strategic objectives. This role will also be responsible for actively managing the product portfolio, implementing pricing initiatives, identifying and developing marketing and sales tools to maximize the effectiveness of their sales team, and working with other key functional areas to achieve growth targets.
- Employ marketing best practices such as VOC, customer segmentation, product portfolio management, competitive positioning, market assessment, pricing, and new product development.
- Define, structure and execute VOC initiatives to identify market needs and opportunities that result in a strong product road map for their business.
- Obtain deep understanding of markets to define target customer segments. Position both current and new products to address needs of target market segments.
- Create business cases for new product opportunities, work with cross-function teams via the stage-gate process to take these opportunities from concept to commercialization. Successfully launch new products to deliver on NPI metrics.
- Analyze market trends/opportunities and manage product life cycle to recommend product portfolio changes and improvements.
- Devise value proposition across the different segments, and train commercial team and channel partners to effectively deliver value proposition.
- Maintain competitor/market information up-to-date to support strategic planning and business development.
- Develop, expand and maintain Market Maps to understand relevant industries and competitors, and recommend initiatives to drive competitive differentiation.
- Develop and execute product training and support to sales, customer service, technical support, distributors and customers to drive growth.
- Define and manage creation of marketing content and collaterals for both print and digital platforms.
- Devise and create marketing campaigns to drive lead generation and conversion, lead nurturing, and brand awareness.
- Manage trade shows to maximize booth traffic and manage lead capture on site; support channel partners on trade shows with marketing collateral and product positioning.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
- Utilize the ITW Toolbox (80/20, PLS, MRD, USa) to drive successful penetration in market segments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field from four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in B2B business. Specialty Chemical industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering business growth in a Marketing Manager or Product Manager role.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and able to make strategic and operational decisions.
- Ability to read, interpret and write technical documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with the popular Microsoft products, proficient in MS Office.
- Domestic travel required – typically ~25%.
- The successful candidate must be creative, intellectually curious and have a strong work ethic. The individual must be an independent thinker and self-starter with the bandwidth to multitask and work on several projects at a given time. It is important that the individual have superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Danvers.
- Ability to analyze complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Structured, organized individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks and quickly grasp complicated situations. Attention to detail is important.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Referral fee of $1,000 will be paid for any candidate currently not in the 280 Group candidate pool who is referred to the 280 Group for a full-time position that we have posted and accepts the position if offered from our client. Referral fee will be paid when we receive our fee.