Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 192 Digital Product Owner
Location: Ft. Washington, PA
Our client leads by driving innovation, partnership and growth keeping our customers and partners at the center of everything they do. They offer specialty insurance solutions, which can be customized, expertise in four key areas: data analytics, marketing, underwriting, and servicing, an innovative approach on program strategy, from the design of products and services to the delivery of the marketing message, full-service global capabilities, technical expertise and industry knowledge to deliver value.
Your Impact as a Digital Product Owner
Reporting to the VP, Digital Transformation, the Digital Product Owner will play a central role in the development and rollout of various digital products, starting with a consumer-facing platform that will empower policy holders to perform common tasks via a web-based portal.
The Digital Product Owner will be the primary advocate for end-users and have ownership to lead a cross-functional team that will work across multiple business units to develop, test, measure, and continuously improve digital assets in partnership with stakeholders across the organization. This team will utilize Agile, lean start-up methodology, and other innovation best-practices to anchor solution development with a solid understanding of user needs to accelerate speed-to-learning and successful launch. The person in this role will travel 50% of the time to the East Coast and Midwest.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 3+ years’ experience within a regulated industry (insurance, banking, financial services, or healthcare)
- Leading or playing a key role in digital product or platform development as the “voice of the user” by establishing a clear vision and communicating ‘the story’ effectively to key stakeholders from ideation and go-live, to troubleshooting and enhancement
- Managing cross-functional teams that include business stakeholders, subject matter experts, product analysts, UX designers, IT architects, sales/marketing teams, and external technology partners
- Demonstrated “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality and willingness to define, manage, and improve a backlog of product features based on well written user stories and clear acceptance criteria across a multi-phased sprint and release plan
- Passion for user-driven design that considers documented user pain points & usability test results alongside market & industry research data to deliver a well-positioned functional product
- Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team with the ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs by telling a compelling story with sufficient gravitas to galvanize the team and make real-time decisions
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum, MBA a plus
PM 191 Director of Product Management
Location: Sacramento, CA
Our client is a technology startup that allows brands to scale their influencer, content and advertising efforts. Their software has changed the way companies approach influencer marketing and is helping to define the industry’s future. They are fresh out of LAUNCH and are continuing to add passionate, highly motivated people to their team. Located in Sacramento, CA, they offer competitive salaries, health benefits, equity, an exciting work environment and much more.
They are looking for a Director of Product Management who will drive the definition and execution of their next generation SaaS Influencer Marketing platform. You will be the point person to help identify use-cases, research unmet customer needs, and drive compelling roadmap.
In this role, the Director of Product Management will work with Engineering, Marketing, Sales and other functions to build SaaS that delight and engage our customers. Your responsibilities will be end to end, from problem discovery and user story refinement, all the way through to delivering optimal solutions to those problems.
Our client is looking for someone who can solve problems creatively and collaboratively, is data-driven, and can work effectively in fast moving team environment. It’s in their culture to learn, adapt and improve, so you’ll be someone who isn’t afraid to try new things.
- Set vision and product strategy – articulate the strategic intent, business value and customer value prop of the product to the organization.
- Develop insights – Own the process of customer, market and competitive analysis to produce insights for the product and new product features. Ensure that the customer’s needs are built into the product development.
- Define requirements – Define the necessary features and requirements to deliver a complete product to the market and ensure success. Responsible for articulating the “what” and working with a cross functional team to determine “how” and “when”.
- Manage releases – Own the releases of the product. This includes knowing when to (and when not to) create a master release of the product, managing dependencies and features across releases and managing release phases with milestones.
- Take the product to market – Drive the product forward and support a cross-functional team, including every function that helps bring the product to market. Marketing, sales, engineering, success, partners & support.
- Deep appreciation for the Customer mindset. Proven ability to think Customer-first.
- Successful track record in building strategies and solutions to meet Customer needs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Management or Masters Business Administration.
PM 190 Product Business Manager
Location: Iowa City, IA
The Product Manager owns the management of assigned product categories and the development and execution of business strategies. Understands changing market and drives portfolio initiatives to address customer and market needs. Works within the organization to drive an agile development methodology and align processes, resources, and systems to achieve targeted results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and execution of the strategic plan, including product assortment and positioning, product design and development, sales promotion and marketing, distribution and pricing strategies, and financial and budget accountability.
- Understands market opportunities through analysis of market trends, obtaining end user, dealer, and field sales input, and conducting market and competitive research.
- Works with project engineering teams, procurement, and operations through product development process, costing, investment, testing, and implementation to deliver business objectives/results.
- Leads presell activities such as customer presentations, ramp up forecasts, and sales training.
Education Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, Business or related field preferred. Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive relevant experience.
- Product Management experience, demonstrated ability to lead strategic product development initiatives.
Skills and Abilities Required and/or Preferred
- Strong business acumen including market trends and analysis, and financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to get required results while working across functions and interacting with all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, engage, and retain talent.
- Proven strategic thinking ability including the ability to understand complex business data, summarize and communicate decision making recommendations.
- Proven customer and market focus.
- Ability to develop and implement market-back business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with changing priorities and meet deadlines with high quality results.
PM 189 VP of Product Management
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Strategic, cross-functional role. Looks after the business of product management. Keeps things on track and provides order and structure.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications
- SaaS Experience
- Experience with Large Brands and/or Manufacturing
- Product Management
- People Management
- Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five+ years of related experience
Four key competencies: Team Development, Product Vision, Execution, and Product Culture.
- Develop a strong team of product owners and designers
- Define and Drive vision for product strategy
- Execute the vision and product concept
- Create plans for instilling product culture in the company
Responsible for, either directly or indirectly through subordinates
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on prospects and customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains product management results by orienting and training employees.
- Maintains product management job results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
PM 188 Software Product Manager
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Our client is looking for an experienced software product leader to help shape and drive the roadmap across a growing product suite through a user-centered philosophy, constant experimentation, measuring everything, and a knack for identifying opportunities to innovate. Their mission is to make world-class marketing easy for everyone. Today their visual marketing tool helps over 200,000 brands, businesses, and influencers get results on Pinterest and Instagram.
Your responsibility will be to ensure that their platform realizes its full potential in the long-term: becoming a standard in every marketer’s toolkit by reaching and empowering as many as possible.
- Experienced: You’ve built and launched an app or product of your own – or – have at least two years of professional product management experience
- Empathic: You’re obsessed with customers — understand how they think, their problems, and you can predict how changes will make them feel
- Oklahoma City-based
- Growth focused: You’ve scaled products to serve thousands or millions of people, ideally through forming viral communities
- Community builder: You innately understand why people share information and connect with each other
- Inspiring: You paint pictures of the future that excites team members and customers
- Crave customer delight: You’re enthusiastic about building products that people love and make a meaningful difference in their lives, while being able to articulately explain what makes certain experiences incredible, setting them apart from the rest
- Intuitive: You have a knack for blending data and intuition to uncover about what customers’ an audience needs and to conceptualize novel solutions
- Unafraid of gathering data: When there are data gaps, you’re comfortable designing research programs and talking with customers to inform decisions
- Natural leader: You’re able to earn the respect of world-class engineers and designers through influence, not direct authority
- Technical: You understand technical concepts, consider them in decisions, and have at least a little hobbyist programming experience. (Bonus points for a CS degree and experience in software development.)
- Domain knowledge: You have strong opinions — well informed, but loosely held — on digital marketing, social media, and developer tools
- Coachable: You absorb data and feedback easily to improve and adapt quickly
About Our Client
- They are all owners (literally): They take responsibility, don’t pass blame, and don’t rest until the problem is solved
- They are growing quickly: Over 100% year-over-year, and profitable
- They care deeply about customers and build their product to actually makes their lives better, which is why their churn is close to 0% and their average NPS score is a 9
- They set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
PM 186 Director of Product
Location: Nashville, TN
The Director of Product will have primary responsibility for our client’s product ideation and creation, leading a small team of product resources responsible for the suite of products.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Strategy, the Director/Senior has primary responsibility for developing and executing against a product roadmap that balances market viability, cost, and timing.
This position requires software product ownership experience as well as the ability to work through every part of the organization as an ambassador for our client’s products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the product from stem to stern, including UI / UX, functionality, consumer-grade benchmarking, impact (user and employer), competitive differentiation, roadmap, etc.
- Manage a team of Product Managers/Specialists and UX Designers to form a Product team that becomes the center point for all product development decision making and ownership – from strategy to execution.
- Desire to continuously grow as a Product leader and grow a Product team.
- Develop deep interactions with the SVP of Technology and the Development and Data teams to understand technical feasibility, direction, and costs, and to establish the Product team as a critical component of the Development workflow.
- Create and own the Product Roadmap. This includes intaking and validating all possible product enhancements and innovations from multiple stakeholders – customer, sales, marketing, development, data, etc. – as well as prioritizing this work using a quantifiable system.
- Develop a business case for each new product / product variant. Make decisions based on data rather than opinions.
- Leverage data to drive Product Development focus – specifically, use value and cost data to develop a system for prioritizing the roadmap and the associated tangible pieces of work that comprise the product backlog.
- Gather and incorporate competitive analysis / sales intel into product strategy.
- Analyze product line costs, profitability and sales success to ensure that the portfolio is balanced and to recommend future direction.
- Relentless drive and push to advance our solution to a benchmark user UI / UX (not just in comparison to healthcare tools)
- Innate sense and talent for the 80 / 20….continual improvement of product look and functionality based on this awareness
- Demonstrate the ability to understand root problems users are facing in order to challenge proposed solutions and prioritize guidance shared by stakeholders – even if those stakeholders are in Senior Leadership or prominent customers.
- As the Product leader, you will defend the product and company vision, while also being a sponge for all internal and user feedback.
- Investigate customer needs in a hands-on way; work closely with Client Services, attend customer meetings, assist with sales demos, talk to at-risk customers, implement alpha features, develop user feedback mechanisms, etc.
- Investigate end user needs in innovative ways – leverage engagement and utilization data, develop methods of receiving direct feedback, leverage customer relationships to talk to end users, etc.
- Report concise, factual feedback on the status of the portfolio of products and roadmap initiatives to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing to develop go-to-market strategies optimized for adoption and engagement.
- Lead solution(s) through the commercialization process through collaboration with Implementation, Technical Support, Sales, and Marketing.
- Think around corners and work closely across the teams to ensure product hits the mark, on time and on scope, and delivers the intended impact / product fit
You Must Possess
- Expertise in building a data-driven approach and discipline to product strategy, prioritization and development
- Leadership and management experience
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs
- Aptitude in leading teams through direct management – as well as through cross- functional influence and coalition building
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required with the ability to explain advanced concepts to audiences of varying levels
- Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view
- Capacity to challenge current thinking and bring others along to implement new ideas to improve business results
- 5 + years on a software product team.
- 3 + years of experience in managing direct reports.
- 3 + years assessing new business opportunities for a software product company.
- 3 + years of experience in reporting status to senior management.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Referral fee of $1,000 will be paid for any candidate currently not in the 280 Group candidate pool who is referred to the 280 Group for a full-time position that we have posted and accepts the position if offered from our client. Referral fee will be paid when we receive our fee.