Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 202 Lead Product Manager (Head of Department)
Location: Cambridge, MA
Our client’s mission is to improve education at scale through technology. They have leading online SAT/ACT prep programs and want to continue growing fast in both technology and tutor enabled education products.
As they head of Product Management Product Manager, you’ll lead a full existing product line (department). You’ll be responsible for all aspects that feed into that product’s P&L, including optimizing marketing, product, sales, and continuing technical improvements. You’ll oversee growth of the entire product, including opening up new marketing channels, developing lifetime customer value, expanding our range of product variations, and improving the program itself.
You will determine which ongoing projects have highest returns (ROI), expand those, and propose creative new projects. You will translate these projects into budgets for your product line, and be responsible for implementing the projects. The implementation includes making hires and managing teams, as well as working with engineers, marketing experts and test content creators.
- Understand our client’s products fully, with a focus on how marketing, product, user experience, and sales impact the department’s profit and loss.
- Build and iteratively improve new marketing channels to reach new customers.
- Develop effective marketing materials that increase conversions and retention.
- Expand and propose projects with high ROI, and wind down projects with low ROI.
- Optimize current marketing and new marketing by learning Adwords, content marketing, SEO, and other channels.
- Optimize the current product by interfacing with engineers, tutors, and test content creators.
- Identify promising new features by interviewing customers, and develop and test high-value improvements to our products.
Ideal candidate has:
- Experience being responsible for P&L (e.g. running a department, running a startup or side-project with positive cashflow)
- Understanding of a broad array of marketing channels, including researching whether a channel is appropriate for a product, starting up new channels, and using tracking/metrics to prove positive ROI of a marketing channel
- Experience with SEO, content marketing, and Adwords
- Distinctive problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a strong desire to get things done and focus on the big picture
PM 201 Director of Product Management
Location: New York City, NY
Our client is pioneering a new company that will solve a fundamental need of a global target market, through innovations using state of the art technologies across multiple domains, including computer vision and AI.
Founded in May 2017, this startup is positioned to make a major impact thanks to a novel approach (technologically and operationally), strong funding and a leadership team of veteran entrepreneurs and operators with a proven track record of founding and establishing successful high-tech enterprises that have created outstanding value for shareholders (both team- members and investors) as well as for customers.
Their highest priority is completing the team that develops the new technology and affiliated products and services; as well as building and refining processes and capabilities in preparation for imminent launch and market expansion.
They are seeking results-oriented, collaborative, energetic, innovative team-members who bring a positive mind-set and passionate focus. They seek individuals who are inspired by the prospect of developing and providing a new technology and service that will ultimately benefit hundreds of millions of people around the world, and who are also driven by the personal growth and the financial rewards of a start-up experience.
Technology: At the foundation of their technology is the real-time processing of very large amounts of data at unparalleled scale. Our innovations will draw on advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI), Computer Vision, Native Language Understanding and Machine Learning augmenting the above. They are also innovating in the area of user experience as their goal is for users/customers not only to benefit from but to enjoy interacting with their product and services.
At this time, we are not at liberty to publicly reference additional key technologies that will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
Our client is a global company with HQ in New York and offices in New Jersey, Tel Aviv, and Boston.
- Develop product strategy vision and roadmaps, inclusive of outlining and building short, medium and long-term features to achieve the vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product
- Work closely with engineering, product design, program management and other relevant stakeholders to deliver products to market
- Work with team leadership to understand the customer and their needs and concerns as well as define solutions
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution from partner teams
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, design or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on Product Management experience in the consumer technology space B2C or B2B2C
- 4+ years of experience with native mobile-first products
- 2+ years of experience working with a product or service that include physical operations (e.g., package delivery, services delivered by people, etc)
- 4+ years of experience working cross functionally (product design, engineering, QA) under an agile software development cycle
- Experience with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
- Experience with scalable platform tools at the global level (global CRM, global CS tools, global billing management portals, etc.)
- Experienced in secure, cloud-based, B2C products
- Experience building product and services that upheld SLAs in mission critical use cases
- Statistics background- highly desirable.
- Technical savvy
- Strong experience managing remote stakeholders, inclusive of remote engineering teams (experience working with Israel development teams a strong plus)
- 2+ years of experience as a direct manager of product managers is desirable
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English
- Comfort working in a high paced, ambiguous start up environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level and across teams
- Candidate must be highly self-motivated, product-focused, and set high quality work standards
- Willingness to travel internationally every few months as required by business
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with experience using data and metrics to back up hypothesis and develop business cases
- Product Sense: Exhibit the ability to understand people problems and outline solutions by building products, 360 approaches to problem definitions, logical framework to prioritize features within solutions, define product success/metrics, empathize w/ users, define target user characteristics
- Product Execution: exhibit the ability to do the actual day to day product work of running sprint, writing user stories, diagnosing product performance problems, running focused processes/meetings, ability to problem solve on blockers Leadership and drive: ability to influence a cross-functional team, manage conflict resolution, drive the pace of the organization based on thoughtful plans and effort
PM 200 Director, Product Marketing
Location: Seattle, New York, Dallas, or Chicago
Our client provides cloud services for enterprise workloads in the public cloud. They are recognized by Amazon Web Services as a Premier Partner and an audited and approved Managed Service Provider for their outstanding client experiences, depth and breadth of their products and services, and their ability to scale to meet client demand. They also hold the Microsoft Workload Competency and are a Gold Azure Microsoft Partner. With over 200,000 instances under management monthly, operating in 14 worldwide regions and supporting clients in 196 countries, they are the largest cloud-native service provider.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Product Marketing leader to join a fast paced, growth stage business that is accelerating its well-regarded leadership position in a game-changing industry. The role will report directly to the EVP, Product and will be responsible for crafting compelling narratives for our client’s services and products for sales, marketing, and delivery teams. You will also play a key role in making decisions that inform their roadmap, influence future strategy, and ultimately drive our client’s go-to-market approach. In short, a successful candidate will have a huge impact.
We are looking for someone who enjoys variety, thrives on molding ambiguity into meaningful action, brings energy and team-oriented enthusiasm to their work, and has demonstrated experience in building successful product marketing organizations that deliver clear positioning, strong value propositions, and top line revenue growth. This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to contribute and grow in an environment surrounded by smart, driven, and fun people; while having a tremendous impact on company strategic direction, brand promise, culture, and company-wide execution that brings the right outcomes for our client and their clients. A successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, hands-on person with a strong product marketing background who enjoys solving both big and small problems, distilling information insight into clear and tangible value propositions, and crafting meaningful offerings and marketing activities that accelerate sales success and delivery of our brand promise.
The ideal candidate is someone who…
- Is interested and capable of operating as an individual contributor initially (i.e. be hands-on) and then leading the product marketing organization as it grows over-time
- Has an entrepreneur spirit and a “made a big difference” track record with heads-up product marketing strategy supported by great execution
- Has a firm grasp of the enterprise cloud landscape including AWS and Azure – GCP is a nice to have
- Deeply understands the professional services and managed services market, and how to build and market these service offerings
- Is data driven with great instincts – someone who searches out opportunities that give our client an edge
- Is a great story teller who can create compelling narratives supporting their services strategy
- Has experience working with ISV partner channel programs to drive co-marketed services
- Enjoys working in a rapid growth environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
- Is a natural leader who thrives on bringing clarity, focus, and action to new and existing issues
- Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
- Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
- Brings an innovation mindset and is a fanatical about differentiation
- Is a world class communicator across every facet of the organization
- Has excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with an insane attention to detail
- Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
- Is selfless, thinks team first, and has a relentless drive to “win”
- Is able to thrive in a remote work environment (depending on location)
- Has 8+ years of product marketing experience in B2B technology, preferably in SaaS
- Has 3+ years’ experience building and leading a team of individual contributors and managers
- Develop and refine product marketing strategies with clear positioning and strong value proposition(s)
- Oversee the development and execution of launch plans for new product initiatives, working closely with product management, marketing & sales
- Partner with marketing leaders in content, demand generation, events, communications, brand design and product education to ensure unified marketing execution
- Support external press and analyst relations activity
- Perform competitive market analysis
- Work closely with product development, sales, and services to define market requirements and guide development on what capabilities to incorporate (build and/or buy) into services portfolio
- Train others on the value proposition of our services and solutions to the sales and partner teams
- Develop collateral, content, sales decks, and other sales toolkits to support successful selling directly and with partners as needed
- Work with the executive team on key accounts to ensure client satisfaction and profitability metrics are achieved when necessary
- Partner with executives to drive business KPIs that will help our client scale effectively
PM 199 Sr. Manager, Product Management
Location: Atlanta, GA
Our client is looking for a Sr. Manager, Product Management. In this role you will be responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on assessing market needs and inspiring cross-functional product teams to find the fastest way to achieve value around those needs. You will focus on guiding and executing the delivery of business value to drive sales, improve efficiency and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality products. Within their designated enterprise product line, Sr. Managers work closely with teams of developers, designers and business partners. They guide in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization and support cross-functional product teams.
In this role, you will lead the strategy to deliver quality products that add value. The Sr. Manager is skilled and experienced in generating innovative ideas for growth within their respective areas and across the Product Management organization. You must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive change management and process improvement.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
40% – Strategy & Planning:
- Looks across product teams and feature sets with a focus on alignment and dependencies
- Sets the overall product vision and strategies for the enterprise product thorough an understanding of customer and associate needs, both existing and potential, to provide retail customers and associates with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Applies domain expertise to provide thought leadership and translate vision into action to drive business growth
- Collaborates across the enterprise to create alignment between products to provide a seamless user experience
- Understands financial and business impact of proposed product updates and activities within portfolio; prioritizes updates to support the enterprise roadmap; and allocates funding across the products
- Identifies goals, metrics and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of the product and its individual features, and makes recommendations and refinements to the product based on learnings
- Contributes to and makes recommendations for strategic plans of the key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
- Participates in and influences development of enterprise technology roadmaps
- Supports and nurtures strategic vendor relationships; recommends ways to influence vendors that align to domain, portfolio, and enterprise strategic objectives
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- Drives product development by reviewing performance and directing work efforts of product teams to ensure products are aligned with company, stakeholder and end-user priorities
- Documents, reviews and validates to meet quality and change control standards
- Understands enterprise goals and KPIs to deliver value against them
- Resolves issues within or across product teams that may impair teams from delivery of a quality product in order to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Receives and prioritizes incoming requests from business partners and stakeholders balanced against business strategy, product vision and user needs
- Provides guidance on design of products while balancing dependencies and integration with other products across the enterprise
- Reviews and analyzes product metrics to inform strategic and tactical product decisions
- Makes suggestions to drive operational excellence, create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics
30% – People:
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to Product Managers
- Attracts, retains and develops top talent to build a world class Product Management Team
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, UX, etc.) to drive value, identify and resolve impediments
- Is an advocate of modern software development practices
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by associating with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs
- Works with the product team to assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps
- Manages cross-functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute product strategy
- Educates requestors to determine priority based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
- Guides junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis and execution tasks
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of working as a Product Manager in a modern software development-based enterprise environment and overseeing multiple products
- Mastery of modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies, specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development and continuous deployment
- Mastery of working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Proficiency in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Mastery of working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories
- Proficiency in conducting user research and testing to understand needs
- Mastery of identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value
- Proficiency in conducting competitive research and analysis
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through Product Management fundamentals in a professional setting
- Proficiency in managing and growing team members in a professional setting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process and people-related organizational dynamics
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
PM 198 Senior Product Manager
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Seeking Amazing Senior Product Manager
Do you have a passion for great Product Management? Would you like to help transform Product Management at some of the world’s leading companies? And along the way would you like to help make Product Managers dramatically more effective while enjoying their job? If so, read on.
280 Group, the world’s leading Product Management Consulting and Training firm, is looking for a hands-on Senior Product Manager to bring our next generation of products and services to market. We’ll expect you to be an amazing Product Manager (and we’ve met a few) with a broad set of skills. Within 280 Group you’ll be the voice of the customer – representing the Product Management community worldwide. You’ll apply your knowledge, research and experiences to create and update products that further extend our lead in the market and maintain our sustainable competitive advantage.
You must be proficient in the skills required across the entire product lifecycle using classic, Agile, and Lean methods. You must have shipped multiple products that delighted customers and stole the market from your competitors. You must be a fantastic writer and communicator. And you have to be good enough to inspire a team of the best Product Management folks in the world with your ideas.
- Conduct market, concept, customer, and competitive research
- Set product strategy and develop multi-year roadmaps
- Develop new training courses – in person and online, consulting offerings, books, templates and other new innovative types of products and services
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Operations and ensure their input is incorporated into new products
- Develop and ship breakthrough new products rapidly
- Deliver products using repeatable systems and in-depth train the trainer so that other 280 Group consultants catch on quickly.
- Deliver product management training and consultancy projects (we will bring you up to speed in this area)
- Create thought leadership content and products that are untouchable
- At LEAST five – ten years of hand-on Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Technical background: know your way around data and metrics at a minimum
- Multiple Product Management Certifications (AIPMM CPM preferred)
- Ability to create products for both individual PM’s and PM executives using standard Microsoft tools
- Great at listening deeply and translating what you hear into solutions
- Be the best team player we want to work and have fun with
About 280 Group
- World’s leading Product Management and Product Marketing consulting and training firm
- Growing rapidly – repeatedly made the Inc. 5k fastest growing companies list the last few years
- The BEST culture you will ever work in
- Great benefits
- Competitive pay
- The chance to make a real difference for the Product Management profession worldwide
PM 197 Product Line Manager, Connectivity Products, Fiber Cable Assemblies
Location: San Jose, CA or Somerset, NJ
This is an opportunity to expand and grow our client’s business in the Telecommunication and Datacenter Networking markets. In this role you will be a business leader responsible for all aspects of the lifecycle of a product line including the definition, roadmap, P&L, growth, and market share goals over its projected lifetime.
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate product development to meet customer and market needs, fill product gaps and generate new product ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of pricing plans, demand forecasting, and product life cycle strategies
- Provide direction in the creation of product promotion plans, technical ordering guides, web-based catalogs, and user documentation
- Achieve product market share goals by working with customer account management to develop product sales strategies
- Develop product and market roadmaps to facilitate continued success of your product line
- Facilitate inventory turnover, product availability, and lead-time adherence by working with operations to review and adjust inventory levels and production schedules
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Be a leader for your product line providing vision, direction, and motivation to operations, engineering, field applications, customer service, and sales
- Become the subject matter expert for your product line
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent; MBA is preferred
- Highly developed analytic and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to understand technical products and customer applications
- 3+ years in a Product Management role, managing all aspects of a successful product line through its lifecycle
- Knowledge of Fiber Optics is highly desirable
- Previous Telecommunications, Datacenter, or other Data Communications experience a plus
- 10%-25% travel is anticipated for this position
PM 195 Director of Corporate Marketing
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Our client powers the local digital presence of thousands of locations all over the world using the industry’s fastest growing multi-location technology for brands and franchises.
Their easy to use, scalable tools help brands build beautiful, local websites for all their locations in a single interface – using digital marketing and local intelligence to drive online traffic and capture market share.
- Responsible for strategy and execution of overarching corporate marketing initiatives, while managing a team of 3 or more, and collaborating cross departmentally
- Collaborate with Sales on new opportunities driving revenue growth by providing marketing and sales collateral demonstrating our client’s full range of services
- Manage brand identity, developing all brand materials and website to ensure consistency across the company
- Lead go-to-market strategy and messaging, while assisting product and sales with market differentiation and value proposition
- Oversee lead generation and prospect engagement through inbound marketing efforts, such as email, video, webinars, and thought leadership
- Work with team and PR firm to expand brand awareness on a local and national scale, with the goal of using increased exposure to engage prospects and drive sales leads
- Develop industry-leading thought leadership materials to position our client as a leader in the multi-location / franchise space, including overseeing and contributing to content calendars, blog articles, white papers, videos, and social content
- Collaborate across departments to increase marketing message consistency and provide supporting materials where needed
- Manage PowerChord.com and all international localization materials
- Responsible for evaluating ROI on initiatives and using data to determine effective marketing strategies for nurturing prospects through the sales funnel
- Plan our client’s biennial Digital Summit, including managing a budget of $200K, coordinating event logistics, content organization, speaker recruitment, and client outreach
- 4+ years of brand marketing, design, and copywriting experience
- Strong cross-team collaboration and communication to guarantee brand consistency, streamline brand value, and support various teams
- Large Brand or Agency experience a plus
- Effectively able to prioritize projects and workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proactive approach to tackling projects and addressing marketing and creative needs
- Organized, detail oriented, efficient, and assertive
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, Zoom Info or similar data provider, WordPress, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, and Social channels
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com