Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Know someone who is a match for one of our position? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 185 Director of Product Marketing
Location: Durham, NC
This is the perfect opportunity to join a fast-growing company with disruptive technology. This role is ideal for an experienced cross functional executive seeking a dynamic role in leading the creation of new market entry strategies, partnerships and defining and developing new product offerings. Reporting to the CMO, you will be responsible for the full end-to-end strategy creation and ultimate market entry success by understanding customer requirements, evolving go to market strategy, creating product definition, and leveraging both internal and external teams toward successful commercial results.
You are expected to be an independent thinker with a strong team spirit to work closely with a team of engineers, business managers, and project managers to effectively develop and execute the product roadmap plan. You will glean insights from personal experience, sales team & customer interactions, independent research, and industry experience to guide the product roadmap. Close collaboration with internal and external engineering/supply chain team will be essential for you to develop and deliver quality product and drive market acceptance either directly or through the appropriate go to market channels and partners.
- Serve as the central conductor to further define, prioritize, and gain consensus on investment and engineering resources through linking these opportunities with the chartered product roadmap.
- Create resulting proposals, joint development agreements, and other business structures that enable our client to capitalize on our unique solid-state technology. This will be in support of executive and sales leaders where market coverage already exists, or independently in new market segments and opportunities.
- Conduct market intelligence: market size, growth rate, key drivers, VOC & segmentation to define short-term and long-range strategic plan for the product line and identify key priorities. Synthesize data into key trends, insights to develop business cases for new solutions.
- Effectively prioritizes initiatives through the use of ROI and business case; works with key leaders in the business and Marketing functions to develop and regularly maintain prioritization of new products.
- Own the development and execution of the product roadmap, prioritizing the most attractive market verticals and segments, product features, build consensus, and coordinating product development schedules with a team of project managers and engineers to create high-quality products.
- Be a champion for documentation management processes to manage product requirements & change approvals through the product engineering teams.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process by translating requirements from external client groups to internal teams including engineering, marketing, business development, and management.
- Responsible for vertical specific Demand Creation campaigns and deployment plan including all activities contained in the plan
- 8-10 years in vertical marketing, product management, business development or other applicable Marketing or Sales roles, preferably with 7+ years in B2B Marketing roles in complex business environments with an emphasis on strategy required.
- Understanding of marketing strategy, marketing planning, and the infrastructure and tools necessary to support these activities.
- A background in marketing components integrated into other products.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, degrees in marketing and business will also be entertained. M.B.A. preferred or equivalent business experience.
Customer, prospect and partner meetings, team meetings, industry events and conferences: ~25%
- Excellent organization and communication skills to engage with all levels of the organization. Listens carefully and encourages/accepts other points of view.
- Results-oriented and self-starting with a high level of personal initiative and an attitude of continuous improvement. Equally comfortable and willing to engage from the most basic level of grass roots market engagement, working with shop owners and maintenance technicians, up through leading fortune 500 executive and strategic level engagements.
- Strategic Orientation: Ability to engage in broad, complex, analytical and conceptual thinking; thorough functional understanding of the corporate market functions, planning and strategy.
- Maturity: Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Identifies problems, answers questions, gain cooperation of others.
- Problem Solving Skills: Strategic and innovative thinking with ability to translate data into insights.
- Collaborative & Influential: Develops effective working relationships with peers, managers, and senior management within and across organizational lines. Works effectively and cooperatively with customers and vendors.
- Management of Resources: Is well organized and focuses on the highest priorities first. Strong project management skills.
- Technical Skills: Experience in technology, systems, and/or manufacturing (durables) or other B to B industries or working with technology and/or data-related products and services preferred. Should understand the basic concepts of technology and/or product development process and delivery.
PM 184 Vice President, Digital Product Owner, Small Business Platform
Location: Chicago, IL or Philadelphia, PA
Our client has a $550M+ portfolio of high-volume low-touch, technology enabled specialty products that rely on customer engagement through direct, sponsored, and independent agent channels. One of the highest performing branches of their business is looking for a Vice President to own the entire digital portfolio of technology products.
They build a unique, digitally-enabled customer-centric insurance offering for small businesses (<50 employees) distributed through meaningful partnerships.
As a seasoned Product Manager & Business Leader you will steer the overall direction of this new business platform. The primary role of this leader will be to define all aspects of the new business offering including the platform, and to lead cross-functional teams to deliver successful new-partner launches.
Reporting to the President of this global/strategic business unit, you will play a central role in the development and rollout of a new business opportunity to provide insurance/risk solutions to Small Business owners. You will set the direction on all aspects of the new business platform offering, and will have ownership to lead a cross-functional team that will develop, test, measure, and continuously improve a new digital asset in partnership with carrier and small business service partners.
With support from a Scrum Master, the team will utilize Agile / lean start-up methodology and other innovation best practices to anchor solution development in solid understanding of customer needs and accelerate speed to learning and market. Ultimately, this role will have ownership and accountability for the successful rollout of this new business platform.
- Own the end-to-end business platform strategy from inception
- Set ambitious and clear platform (“Product”) vision and communicate ‘the story’ effectively to key stakeholders and the rest of the team
- Drive a highly cross functional team that would include insurance underwriters, analysts, CX, UI, Data, and potential Technology Partners
- Influence a diverse group of stakeholders; strong leadership skills
- With support from a Scrum Master reporting into this role, build, manage, and continuously improve a backlog of product features, i.e. write user stories and acceptance criteria together with his/her work-cell team
- Ensure customer-driven design considering user pain points & usability test results, while using market & industry knowledge to deliver a well-positioned product
- Be the final approver of features and provide valuable feedback for the team
- Drive sprint and release plans together with development team
- Exercise strong decision-making mandate from executive group to own product end to end
- Work with IT Architects to build a modular and reusable solution
- Build a scalable, replicable business platform to take to other sponsors
- Accountability for the success of the business platform/offering
Core Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum, an MBA would be a plus
- 3+ years’ experience as a digital Product Owner, ideally in financial services
- Knowledge of financial technology space, ideally insuretech, including key players, industry trends and best practices
- Impeccable tact to drive cross-functional teams effectively, from problem solving to decision making
- Strong understanding of product lifecycle and agile development methods
- Track record of increasing responsibility / scope of impact
- Solid knowledge of small business space and user demands and pain points to be able to create a high value product vision
- Comfortable with technology/IT to be able to engage in discussion with tech team to understand risks
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story
- Sufficient gravitas to galvanize the team and make real time decisions
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas – loves and embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team
- Not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn – pushes the team to do the same
- Experimental mindset to drive innovation
- Prior experience in a start-up environment a plus
PM 183 Senior Platform Product Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Our client designs and markets popular solutions and services used by their enterprise customers nationwide. Their value is delivered via a SaaS model and through live customer interaction. They are a leader in their space worldwide.
Our client believes that the role of Product Management is to deliver measurable business results through product solutions that meet both market needs and company goals. Their Product Managers (PMs) at are owners and drivers in their agile process.
As a Platform Product Manager you work with Engineering and Marketing to innovate and enhance their technology platform through data-driven detailed specifications that meet their platform goals, driving and delivering API and platform strategy.
- Identify issues and opportunities from technical and non-technical partners and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate to develop the business case for these and be part of the global prioritization process
- Identify platform and architectural enhancements and leverage in-depth experience of technology to execute initiatives and reduce technical debt
- Translate product ideas into detailed, clear requirements and user-stories that can be used to create product specifications, architecture, and marketing collateral for each feature
- Be informed of industry trends – developer tools, virtualization, containers, etc.
- Act as Scrum/Agile Product Owner for your areas including: proactively building and maintaining well-groomed, estimated and detailed backlog; working closely with UX/Dev/QA during the sprint cycle through standups, new feature testing, production rollout, etc.; ensure external rollout of features/products are fully integrated with stakeholder organizations including Sales/Marketing/Support/Documentation/Fulfillment/billing, etc.
- Work with product marketing to communicate feature releases and deliver products to market.
- Serve as the product subject matter expert and evangelist
- Experience with SaaS and RESTful API-based services
- Ability to “speak API” in both partner-friendly and developer-friendly ways
- Ability to easily communicate with engineers about various aspects of a SaaS system, including API strategy and definition, SSO and other authorization/identity management solutions, integrations, e-commerce, etc.
- Managed several large projects, from gathering requirements to delivery, involving a variety of stakeholders – especially projects with significant dependencies on other providers
- Critical eye for and previous experience in designing a significant user experience
- Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions
- Possess excellent communication and persuasion skills and have demonstrated success in building buy-in for your strategic vision
- 5-7 years of product management experience in a SaaS B2B context
- Experience in Batch and Async support in frameworks
- Experience with mobile, particularly mobile-first apps
- Deep understanding of API platforms, integrations, SSO, e-commerce platforms
- Technical background – A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with applications with artificial intelligence and/or machine learning technologies
PM 182 Product Manager
Location: Albany, NY
Our client is a global “Fortune 500” technology leader. They are looking for a Product Manager to be responsible for a defined product line, including: product line global growth, product definition, forecasting, profitability, commercialization and product life cycle management. Work to meet these responsibilities includes coordination of tactical and strategic business activities with Sales, Service, Research & Development Engineers, Manufacturing, Quality, Customers, and Business Partners.
The Product Manager maintains expertise on relevant products and technologies through training, research, and proactive industry immersion. Using this expertise, ensures competitiveness of product line and designs multi-dimensional marketing campaigns to drive product line growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures a product line that is healthy by employing a “portfolio view”: growing the product line in attractive areas, while minimizing personal and business effort on lesser attractive portions of the portfolio, resulting in profitable growth in the short and long terms.
- Leads a cross functional matrix team of manufacturing engineers, design engineers, quality associates, and purchasing to deliver PPV, VAVE, quality, OTD, first pass yield, obsolescence, and NPD targets for the product line.
- Develops a global product marketing roadmap that is the vision for sustaining the health of the portfolio, including target technologies, markets, price, positioning & competitive differentiation. Roadmap is to include strategic obsolescence and product exits.
- Justifies and wins internal support for roadmap priorities.
- Creates & provides technical and sales training for the product line to Field Sales and Service Organizations as well as Distributors and outside customers.
- Conducts on-going VOC and competitive analysis, generating selling tools that enabling company to differentiate the product line to our target customers.
- Leads new product commercialization, including launch and sales / customer training. Also responsible for product promotion plan including trade shows, product literature plan, product training plan and product distribution plan.
- Coordinates with global sales, service, manufacturing, quality, customers and standards (regulatory) organizations all tactical and strategic actions necessary for product portfolio health.
- Determines product pricing and recommend pricing policies based on established gross margin objectives and preparation of plans for margin improvement where necessary.
- Prepares competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for all new and existing products. Supports sales organization with competitive share take strategies and up to date market intelligence.
- Drives problem solving and voice of the customer to assure strong positioning and product line growth. Assess customer experience and process technical support data collaboratively with development, product planning, sales and other internal personnel. Actively reviews product line performance on a regular basis and countermeasures misses for all value stream targets.
- 5-7 years of industry and / or product line management experience required; 2-3 years of global product marketing experience, including New Product Introduction (NPI) Development and Execution strongly preferred.
- A fundamental understanding of electronics, especially electronic sensing and control technologies.
- Knowledge of process manufacturing environments and application of appropriate standards & regulations preferred.
- Ability & desire to work with customers, translating needs into products and solutions is a must; experience with Outcome Driven Innovation / Voice of Customer techniques preferred
- Demonstrated Ability to work effectively across functions (engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, sales, service)
- Formal training in pricing, leadership influence and forecasting desired
- Candidates with international experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written) a must.
- Willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
PM 178 Product Manager/Marketing Manager
Location: Danvers, MA
Our client is looking for a Product Manager. In this role, you will be highly involved in helping define and implement the strategic direction for product in North America. He/she will lead their customer segmentation and Voice-of-Customer (VOC) initiatives to identify market insights/trends and turn them into new product commercialization opportunities that support their strategic objectives. This role will also be responsible for actively managing the product portfolio, implementing pricing initiatives, identifying and developing marketing and sales tools to maximize the effectiveness of their sales team, and working with other key functional areas to achieve growth targets.
- Employ marketing best practices such as VOC, customer segmentation, product portfolio management, competitive positioning, market assessment, pricing, and new product development.
- Define, structure and execute VOC initiatives to identify market needs and opportunities that result in a strong product road map for their business.
- Obtain deep understanding of markets to define target customer segments. Position both current and new products to address needs of target market segments.
- Create business cases for new product opportunities, work with cross-function teams via the stage-gate process to take these opportunities from concept to commercialization. Successfully launch new products to deliver on NPI metrics.
- Analyze market trends/opportunities and manage product life cycle to recommend product portfolio changes and improvements.
- Devise value proposition across the different segments, and train commercial team and channel partners to effectively deliver value proposition.
- Maintain competitor/market information up-to-date to support strategic planning and business development.
- Develop, expand and maintain Market Maps to understand relevant industries and competitors, and recommend initiatives to drive competitive differentiation.
- Develop and execute product training and support to sales, customer service, technical support, distributors and customers to drive growth.
- Define and manage creation of marketing content and collaterals for both print and digital platforms.
- Devise and create marketing campaigns to drive lead generation and conversion, lead nurturing, and brand awareness.
- Manage trade shows to maximize booth traffic and manage lead capture on site; support channel partners on trade shows with marketing collateral and product positioning.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
- Utilize the ITW Toolbox (80/20, PLS, MRD, USa) to drive successful penetration in market segments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field from four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in B2B business. Specialty Chemical industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering business growth in a Marketing Manager or Product Manager role.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and able to make strategic and operational decisions.
- Ability to read, interpret and write technical documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with the popular Microsoft products, proficient in MS Office.
- Domestic travel required – typically ~25%.
- The successful candidate must be creative, intellectually curious and have a strong work ethic. The individual must be an independent thinker and self-starter with the bandwidth to multitask and work on several projects at a given time. It is important that the individual have superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Danvers.
- Ability to analyze complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Structured, organized individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks and quickly grasp complicated situations. Attention to detail is important.
PM 175 Product Owner
Location: Ft. Worth/Dallas Area, TX
The Product Owner will be responsible for owning the process leading to the delivery of specific products or product lines throughout the product life cycle to optimize profit and meet client expectations, marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. They will work closely with a Product Manager to translate high-level strategic decisions into actionable and understandable deliverables for development, quality assurance and customer service to create new products, or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Gather business requirements from a variety of sources, such as customers, account Owners, and sales. Document, elaborate on and work with business leadership to prioritize these requirements as part of the overall product roadmap.
- Own product backlog keeping at least 3 months of work ready for development
- Serve as subject matter expert in relevant product domains assisting with customer UAT, defect triage and mitigation efforts
- Partner with stakeholders to define minimum viable product
- Inspect, accept or reject completed development work
- Communicate work in progress and upcoming work to key internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with software development to build great solutions for existing and potential customers
- Develop an understanding of the target market and user bases which will then guide decisions on product backlog and prioritization
- Contribute to the business cases created by project managers as necessary to justify proposed solutions and business investments
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and customer trends to ensure AudaExplore’s solutions stay ahead of the market
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to define cross-product strategy within Claims platform
- Conduct customer, market, and competitive analysis to identify industry trends, market gaps and unmet customer needs
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Beta Analyst experience in software product development environment
- Ability to support Agile Scrum methodologies or waterfall methodologies
- Experience in a role with strong requirements elicitation (Business Analyst, Technical Product Manager, consultant, etc.), and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Experience with customer support and bug tracking
- A minimum of three to five years of related experience in software development.
- Experience with auto physical damage claims highly desired.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably with a major in business, marketing, economics, computer science or a related field.
- Experience and proficiency with business management tools JIRA, Aha, and MS suite.
PM 174 Senior Product Manager
Location: Ft. Worth/Dallas Area, TX
Our client is a global leader in digital technologies with a workforce of over 5000 and an entrepreneurial culture of success.
- Product Strategy: Analyze market to develop product strategy. Includes (market sizing, competitive analysis, customer value proposition development, etc.)
- Roadmap development and execution: Develop product roadmap to effectively deliver strategy. Ensure execution of roadmap through development, product launch, delivered results and tracking.
- Industry/Product Expert: Be an expert on the product and market. Provide expertise to sales, customers, executives and others through product demos, documents/videos, presentations etc.
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with multiple local and global stakeholders to ensure we deliver differentiated and innovative solutions that maximize the value delivered to our clients and partners.
- Effectively document, prioritize and communicate market, business and customer needs in tight collaboration with the design, engineering, support and sales teams, to maximize our output and competitiveness.
- Chart the direction of the existing product lines as well as determine the strategy for new solutions, potentially even entering new markets
- Minimum of 3 years software Product Management experience with proven results
- Agile product management and/or agile coaching training/experience
- Experience working within an enterprise environment but entrepreneurial teams and mindset
- Experience with B2B service models & interactions
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related technical field. MBA/MS a plus
- Capable of assisting in driving the development and delivery of solution strategy including end to end designs and business requirements within an agile development framework, reinforcing focus on defensible and quantifiable delivery of business value
- Track record of delivering product innovations leveraging customer feedback, deployment experience, competitive positioning, and market thought leadership
- Track record of building out strategic and tactical product roadmaps from the ground up
- Ability to partner with the business to produce revenue plans, product pricing, product positioning
- Able to work closely with users, engineering, support and commercial teams to oversee and participate in user experience testing and product feedback sessions to capture key feedback that feeds product development
- Demonstrated success working with engineering teams to plan, develop, refine, and launch successful software products on-time and with high quality
- Ability to take complex business and technical problems and distill them down to actionable responses for mitigation and resolution by both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience building and executing product go-to-market launch plans, partnering with sales, marketing and support for execution.
- Analytical capabilities to track, monitor and quantify solutions usage and delivered value
- Professionally presentable, well-spoken and articulate for the delivery of internal and external product presentations
- Quantifiable value proposition and value-based pricing experience
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
*Referral fee of $1,000 will be paid for any candidate currently not in the 280 Group candidate pool who is referred to the 280 Group for a full-time position that we have posted and accepts the position if offered from our client. Referral fee will be paid when we receive our fee.