Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 211 Director of Product
Location: San Jose, CA
Be a Champion for our client’s products! In this role, you will be responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product process; gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and customer support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
In this role, you will ensure that our client’s product and marketing efforts support their overall strategy and goals. Their Director of Product is also responsible for understanding and clearly communicating the product business case.
- Delivering product strategy and roadmap.
- Delivering MRDs with priorities and corresponding justifications.
- Being an expert in respect to the competition.
- Developing core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Performing product demos and train demo team.
- Setting pricing to maximize profitability.
- Delivering a monthly revenue forecast.
- Developing sales tools and collateral.
- Proposing and owning product management/marketing budget to ensure success.
- Briefing and training sales team on products at least quarterly.
- Delivering products to the market that addresses a market need and represents a viable business opportunity.
- Building the product team to support the company’s strategic goals.
- Acting as a hands-on Product Manager while also assuming management responsibilities until the team is fully built and high functioning.
- Managing Application Engineers and grow their technical skills and opportunities within the product team.
- Managing Product Leadership Team, a multi-departmental group that focuses on constantly improving product development, innovation, and risk management.
- Working cross-functionally with sales, order management, engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Building a collaborative cross-functional team with a strong sense of ownership and alignment with the products.
- Having a strong relationship with engineering.
- 8+ years Product Management experience or equivalent, including at least 2+ years of managing a team of PMs.
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching manufactured products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
- Subject matter expertise in the Mountz market. This should include specific industry or technical knowledge.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strong business expertise and acumen.
- Operational ability – strong communication skills internally and with external customers/partners.
- Global product management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree engineering preferred. (MBA preferred)
- Open to travel and visit customer sites.
- Experience working at a company $75M+ annual revenue.
- Leading strong, clear meetings and executive level presentations.
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective process, requirements, outbound marketing document delivered in the past.
PM 210 Senior Product Manager
Our client is a leading innovator of Composite Risk & Compliance solutions. Proven in some of the largest US Financial Institutions, Government Intelligence Agencies, and Health Care organizations, their award-winning platform delivers real-time analytics, case management and dynamic dashboard technologies for proactive risk management. They are currently working on bringing Web 3.0 to the enterprise through Social Enterprise Technology (SET). They are looking for creative and innovative product managers that are ready to revolutionize enterprise solutions.
- Responsible for delivering one or more product(s) to enterprise markets
- Creating PRDs, MRDs, use cases, storyboards, product roadmap, presentations, white papers
- Work with sales marketing to promote Social Enterprise Technology and enabling Solutions
- Spend 70% of the time in tactical activities primarily in product definition. The remaining 30% will be spent on managing product Roadmap, tracking Product releases, and creating sales/marketing collaterals
- Interacting with sales, marketing, engineering, and QA teams within the company and with its customers/partners
- Responsible for product delivery commitments and does not carry any revenue targets
- Creativity and Innovative thinking are the most important requirements
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience in Product Management of Enterprise Products/Applications
- Prior hands-on experience in understanding customer/market needs, defining the product roadmap, product requirements, product specification, delivering products to sales, marketing, and customers.
- Strong end-user perspective
- Self-Starter with an ability to define new products and solutions from scratch working with customers and partners
- Self-motivated and believes in getting things done
- A sharp mind with good Analytical skills, and quick thinking on your feet
- Passion for working for high-growth organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with consulting channel partners is a plus
- Business analysis, consulting or pre-sales experience would be a plus
- Product Management experience in BPM, Enterprise Portal, BI, Enterprise Risk Management, Rapid Application Development applications is plus
PM 208 Product Management Executive
Our client is a positive impact organization that is on a mission to influence the lives of students through leadership and success training. Would you like to come to work each day knowing that you are using your talents to help others and better the world? Are you inspired by the thought of positively impacting hundreds of thousands of students? Are you ready to work in an organization that is rapidly growing and embraces change?
As the head of Product Management, you’ll join our Client’s Executive Team with full P&L responsibility for our new subscription product line, targeted to be a key revenue source. Because our client is a 70-person mission-driven organization, you’ll also ensure direct results by pitching in, project managing, and executing as necessary to ensure results. An ethos of “roll up your sleeves and get it done” is shared by all.
- You have an instinctual knack and love of the art of persuasion, with a demonstrated ability to influence stake-holders at all levels.
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred.
- You are a leader and a manager. You instinctively see what needs to be done and can map out who and how it can be done effectively within the given competencies of your team and available resources.
- You have had been responsible for full P&L of a product basket.
- You have experience with hands-on management of products from beginning to end of their life cycle.
- Proficient in products sold with a strong focus on leveraging digital/informational marketing tools to sell to consumers. (ex: websites, web optimization, e-marketing)
- You have the ability to hold a strong point of view, combined with a flexible and open mind that accepts input and adapts gracefully.
- You’re grounded and unflappable, flexible, and dependable.
- You possess an inquisitive, active and incredibly quick and sharp mind that grasps both what is being said, while being able to detect the nuances of what is being shared between the lines or behind the scenes. You’re good at drawing out what needs to be seen or heard and then integrating it into plans and workflow.
- You have a high emotional IQ and can navigate complex human dynamics with grace and ease.
- You’re an exceptional listener, who listens, comprehends, negotiates, and loves a back and forth that ultimately creates something better than where you all started.
- You have a can-do, get it done, let’s make it happen, “bootstrap it if necessary” mentality. You’re good at delegation but you can also get it done as you quickly build and grow your team across time.
- Experience with high-volume, low-cost subscription products preferred.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on ROI. You think about the resources available and the way to maximize them. You likely have a parking lot of best practices and good ideas that you will fold into workflow across time as you grow the team.
- You have a love of optimization and continual improvement. You frequently ask, “What can be seen in the data and in the results, and how could it be made better?” You then act, observe, repeat.
- You have a holistic mind that looks at the whole puzzle as well as the individual pieces. You see how all the pieces can best fit together so there is flow and congruence across all platforms (which coincidentally makes the marketing and sale of the given program or product easier).
- You are a natural at strategy – how do we do X and Y now such that it not only generates immediate results, but also sets up step Z for later. You also find opportunities that serve multiple goals – not just better ROI, but also in ways that drive new product introduction.
- You have a gifted mind for details, planning, workflow, systems, and process.
- You have a strong interest in personal growth and development – you’ve taken courses, read books, created regular practices, etc. to expand, improve, and refine yourself.
- You are mission-driven and have purposefully found ways to make a difference, give back, and contribute through your work or personally.
- Although not an engineer, you appreciate the value of data analytics and optimization.
- Oversee the Product Management function and large team of product management professionals
- Determine and track KPIs for the product management team
- Build and deploy company’s subscription product solutions
- Use data and reports to make evidence-based decisions
- Assess new business opportunities for generating revenue
- Plan, organize, and lead new product development
- Develop new ideas for invitation testing to increase response rate
- Manage teams, projects, resources, outside vendors, consultants, and other consultants
- Adeptly lead crisis response as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in marketing
- 5+ years of experience managing a product management team
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Passion for innovation with the ability to initiate ideas and lead initiatives from inception
- Ability to assist with the communications efforts across various teams
- Organized and efficient, with strong prioritization skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage many projects concurrently
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently with a high degree of initiative and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with management, team members, outside vendors, and collaborators
- Ability to manage and prioritize product management activities, perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, think strategically, and meet deadlines in a timely manner while maintaining professionalism and product quality
- Experience managing high-volume, low-cost products sold B2C that are in an industry that monetizes information to solve customer problems