Looking to hire a full-time employee?
Learn about our Product Management Recruiting Service
Looking for a full-time opportunity?
The 280 Group recruiting team is working with our clients to identify exceptional candidates for the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, email your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
Know someone who is a match for one of our positions? We offer a $1,000 referral fee.*
(PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Current Job Postings
We will email you when we post new jobs.
Sign Up for Our Jobs List
PM 209 Director, Product Management
Location: Oak Brook, IL
This position includes management of multiple product management teams. A successful incumbent is expected to:
- Develop, communicate and implement the business unit product and service strategy, delivering through both the direct team and supporting functional teams; deliver brand strategy, product portfolio management, integrated marketing planning, pricing strategies and directing the efforts of the core products marketing team
- Drive the product team to achieve and surpass company sales, profitability, and business goals and objectives; lead the product team to implement annual and multi-year operating plans which are aligned to overall CGI business objectives (Revenue, GP, OI, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Innovation)
- Manage P&L across multiple product portfolios with Business Unit leaders, driving profitability, volume growth and market share, as well as best in class execution of product and services; own achievement of average net sales price and gross margin, recommending and implementing pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails to extract maximum value on new and existing products; drive best in case user experience across portfolios
- Ensure product portfolio vision and roadmap align with business unit(s) strategy; emphasis should be on fast-paced new product development and releases with both hardware and software focus; ensure that the broad organization understands priorities and goals
- Own the strategy for brand, products, and channels across multiple product portfolios; partner with cross-functional leaders to develop go-to-market strategies (e.g. channel pricing strategies, program terms, channel map designs) and ensure achievement of product line objectives; guide end-to-end operational plans to grow and scale the business
- Ensure the Product team has the necessary processes and procedures in place to manage the quality, cost, and delivery of products; identify areas for improvement and ensure team takes action when corrections are needed
- Lead cross-functional collaboration to develop and deliver connected services required for product portfolio; drive the implementation and sustaining of the end-user connected experience, including uncovering real-time consumer insights, driving user experience requirements, creating business cases and winning value propositions
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to develop clear after-sales and service strategies across multiple product portfolios
- Advise and assist senior leaders in developing key go-to-market partnerships, including inorganic activities (M&A, licensing, connected service integrations) to support the BU product line growth and connectivity strategy
- Interface with analysts, media/PR outlets, key industry conferences in order to educate customers, partners and end-users about our vision, strategy and new product innovations; represent the company with major customers, competitors, trade associations, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups
- Protect CGI’s reputation by keeping information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team by attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining team members
- Drive the performance management and compensation processes by communicating job expectations, monitoring and evaluating performance, providing feedback and facilitating employee development per the company’s policies
- Maintain transparent communication by appropriately communicating organization information to team through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, appropriate email, IM and regular interpersonal communications
- Lead and motivate individuals and teams to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the CGI mission, vision, and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field
- 8-10 years in marketing and/or product management; experience managing product portfolio with multiple categories
- Ability to work in Matrix and Agile environment
- Able to travel up to 25% – domestically and internationally
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Prior experience managing hardware and software offerings; experience with P&L management
- Comfortable interacting with highly technical development teams
PM 208 Product Management Executive
Our client is a positive impact organization that is on a mission to influence the lives of students through leadership and success training. Would you like to come to work each day knowing that you are using your talents to help others and better the world? Are you inspired by the thought of positively impacting hundreds of thousands of students? Are you ready to work in an organization that is rapidly growing and embraces change?
As the head of Product Management, you’ll join our Client’s Executive Team with full P&L responsibility for our new subscription product line, targeted to be a key revenue source. Because our client is a 70-person mission-driven organization, you’ll also ensure direct results by pitching in, project managing, and executing as necessary to ensure results. An ethos of “roll up your sleeves and get it done” is shared by all.
- You have an instinctual knack and love of the art of persuasion, with a demonstrated ability to influence stake-holders at all levels.
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred.
- You are a leader and a manager. You instinctively see what needs to be done and can map out who and how it can be done effectively within the given competencies of your team and available resources.
- You have had been responsible for full P&L of a product basket.
- You have experience with hands-on management of products from beginning to end of their life cycle.
- Proficient in products sold with a strong focus on leveraging digital/informational marketing tools to sell to consumers. (ex: websites, web optimization, e-marketing)
- You have the ability to hold a strong point of view, combined with a flexible and open mind that accepts input and adapts gracefully.
- You’re grounded and unflappable, flexible, and dependable.
- You possess an inquisitive, active and incredibly quick and sharp mind that grasps both what is being said, while being able to detect the nuances of what is being shared between the lines or behind the scenes. You’re good at drawing out what needs to be seen or heard and then integrating it into plans and workflow.
- You have a high emotional IQ and can navigate complex human dynamics with grace and ease.
- You’re an exceptional listener, who listens, comprehends, negotiates, and loves a back and forth that ultimately creates something better than where you all started.
- You have a can-do, get it done, let’s make it happen, “bootstrap it if necessary” mentality. You’re good at delegation but you can also get it done as you quickly build and grow your team across time.
- Experience with high-volume, low-cost subscription products preferred.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on ROI. You think about the resources available and the way to maximize them. You likely have a parking lot of best practices and good ideas that you will fold into workflow across time as you grow the team.
- You have a love of optimization and continual improvement. You frequently ask, “What can be seen in the data and in the results, and how could it be made better?” You then act, observe, repeat.
- You have a holistic mind that looks at the whole puzzle as well as the individual pieces. You see how all the pieces can best fit together so there is flow and congruence across all platforms (which coincidentally makes the marketing and sale of the given program or product easier).
- You are a natural at strategy – how do we do X and Y now such that it not only generates immediate results, but also sets up step Z for later. You also find opportunities that serve multiple goals – not just better ROI, but also in ways that drive new product introduction.
- You have a gifted mind for details, planning, workflow, systems, and process.
- You have a strong interest in personal growth and development – you’ve taken courses, read books, created regular practices, etc. to expand, improve, and refine yourself.
- You are mission-driven and have purposefully found ways to make a difference, give back, and contribute through your work or personally.
- Although not an engineer, you appreciate the value of data analytics and optimization.
- Oversee the Product Management function and large team of product management professionals
- Determine and track KPIs for the product management team
- Build and deploy company’s subscription product solutions
- Use data and reports to make evidence-based decisions
- Assess new business opportunities for generating revenue
- Plan, organize, and lead new product development
- Develop new ideas for invitation testing to increase response rate
- Manage teams, projects, resources, outside vendors, consultants, and other consultants
- Adeptly lead crisis response as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in marketing
- 5+ years of experience managing a product management team
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Passion for innovation with the ability to initiate ideas and lead initiatives from inception
- Ability to assist with the communications efforts across various teams
- Organized and efficient, with strong prioritization skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage many projects concurrently
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently with a high degree of initiative and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with management, team members, outside vendors, and collaborators
- Ability to manage and prioritize product management activities, perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, think strategically, and meet deadlines in a timely manner while maintaining professionalism and product quality
- Experience managing high-volume, low-cost products sold B2C that are in an industry that monetizes information to solve customer problems
PM 207 Product Manager, Internal Analytics
Our client is an agile, fast growing company with over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by their billing software. Their mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today they are at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every month.
Our client’s analytics team continues to expand aggressively. Building ongoing personal relationships between stores and their customers is one of their core values our product delivers. Data is the most powerful way to help stores understand the habits and behaviors of its users, predict growth patterns, and recommend the best ways to scale. Your focus will be synthesizing and delivering data products that meet these goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience working at the intersection of product and analytics and the ability to disambiguate problems, lead cross-functional initiatives, and deliver insights to influence business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Create new data products to help stores understand their customers, and rapidly scale their business.
- Work closely with our most active Analytics users to drive impactful solutions.
- Create key project and requirement documents to enable activation of critical data sources, outlining methodology, roadmap, milestones, blockers.
- Run multiple concurrent initiatives with separate stakeholders simultaneously; Serve as a data source owner and primary point of contact for product, analytics, and engineering.
- Enable internal stakeholders to perform analysis and share insights.
- Find ways to move data projects forward while ensuring consistent deliverables that meet quality standards.
- Lead teams in story writing, backlog maintenance, prioritization and planning.
- Help define the future of Analytics as the product evolves
- Grow into a subject matter expert
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of product management experience in fast-paced environments
- 3+ years of analytics experience; building and designing analytics products
- SQL master and experience with big data analytics
- Ability to influence product and team direction and take ownership of outcomes
- Strong analysis, process, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- A strong attention to detail; i.e. How do null values impact reporting?
- Strategic mindset with the ability to plan for the future while focusing on execution today
- Experience with user stories, sprints, and agile development methodologies
- Experience working with data models, reporting and visualization tools
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau, D3, Highcharts, Looker desired
- Experience with business intelligence pipelines and data warehousing solutions a plus
- Experience with Snowflake, Matillion, Redshift, BigQuery, Hadoop, Kafka a plus
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
PM 206 Product Manager
Our client is an agile, fast-growing company with over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by their billing software. Their mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today they are at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every month.
Our client is rapidly expanding their platform. Their third-party integrations are key to their long-term strategy to provide highly customized solutions for their most demanding merchants.
As Product Manager you will be the key strategic and tactical link to ensure your engineering team delivers a world-class e-commerce product. You will work with new and existing partners to add and evolve their technology for the ultimate benefit of the merchants.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Work with existing and new 3rd party integration partners to add and evolve their integrations into our client’s software.
- Dive into technical details with partner engineering teams and drive technical solutions.
- Write epics and detailed user stories for the engineering, QA, and design teams to fully understand the scope of functionality and business drivers, so they can estimate and deliver in a timely manner with high quality.
- Facilitate and work in sprints with daily stand-ups, weekly grooming and planning sessions.
- Prioritize features and define requirements for successful delivery.
- Grow into a subject matter expert.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast-paced technology-driven company (preferably SaaS)
- Near code level technical proficiency with modern APIs
- Strategic experience with API clients and integrators
- 3+ year’s experience working directly with software engineering teams to build product
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- Motivated by finding ways to use process to produce results (not as an end unto itself)
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don’t need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience