Free Requirements Prioritization Matrix and Roadmap Templates
The feature prioritization matrix (Excel file) and roadmap templates allow you to capture and prioritize feature requests and build out an effective and well-thought out product roadmap. Read our previous post about creating product roadmaps: How to Create Compelling Product Roadmaps | Tips and Best Practices for Success.
The Feature Prioritization Matrix Is Included In Our Free Resources
Download All Of Our Free Resources Here
- The Feature Prioritization Matrix lets you rank features within a product against your business criteria to make trade-off decisions and build consensus.
- The “Matrix Example” worksheet provides an illustration of how to fill out the prioritization matrix for a fictitious software company.
- Switch to the “Blank Matrix” to start creating your own feature prioritization
- Assign a weight for each criteria in cells E13 through L13 (make sure they add up to 100.) Build consensus with all stakeholders
- Enter the details for each Application, Major Feature, Feature Set, or Service on its own line.
- Assign a priority for each criteria for each application/feature (0 to 5.) These ranking must be defensible
- When finished adding and prioritizing all applications/features, sort results by selecting all filled in rows starting at column B15 to column M39
- Then sort the data in descending order based on column M (Total score)
- You now have a prioritized and ranked list of applications and features to work with your engineering and other teams to determine where the cutoff line should be.