Are you a Product Manager who keeps falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls?
Here’s a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. (I find that 5″ x 5″ is a good size.)
2. Divide the square into columns and rows – five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
3. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* strategic fit
* core competencies
* best practice
* bottom line
* to tell you the truth (or “the truth is”)
* out of the loop
* think outside the box
* fast track
* empower (or empowerment)
* knowledge base
* at the end of the day
* touch base
* client focused
* game plan
* outside the box
* follow up
4. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
5. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout “BULLSHIT!”
Testimonials from product management “Bullshit Bingo” players:
“I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won.” – Adam, Atlanta
“My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically.”- David, Florida
“What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win.” – Dan, New York City
“The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box.” – Ben, Denver
“The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed ‘BULLSHIT!’ for the third time in two hours.” – Mitch, Tampa
“When I won and yelled “BULLSHIT!” the woman sleeping next to me slid off her chair!” – Joseph, Los Angeles