Our Product Management Methodology and Process
The foundation of our training and consulting practice is the 280 Group Optimal Product Process™, a modern and flexible Product Management methodology that meets today’s Product Management and Product Marketing challenges.
Download the Optimal Product Process Book
Our Methodology is Built on Experience
Our Product Management methodology was created by our team of consultants and trainers with over 150 years of combined Product Management and Product Marketing experience. It is a comprehensive Product Management framework that covers everything a company or team needs to create products that delight customers and maximize revenues. The Optimal Product Process™ is designed to be flexible and customizable. It can be used with any development methodology, including Agile and Waterfall/Phase-Gate.
The benefits of the 280 Group Optimal Product Process include:
- Covers all phases of the product lifecycle
- Supports and builds on an industry standards
- Has corresponding vendor-neutral certifications
- Can be completely customized for any company and development methodology
- Provides for continuous improvement of Product Management and Product Marketing functions
- Leverages work and skills across teams as well as companies and industries
- Effective Product Management Methodology contributes to healthy organizations, high quality products, profitable businesses and high customer satisfaction.
- Higher profits, better products and long-term competitive advantage are the result of implementing excellent Product Management process.
- Well-trained Product Managers and Product Marketing Managers have the opportunity to become a company’s next generation of business leaders as they advance in their careers.
“In an ideal world, every organization would embrace Product Management and Product Marketing as a critical strategic driver to win in the marketplace.”Brian Lawley, 280 Group CEO and Founder