Master core Agile skills and become an Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner
- Learn Core Skills Become more effective, gain credibility, and enjoy your work more with our training.
- Get CertifiedProve your mastery and advance your career by earning a worldwide-standard Agile certification.
- Be Great at What You DoUse your new skills, confidence, and credibility to deliver great results in record time.
Course Info - What's Covered
The Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam teaches you all the core skills necessary to be successful in organizations doing Agile development. In this course you’ll learn how Product Managers and Product Owners can effectively work together as well as with their engineering teams. You’ll learn the foundations of Scrum as well as other Agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean and Hybrid processes. The online course includes 7 learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study materials and a comprehensive practice exam to help you learn, review and retain the material.
The course covers all the material from our in-person training, Agile for Product Managers and Product Owners™. Once you have completed the online course and exam preparation materials you will be ready to take the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner® (ACPMPO) exam administered by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) to earn the prestigious and highly-respected credential. This worldwide-standard certification covers all the content found in Product Owner certifications plus Agile Product Management and team leadership skills.
- Beginner to Advanced
- Agile and Scrum core concepts including key skills, strategies, tactics and terminology
- Product Manager and Product Owner roles and objectives within Agile teams
- Product Management strategies and leadership skills to help you become a true product leader
- All information necessary to pass the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam
10 – 15 Hours – Average time to complete the online course, exercises and study for the exam
Online Course – Self-paced learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises and practice exams
Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – 2 chances to take the exam within 1 year of purchase
$1,495 – Includes certification exam ($395) and AIPMM membership ($125 required to take the exam)
Paying for our training course out of pocket? Your expense may be tax deductible. Review our FAQ page for more information and consult with a tax advisor or specialist.
Who This Course Is For
- Product Managers who want to learn Agile and Product Owner skills
- Product Owners who want to learn Agile Product Management and team leadership skills
- Students who want to become Product Managers or Product Owners
- Organizations that want to optimize their Agile teams and pilot the course prior to private custom training
What You Will Learn
The Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course includes seven online learning modules plus exam preparation materials. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required when working with Agile development teams. Each activity that Product Managers and Product Owners are responsible for is covered in-depth. Throughout the course there are quizzes, interactive exercises, study guides and a comprehensive practice exam to help you retain the material and prepare for certification. The course contains everything you need to get up to speed quickly, master the core Agile skills and get certified.
Review and Exam Preparation Materials
- Quizzes following each topic to reinforce learning
- Exercises to solidify skills
- Student worksheets
- Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner Practice Exam to ensure you are ready to take and pass the actual exam
- Preparing for the certification exam (video and notes)
- Learn core skills and concepts needed to be successful with Agile and Scrum
- Understand the roles within Agile and how teams can effectively work together
- Master the foundations of Scrum and other Agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean and Hybrid
- Apply strategy to products and decision making to ensure products win in the market long-term
- Gain best practices for Product Managers and Product Owners
- Align and lead Agile teams towards goals/objectives
- Prepare for the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam
This course covers all the Scrum and Product Owner concepts in common Product Owner-only certifications (such as CSPO) and provides additional content to make you more effective:
- How to integrate business strategy and Product Management into your Agile process to drive successful products
- Product Owner strategies for every phase of the Product Lifecycle
- How to influence and lead your Agile teams
- Agile methodologies beyond Scrum such as Kanban, Lean and Hybrid
7 Online Learning Modules
1. Achieving Competitive Advantage with Agile
- Why Agile Works
- Agile Benefits and Principles
2. Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum Teams
- Anatomy of a Sprint
- Sprint Goals and Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review, Retrospective and Termination
3. Foundations of Product Ownership
- Release Management and Planning
- Story Mapping
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Creating a Product Vision and Roadmap
4. Setting Up for Success
- Product Lifecycle Strategies for Agile
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Organizing Around Agile
5. Shared Understanding with Documentation
- Understanding User Stories
- Writing User Stories
- Role of Other Documentation
6. Optimizing Value Delivery
7. Practical Product Leadership
- Becoming a Product Leader
- Influencing and Aligning Teams
Samples from the Course
What’s Included With This Course?
Agile for Product Managers and Product Owners™ – Online Course
Professionally designed online course that includes six hours of instructional videos plus quizzes, interactive exercises to teach you the core skills of Agile
Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Study Materials
Study guides, a glossary of Agile terms and a comprehensive practice exam to prepare you for the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam
Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Exam ($395 value)
Two chances to take and pass the exam within one year of purchase
AIPMM Membership ($125 value)
One-year AIPMM membership required to take the exam
Digital Certificate – Course Completion and Certification
Display the digital certificate on your LinkedIn profile, email signatures and print it out to hang in your office
Agile Excellence for Product Managers eBook
The course was inspired by and is based on the best-selling book, Agile Excellence for Product Managers, written by Greg Cohen of 280 Group.
Download the first two chapters of Agile Excellence for Product Managers!
Hear From Students
Why Agile Product Management
and Product Owner Certification?
Having a worldwide-standard AIPMM certification proves your competence and gives you a clear competitive edge in your career. AIPMM developed this certification because of the rapid increase in Agile development (69% of companies are now doing at least some Agile) and the overlap between the roles of Product Manager and Product Owner (In companies doing Agile, 70% perform aspects of both roles)1. Earning the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Agile. Displaying the certification credential on your LinkedIn profile, email signature and hanging in your office showcases that you stand out and have deep knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of Agile Certification:
- Increase your skill set, effectiveness and credibility
- Differentiate yourself by proving your domain mastery
- Demonstrate that you truly understand Agile at a deep level
- Increase your career opportunities and differentiate yourself in the Agile market
- Increase credibility within your organization, with your team and your executives
1. Data from 280 Group Challenges in Product Management Survey Results
This credential provides independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Agile.
Agile Certified Product
Manager and Product Owner
AIPMM is the world’s largest Product Management association, with members in 75 countries around the globe. Formed in 1998, AIPMM certifications are the “Gold Standard” in the industry and are the most widely recognized and respected.
AIPMM Certifications are the industry standard because they:
- Prove that recipients have thorough knowledge and mastery of the topic and skills
- Cover both theoretical and practical Agile concepts, principles and terminology
- Are highly-credible because the exam was developed and is administered by AIPMM as an independent, training vendor-neutral entity
- Cross industry barriers so that they are valuable even if Product Managers and Product
- Owners switch to new markets and industries
- Set the standard with proven methods and processes drawing from a variety of best practices, frameworks and methodologies