|Skill Level||Beginner to Advanced|
|Topics Covered||- Product Management core concepts including key skills, strategies, tactics and terminology needed to manage any product at any phase of the Product Lifecycle
- Optimal Product Process™ seven-phase framework covering the full Product Lifecycle
- All information necessary to pass the Certified Product Manager exam
|Time Commitment||15 - 20 Hours - Average time to complete the online course, exercises and study for the exam|
|Course Format||Online Course - Self-paced learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises and practice exams|
|Certification Exam||Certified Product Manager - 2 chances to take the exam within 1 year of purchase|
|Price (USD)||$1,495 - Includes $395 certification exam, $125 AIPMM membership (required to take the exam) and $99 Product Management LifeCycle Toolkit|
Who This Course Is For
- New and mid-level Product Managers who want to learn core skills and best practices
- Experienced Product Managers who want to refresh their knowledge and expand their skill set
- Students who want to become Product Managers and learn about the profession, core skills and get certified
- Organizations that want to optimize their Product Management function and pilot the course prior to private custom training
- Learn to effectively manage any product at any stage in the Product Lifecycle
- Gain the core skills and learn the corresponding concepts to be a highly-effective Product Manager for the rest of your career
- Obtain a deep understanding of how great companies do Product Management
- Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Product Manager exam
What You Will Learn
The Certified Product Manager – Online Course includes 18 online learning modules split into two sections. The first section teaches the flexible and comprehensive 280 Group Optimal Product Process™. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required to manage products effectively. Each phase of the framework and the tasks for both Product Management and Product Marketing are covered in-depth. Included are corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework and the Product Lifecycle. The second section then teaches you the remaining material necessary to pass the Certified Product Manager exam. Throughout the course there are quizzes, interactive exercises, a study guide and a comprehensive practice exam to help you retain the material and prepare for certification. The course contains everything you need to get up to speed quickly, master the core Product Management skills and get certified.
18 Online Learning Modules
|Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing - Online Course|
1. Intro to the Optimal Product Process
- Strategic Functions
- Key Product Management Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
2. Becoming a Strategic Product Manager
- Strategic Analysis
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Adoption
- Marketing Mix
- Concepts and Process
- Ideation Tools and Outputs
4. Plan: Market Research
- Definitions and Methods
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Analysis
5. Plan: Competitive Analysis
- Product and Company
6. Plan: Forecasting
- Intro and Methods
7. Plan: Pricing
- Strategies and Tactics
8. Plan: Market Strategy
- Brand and Positioning
|9. Plan: Requirements
- Market Needs
- Product Requirements
10. Plan: Roadmaps
- Strategic and Product
11. Plan: Business Case
- Market and Financials
- Working with Engineering
- Beta Programs
- Qualifying the Product
- Types of Product Launches
- Marketing Programs and Collateral
- Sales Enablement
- Product End of Life
Certified Product Manager - Online Study Materials
17. Seven Phase Product Lifecycle
18. Goods and Services
Review and Exam Preparation Materials
- Quizzes following each topic to reinforce learning
- Exercises to solidify skills
- Concept review test for the Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing section
- Certification study guide
- Certified Product Manager Practice Exam to ensure you are ready to take and pass the actual exam
Samples From The Course
What’s Included With This Course?
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing™ – Online Course
The first section of the online course includes over eight and a half hours of instructional videos plus quizzes, interactive exercises and a review test to teach you the core skills of Product Management and the Product Lifecycle.
Certified Product Manager – Online Study Materials
The second section of the online course includes additional learning modules, a study guide and a comprehensive practice exam to prepare you for the Certified Product Manager exam.
Certified Product Manager – Online Exam ($395 value)
Two chances to take and pass the exam within one year of purchase.
Product Management LifeCycle Toolkit™ ($99 value)
A single user license to our template collection containing the nine core documents that the Optimal Product Process is built on.
AIPMM Membership ($125 value)
One-year AIPMM membership required to take the exam.
Digital Certificate – Course Completion and Certification
Display the digital certificate on your LinkedIn profile, email signatures and print it out to hang in your office.
Hear From Students
Online Course and Exam Stats:
I wish all of our Product Managers would go through this training. It would have us all speaking the same language and understanding the same processes.
Taking the course was like completing a mini-MBA but focused entirely on Product Management and the Product Lifecycle.
Even with over 10 years of experience in Product Management and Product Marketing Management I still managed to learn quite a few new things. I expect the course will help to better frame activities and processes I use on a daily basis.
Senior Product Manager
The Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam prepared me for the certification exam, both from a knowledge and comfort standpoint, while also providing me with new tools and techniques I could immediately apply to my Product Manager role within my organization
Revenue Cycle Product Manager
Having had no formal training in Product Management, this course was both an eye-opener and a relief. I gained insight into tools and techniques my team and I can use to be successful Product Managers.
Senior Manager, Product Management
Why Product Management Certification?
Having a worldwide-standard AIPMM certification proves your competence and gives you a clear competitive edge in your Product Management career. Earning the Certified Product Manager credential demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Product Management. Displaying the certification credential on your LinkedIn profile, email signature and hanging in your office showcases that you stand out and have deep knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of Product Management Certification:
- Increase your skill set, effectiveness and credibility
- Differentiate yourself by proving your professional domain mastery
- Demonstrate you truly understand Product Management at a deep level
- Stand out from the crowd and accelerate your Product Management career
- Increase credibility within your organization, with your team and your executives
This credential provides independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Product Management.
AIPMM is the world’s largest Product Management association, with members in 75 countries around the globe. Formed in 1998, AIPMM certifications are the “Gold Standard” in the industry and are the most widely recognized and respected.
AIPMM Certifications are the industry standard because they:
- Prove that recipients have thorough knowledge and mastery of the topic and skills
- Cover both theoretical and practical Product Management concepts, principles and terminology as well as the thinking and skill set needed across the entire Product Lifecycle
- Are a worldwide-standard that is compliant with ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024:2012, the general requirements for bodies operating certification programs and the benchmark for quality
- Are highly-credible because the exam was developed and is administered by AIPMM as an independent, training vendor-neutral entity
- Cross industry barriers so that they are valuable even if Product Managers switch to new markets and industries
- Set the standard with proven methods and processes drawing from a variety of best practices, frameworks and methodologies
Ready to Master Core Product Management Skills and Get Certified?GET STARTED
How long do I get access to the online course?
You get access to the online course for one year and up to one year to take the AIPMM certification exam.
What devices does this online course work on?
This online course is best viewed on desktop or laptop computers with a fast and reliable internet connection. Materials may be reviewed on tablets or smartphones but there may be small formatting issues with the text.
Have further questions about the online course or certification?
Check out our online course and certification exam FAQ