Master core Product Management skills and become a Certified Product Manager
- Learn Core SkillsÂ Become more effective, gain credibility, and enjoy your work more with our training.
- Get CertifiedProve your mastery and advance your career by earning a worldwide-standard Product Management certification.
- Be Great at What You DoUse your new skills, confidence, and credibility to deliver great results in record time.
Course Options - How to Get Started
Buy The Online Course
The online course includes 18 learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study materials and a comprehensive practice exam to help you master the material and pass the worldwide-standard Certified Product Manager exam.
Add Virtual Instructor Review
Get certified â€“ fast.
NEW: Meet virtually for eight weeks with a group and instructor to ask questions and review the most important material. Sessions run once a week to keep you on track, review the online course and get you certified in just ten weeks. Add $1,000
Virtual Instructor Review for Teams
No travel. No days out.
NEW: Meet virtually for eight weeks with your team and instructor to ask questions and review the most important material. Sessions run once a week to keep teams on track, review the online course and create a plan to apply the learning at your company. Min. 5 people
Course Info - What's Covered
The Certified Product Manager â€“ Online Course and Exam teaches you all the core skills that are critical to be a highly-effective Product Manager. In this course youâ€™ll learn how to manage products through every phase of the Product Lifecycle to make them (and your career) more successful. The online course includes 18 learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study materials and a comprehensive practice exam to help you master the material and pass the worldwide-standard Certified Product Manager exam.
The first section of the course covers all of the material from our in-person training,Â Optimal Product Management and Product Marketingâ„˘. The second section teaches you the remaining material necessary to pass the exam. Once you have completed the online course and exam preparation materials you will be ready to take the Certified Product ManagerÂ®Â (CPM) exam administered by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) to earn the prestigious and highly-respected credential.
Who This Course Is For
- New and mid-level Product Managers who want to learn core skills and best practices
- Experienced Product Managers who want to refresh their knowledge and expand their skill set
- Students who want to become Product Managers and learn about the profession, core skills and get certified
- Organizations that want to optimize their Product Management function and pilot the course prior to private custom training
What You Will Learn
The Certified Product Manager â€“ Online Course includes 18 online learning modules split into two sections. The first section teaches the flexible and comprehensive 280 Group Optimal Product Process. Youâ€™ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required to manage products effectively. Each phase of the framework and the tasks for both Product Management and Product Marketing are covered in-depth. Included are corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework and the Product Lifecycle. The second section then teaches you the remaining material necessary to pass the Certified Product Manager exam. Throughout the course there are quizzes, interactive exercises, a study guide and a comprehensive practice exam to help you retain the material and prepare for certification. The course contains everything you need to get up to speed quickly, master the core Product Management skills and get certified.
18 Online Learning Modules
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing – Online Course
1. Intro to the Optimal Product Process
- Strategic Functions
- Key Product Management Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
2. Becoming a Strategic Product Manager
- Strategic Analysis
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Adoption
- Marketing Mix
- Concepts and Process
- Ideation Tools and Outputs
4. Plan: Market Research
- Definitions and Methods
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Analysis
5. Plan: Competitive Analysis
- Product and Company
6. Plan: Forecasting
- Intro and Methods
7. Plan: Pricing
- Strategies and Tactics
8. Plan: Market Strategy
- Brand and Positioning
9. Plan: Requirements
- Market Needs
- Product Requirements
10. Plan: Roadmaps
- Strategic and Product
11. Plan: Business Case
- Market and Financials
- Working with Engineering
- Beta Programs
- Qualifying the Product
- Types of Product Launches
- Marketing Programs and Collateral
- Sales Enablement
Product End of Life
Certified Product Manager – Online Study Materials
17. Seven Phase Product Lifecycle
18. Goods and Services
Samples From the Course
Whatâ€™s Included With This Course?
Hear From Students
Why Product Management Certification?
Having a worldwide-standard AIPMM certification proves your competence and gives you a clear competitive edge in your Product Management career. Earning the Certified Product Manager credential demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Product Management. Displaying the certification credential on your LinkedIn profile, email signature and hanging in your office showcases that you stand out and have deep knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of Product Management Certification:
- Increase your skill set, effectiveness and credibility
- Differentiate yourself by proving your professional domain mastery
- Demonstrate you truly understand Product Management at a deep level
- Stand out from the crowd and accelerate your Product Management career
- Increase credibility within your organization, with your team and your executives
This credential provides independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Product Management.
Certified ProductÂ ManagerÂ
AIPMM is the worldâ€™s largest Product Management association, with members in 75 countries around the globe. Formed in 1998, AIPMM certifications are the â€śGold Standardâ€ť in the industry and are the most widely recognized and respected.
AIPMM Certifications are the industry standard because they:
- Prove that recipients have thorough knowledge and mastery of the topic and skills
- Cover both theoretical and practical Product Management concepts, principles and terminology as well as the thinking and skill set needed across the entire Product Lifecycle
- Are a worldwide-standard that is compliant with ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024:2012, the general requirements for bodies operating certification programs and the benchmark for quality
- Are highly-credible because the exam was developed and is administered by AIPMM as an independent, training vendor-neutral entity
- Cross industry barriers so that they are valuable even if Product Managers switch to new markets and industries
- Set the standard with proven methods and processes drawing from a variety of best practices, frameworks and methodologies