Master core Product Marketing skills and become a Certified Product Marketing Manager
- Learn Core Skills Become more effective, gain credibility, and enjoy your work more with our training.
- Get CertifiedProve your mastery and advance your career by earning a worldwide-standard Product Marketing certification.
- Be Great at What You DoUse your new skills, confidence, and credibility to deliver great results in record time.
Course Info - What's Covered
The Certified Product Marketing Manager – Online Course and Exam teaches you all the core skills that a Product Marketing Manager needs in order to market products successfully throughout the Product Lifecycle. The online course includes 21 learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study materials and a comprehensive practice exam to help you master the material and pass the worldwide-standard Certified Product Marketing Manager exam.
The first section of the course covers all of the material from our in-person training, Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing™ The second section teaches you the remaining material necessary to pass the exam. Once you have completed the online course and exam preparation materials you will be ready to take the Certified Product Marketing Manager® (CPMM) exam administered by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) to earn the prestigious and highly-respected credential.
- Beginner to Advanced
- Product Marketing core concepts including key skills, strategies, tactics and terminology needed to manage any product at any phase of the Product Lifecycle
- Optimal Product Process™ seven-phase framework covering the full Product Lifecycle
- All information necessary to pass the Certified Product Marketing Manager exam
15 – 20 Hours – Average time to complete the online course, exercises and study for the exam
Online Course – Self-paced learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises and practice exams
Certified Product Marketing Manager – 2 chances to take the exam within 1 year of purchase
$1,495 – Includes certification exam ($395), AIPMM membership ($125 required for the exam) and Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit ($99)
Paying for our training course out of pocket? Your expense may be tax deductible. Review our FAQ page for more information and consult with a tax advisor or specialist.
Who This Course Is For
- New and mid-level Product Marketing Managers who want to learn core skills and best practices
- Experienced Product Marketing Managers wishing to expand their knowledge and fully master Product Marketing
- Students who want to become Product Marketing Managers and learn about the profession, core skills and get certified
- Organizations that want to optimize their Product Marketing function and pilot the course prior to private custom training
What You Will Learn
The Certified Product Marketing Manager – Online Course includes 21 online learning modules split into two sections. The first section teaches the flexible and comprehensive 280 Group Optimal Product Process. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required to manage products effectively. Each phase of the framework and the tasks for both Product Marketing and Product Management are covered in-depth. Included are corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework and the Product Lifecycle. The second section then teaches you the remaining material necessary to pass the Certified Product Marketing Manager exam. Throughout the course there are quizzes, interactive exercises. a study guide and a comprehensive practice exam to help you retain the material and prepare for certification. The course contains everything you need to get up to speed quickly, master the core Product Marketing skills and get certified.
Review and Exam Preparation Materials
- Quizzes following each topic to reinforce learning
- Exercises to solidify skills
- Concept review test for the Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing section
- Certification study guide
- Certified Product Marketing Manager Practice Exam to ensure you are ready to take and pass the actual exam
- Learn to effectively manage any product at any stage in the Product Lifecycle
- Gain the core skills and learn the corresponding concepts to be a highly-effective Product Marketing Manager for the rest of your career
- See how great companies do Product Marketing
- Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Product Marketing Manager exam
21 Online Learning Modules
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing – Online Course
1. Intro to the Optimal Product Process
- Strategic Functions
- Key Product Management Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
2. Becoming a Strategic Product Manager
- Strategic Analysis
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Adoption
- Marketing Mix
- Concepts and Process
- Ideation Tools and Outputs
4. Plan: Market Research
- Definitions and Methods
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Analysis
5. Plan: Competitive Analysis
- Product and Company
6. Plan: Forecasting
- Intro and Methods
7. Plan: Pricing
- Strategies and Tactics
8. Plan: Market Strategy
- Brand and Positioning
9. Plan: Requirements
- Market Needs
- Product Requirements
10. Plan: Roadmaps
- Strategic and Product
11. Plan: Business Case
- Market and Financials
- Working with Engineering
- Beta Programs
- Qualifying the Product
- Types of Product Launches
- Marketing Programs and Collateral
- Sales Enablement
- Product End of Life
Certified Product Marketing Manager – Online Study Materials
17. Seven Phase Product Lifecycle
18. Goods and Services
20. Buyer Behavior
21. Supply Chains and Distribution
Samples From the Course
What’s Included With This Course?
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing™ – Online Course
The first section of the online course includes over eight and a half hours of instructional videos plus quizzes, interactive exercises and a review test to teach you the core skills of Product Marketing and the Product Lifecycle.
Certified Product Marketing Manager – Online Study Materials
The second section of the online course includes additional learning modules, a study guide and a comprehensive practice exam to prepare you for the Certified Product Marketing Manager exam.
Certified Product Marketing Manager – Online Exam ($395 value)
Two chances to take and pass the exam within one year of purchase.
Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit™ ($99 value)
A single user license to our template collection containing the nine core documents that the Optimal Product Process is built on.
AIPMM Membership ($125 value)
One-year AIPMM membership required to take the exam.
Digital Certificate – Course Completion and Certification
Display the digital certificate on your LinkedIn profile, email signatures and print it out to hang in your office.
Hear From Students
Why Product Marketing Certification?
Getting certified is a way to show that you have truly mastered your trade. It increases your credibility and shows that you are dedicated to being great at what you do. Earning the Certified Product Marketing Manager credential demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Product Marketing. Displaying the certification credential on your LinkedIn profile, email signature and hanging in your office showcases that you stand out and have deep knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of Product Marketing Certification:
- Increase your skill set, effectiveness and credibility
- Differentiate yourself by proving your professional domain mastery
- Demonstrate you truly understand Product Marketing at a deep level
- Accelerate your Product Marketing career
- Gain additional credibility within your company and with your executives and team
This credential provides independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Product Marketing.
Certified Product Marketing Manager
Founded in 1998, AIPMM is the world’s largest Product Marketing association, with thousands of members in 75 countries around the globe. AIPMM’s certifications are ISO/ANSI compliant and are the most recognized and respected certifications available.
AIPMM Certifications are the industry standard because they:
- Cover practical and theoretical concepts, skills and terminology
- Are a worldwide-standard that is compliant with ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024:2012, the general requirements for bodies operating certification programs and the benchmark for quality
- Are highly-credible – the exam is administered by AIPMM as a neutral third party independent of the training vendor
- Show mastery of skill that can be used in any industry
- Set the standard with proven methods and processes drawing from a variety of best practices, frameworks and methodologies