The Agile Excellence for Product Managers and Product Owners online self-study course contains everything you need to get up to speed quickly, get certified and become an Agile expert. Study at your own pace to master the material and prepare for the industry-standard AIPMM certification exam to become an Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner (ACPMPO). This course is also available as a two-day public training.
Earning the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential demonstrates you understand the different types of Agile development methodologies (Scrum, XP and Lean) and know how to apply them effectively. Whether you are new to Agile or have been doing it for years, this self-study course will take you to the next level.
By becoming an Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner, you will:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of theoretical and practical Agile Product Management and Product Ownership concepts, principles and terminology
- Understand the multiple types of Agile development methods, including basic and advanced concepts
- Know how to apply these with your team to be more productive and effective
- Distinguish yourself as an expert in Agile
Unlike other courses that only teach the basics of how to be a Scrum Product Owner, this course includes all of the core Product Owner concepts and also covers:
- How to integrate business strategy and Product Management into your Agile process to drive successful products
- Product Owner strategies for every phase of the product lifecycle
- How to influence and lead your Agile teams
- Best practices to be successful with Agile
- Concepts beyond Scrum such as Lean, XP and Kanban
Based on the bestselling book, Agile Excellence for Product Managers by Greg Cohen of the 280 Group staff.
Agile Excellence for Product Managers and Product Owners is designed to teach you how to effectively lead an Agile development team and to prepare you to take and pass the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam.
- Define Agile Product Development and its benefits.
- Explain Agile teams, the roles within a team, and how Agile teams work.
- Introduce Agile frameworks, including Scrum, XP, and Lean.
- Define examples of Agile in practice.
- Provide tips for successfully implementing Agile in your business.
- Share best practices for success as a product manager or product owner.
- Prepare you for Agile certification.
- Professionally designed online course with seven modules and 5-6 hours of material (most students study an additional 8 to 10 hours and then take the exam within a few weeks of starting the course)
- Study guide, quizzes and interactive exercises
- A glossary of key Agile terms
- A practice certification exam
- ACPMPO online exam ($395 value) – exam must be taken within 12 months of purchase of the course
- One year AIPMM membership ($125 value – required to take exam).
- Second opportunity to take the certification exam if you don’t pass the first time
- Fees may be tax-deductible—check with your tax professional. All expenses of continuing education taken to maintain and improve professional skills are tax-deductible according to U.S. Treasury Regulation 1.162-5.
- Students get access to the course for 12 months from date of purchase
- NOTE: This course may NOT be shared with or used by anyone else. Doing so may result in access to the course being immediately revoked and/or forfeiture of your AIPMM certification credentials.
Online Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner Exam
Upon completion of the course, students will be prepared to take the online exam ($395 value included with the course) to earn the worldwide-standard Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential from the AIPMM. This credential will provide independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Agile.
Agile Certified Product
Manager and Product Owner
“The Agile Product Management and Product Ownership certification breaks new ground within the Agile community. Earning this one-of-a-kind worldwide standard certification will show that you have mastered the necessary skills to work in any Agile development environment and will differentiate yourself from your peers while making you dramatically more effective.”
Why You Should Choose This Course
The table below shows why this course is the best choice for:
- Product Managers who work closely with Product Owners or act as Product Owners
- Product Owners who also want to learn Agile Product Management and team leadership skills
- Product Managers who work in an Agile development environment
|Agile Excellence for Product Managers and Product Owners Online Self-Study and Certification||Other “Product Owner”
only Certifications and Courses
|Covers all foundation concepts in the most popular Product Owner Certifications?|
|Teaches strategic and business foundations?|
|Teaches how to lead, influence and align teams?|
|Clarifies role of Product Manager as primary strategic driver critical for overall product success?|
|Exam administered by independent and highly-credible third party?||
Varies – many training companies deliver the exam themselves, and some require no exam at all for certification
|Written and taught by active practitioners and experts in Agile and Product Management?|
Don’t settle for a course that only covers Product Owner concepts.
69% of companies that we recently surveyed are using Agile development methodologies and 70% of Product Managers at these companies are also acting as Product Owners. Arm yourself with the necessary skills to succeed in Agile development environments.
What Students Are Saying
“Agile Excellence for Product Managers and Product Owners online training makes it easy to understand not just the agile methodologies and process but also clearly defines the roles and responsibilities of different team members, especially the role of a Product Manager / Product Owner which is critical to the success of any project.”
OEM Project Manager
Topcon Positioning Systems
“I completely enjoyed the course and applaud the team for pulling together a succinct training that hits the core values of a Product Management and Product Ownership role within Agile. You have set a new level that other institutional trainings will look up to.”
Sr. Product Manager