As a Product Management professional you know how time consuming and challenging it is to write high-quality documents that effectively guide your company’s product and marketing efforts. Keeping up on best practices, making sure that all of the critical elements are included and creating a consistent and professional look across all documents all take a lot of time better spent creating the critical content. The Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit makes it easy to write compelling and effective documents. It includes a set of templates based upon the 280 Group’s Optimal Product Process, a flexible and unique framework for managing products and ensuring maximum success. Also included is a short on-demand presentation describing the Optimal Product Process. The toolkit is a complete resource to help you successfully manage products through the entire lifecycle from initial concept to retirement. Each template includes instructions and information about the critical things you need to consider and document at the appropriate level for your situation in each phase. White papers and other reference materials are also included to help you learn best practices for success.
Optimal Product Process Methodology
The Product Management LifeCycle toolkit is based on a worldwide standard model created by the Association of International Product Management and Marketing. Building on top of the AIPMM seven-phase lifecycle, the 280 Group has created an entire framework named the Optimal Product Process that includes templates, training and methodology to allow any company to leverage this in their product development and delivery efforts.
The Optimal Product Process consists of seven phases (Conceive – Plan – Develop – Qualify – Launch – Maximize – Retire), with nine corresponding documents that address every critical strategic and tactical issue that must be considered in order to move from one phase to another. The nine documents used in the Optimal Product Process are available as individual templates and in a combined Master Product Plan so that you can use them however best fits your situation.
Optimal Product Process Templates
Buy PM Office Professional and Save on All the Toolkits
Comprehensive toolkit includes everything you need to get started
- Instant electronic download!
- Over 35 Product Management templates covering every stage of the product management lifecycle
- Optimal Product Process Framework and a training presentation explaining the framework
- Expert Product Management and The Phenomenal Product Manager eBooks
- 30 minute consultation with the 280 Group
- Money back guarantee!
Templates for all seven phases of the 280 Group Optimal Product Process Framework:
Phase 1: Conceive
Generate and prioritize new ideas to determine where you will focus your time doing more in-depth planning.
- Market validation checklist
Phase 2: Plan
Analyze all aspects of bringing the product to market to ensure success
- Business case template
- Competitive analysis
- Market requirements (MRD) and needs template
- Product description (PRD) and feature template
- Feature prioritization
- Product roadmap template
- Market strategy template
Phase 3: Develop
Build a product that meets or exceeds customer needs and wins in the marketplace
- Bug and feature database (Excel and FileMaker template)
Phase 4: Qualify
Test in-house and with customers to ensure product meets quality standards and is ready to ship
- How to Run an Effective Beta Program white paper
- Beta Program Plan template
Phase 5: Launch
Bring the product to market in a way that maximizes revenues and beats the competition
- Product launch plan template
- Top 10 Product Launch Mistakes white paper
- Selling Tools
- Press Release template
- Product Reviews templates and how tos
Phase 6: Maximize
Generate demand and leads that achieve your sales and revenue goals
- Marketing plan template
- Choosing marketing programs
Phase 7: Retire
Take the product off the market, either replacing it with a new version or removing it entirely
- End-of-life plan
Examples of what’s included with this toolkit
I have one word for the 280 Group Toolkit: Fantastic. These templates are extremely useful, well designed and come with great example data. Every Product Manager should purchase a set.
– Therese Padilla, Founder, Executive Director AIPMM (Association of International Product Marketing and Management)
This collection of templates and general best practices documents are exactly what Product Managers need. It is easily worth three times the price!
– Jim Reekes, Former VP of Products, Meeting Maker Inc.
The Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit is a great collection of templates and training that can help both experienced and new Product Managers be more productive and effective.
– Alyssa Dver, CPM/CPMM, VP and Chief Marketing Officer, SEDONA Corporation; Author of “Software Product Management Essentials”