Master core Agile skills and become an Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner
- Learn Core Skills Become more effective, gain credibility, and enjoy your work more with our training.
- Get CertifiedProve your mastery and advance your career by earning a worldwide-standard Agile certification.
- Be Great at What You DoUse your new skills, confidence, and credibility to deliver great results in record time.
Course Options - How to Get Started
Buy The Online Course
The online version of this course is included with the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam. Study at your own pace and take the certification exam from anywhere in the world.
Book Private Training
We offer private custom training at client locations worldwide for teams of 5 of more. Solve your biggest challenges now with a custom-tailored course delivered to your offices.
Course Info - What’s Covered
Agile for Product Managers and Product Owners training teaches you all the core skills necessary to be successful in organizations doing Agile development. In this course you’ll learn how Product Managers and Product Owners can effectively work together and with their engineering teams. You’ll learn the foundations of Scrum as well as other Agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid processes. Each activity that Product Managers and Product Owners are responsible for is covered in-depth and corresponding exercises demonstrate how to apply these skills to real-world situations.
- Beginner to Advanced
- Agile and Scrum core concepts including key skills, strategies, tactics and terminology
- Product Manager and Product Owner roles and objectives within Agile teams
- Product Management strategies and leadership skills to help you become a true product leader
- All information necessary to pass the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam
In-person Training: 2 Days – 8 Hours Per Day
Training Retention Program: 8 – 10 hours – Additional time to review material and study for the certification exam
In-person Training – Lectures, discussions and intensive hands-on exercises
Training Retention Program – Additional self-paced online learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study guides and practice exams
Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – 2 chances to take the exam within 1 year of completing in-person training
$1,995 – Includes the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam ($1495)
Paying for our training course out of pocket? Your expense may be tax deductible. Review our FAQ page for more information and consult with a tax advisor or specialist.
After you complete the in-person training you will receive access to the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam as part of our Training Retention Program. The course reviews all the content from the in-person training and includes quizzes, exercises, study materials and a practice exam. After going through the materials, you will be fully prepared to take and pass the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner® (ACPMPO) exam administered by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) to earn this prestigious and highly-respected credential. This worldwide-standard certification covers all the content found in Product Owner certifications plus Agile Product Management and team leadership skills.
Who This Course Is For
- Product Managers who want to learn Agile and Product Owner skills
- Product Owners who want to learn Agile Product Management and team leadership skills
- Students who want to become Product Managers or Product Owners
- Organizations that want to optimize their Agile teams and pilot the course prior to private custom training
What You Will Learn
Agile for Product Manager and Product Owners™ training covers the foundations of Agile and Scrum as well as other methodologies: Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid processes. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required when working with Agile development teams. Each activity that Product Managers and Product Owners are responsible for is covered in-depth and corresponding exercises demonstrate how to apply these skills to real-world situations. You’ll learn best practices for Product Managers and Product Owners as well as team leadership skills. After completing this course you’ll be able to apply these new skills in your day-to-day work and be prepared for certification.
Achieving Competitive Advantage with Agile
- Why Agile Works
- Agile Benefits and Principles
Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum Teams
- Anatomy of a Sprint
- Sprint Goals and Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review, Retrospective and Termination
Foundations of Product Ownership
- Release Management and Planning
- Story Mapping
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Creating a Product Vision and Roadmap
Setting Up for Success
- Product Lifecycle Strategies for Agile
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Organizing Around Agile
Shared Understanding with Documentation
- Understanding User Stories
- Writing User Stories
- Role of Other Documentation
Optimizing Value Delivery
Practical Product Leadership
- Becoming a Product Leader
- Influencing and Aligning Teams
Training Retention Program: Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam
- Review the content from the in-person course
- Use the study guide and practice exams to be fully prepared for certification
- Take the exam to earn the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential
- Learn core skills and concepts needed to be successful with Agile and Scrum
- Understand the roles within Agile and how teams can effectively work together
- Master the foundations of Scrum and other Agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid
- Apply strategy to products and decision making to ensure products win in the market long-term
- Gain best practices for Product Managers and Product Owners
- Align and lead Agile teams towards goals/objectives
- Prepare for the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam
This course covers all the Scrum and Product Owner concepts in common Product Owner-only certifications (such as CSPO) and provides additional content to make you more effective:
- How to integrate business strategy and Product Management into your Agile process to drive successful products
- Product Owner strategies for every phase of the Product Lifecycle
- How to influence and lead your Agile teams
- Agile methodologies beyond Scrum such as Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid
What’s Included With The Training?
Agile for Product Managers and Product Owners Training – In-Person
Attend the two-day training in-person. You will receive printed copies of all materials and slides used in the training.
Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam ($1495 value)
After completing the in-person course you will be granted access to the online course to review what you have learned and receive additional learning modules, quizzes, study guides and a comprehensive practice exam to prepare you for the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam. The course includes two chances to take and pass the exam within one year of purchase.
AIPMM Membership ($125 value)
One-year AIPMM membership required to take the exam.
Digital Certificates – Course Completion and Certification
Display the digital certificates on your LinkedIn profile, email signatures and print them out to hang in your office.
Agile Excellence for Product Managers eBook
The course was inspired by and is based on the best-selling book, Agile Excellence for Product Managers, written by Greg Cohen of 280 Group.
Download the first two chapters of Agile Excellence for Product Managers!
Hear from Students
Why You Should Choose Our Training
Comprehensive and Up to Date Content
We cover all the core Agile skills and current best practices. Our training is constantly evolving to match today’s challenges.
A Proven Product Management Process
Our Optimal Product Process framework was created by our team of consultants and trainers with over 150 years of experience and includes corresponding templates.
Worldwide Standard Certification
Every training includes a corresponding certification exam from the AIPMM to prove your domain mastery.
Training Retention Program
We let you review your in-person training for a year with our online Training Retention Program.
Our instructors are active consultants and thought leaders, each with an average of over 20 years of direct experience in Product Management and Product Marketing.
Small Class Sizes
We keep our class sizes small in order to maximize hands-on exercises, discussions and student/instructor interaction.
Why Agile Product Management
and Product Owner Certification?
AIPMM is the world’s largest Product Management association, with members in 75 countries around the globe. Formed in 1998, AIPMM certifications are the “Gold Standard” in the industry and are the most widely recognized and respected.
Having a worldwide-standard AIPMM certification proves your competence and gives you a clear competitive edge in your career. AIPMM developed this certification because of the rapid increase in Agile development (69% of companies are now doing at least some Agile) and the overlap between the roles of Product Manager and Product Owner (In companies doing Agile, 70% perform aspects of both roles). Earning the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Agile. Displaying the certification credential on your LinkedIn profile, email signature and hanging in your office showcases that you stand out and have deep knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of Agile Certification
- Increase your skill set, effectiveness and credibility
- Differentiate yourself by proving your domain mastery
- Demonstrate that you truly understand Agile at a deep level
- Increase your career opportunities and differentiate yourself in the Agile market
- Increase credibility within your organization, with your team and your executives
This credential provides independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Agile.
Agile Certified Product
Manager and Product Owner