Full Course Description
Become incredibly effective as an Agile Product Manager and/or Agile Product Owner and earn the worldwide-standard Agile Product Management and Product Ownership certification! This course covers multiple Agile development methods (Scrum, XP, Kanban and Lean) and is focused on practical application to make participants dramatically more effective the moment they return to their desks. Attendees will learn best practices in working with Agile teams and be able to apply them effectively in their day-to-day work.
Unlike other courses that only teach the basics of how to be a Scrum Product Owner, this course includes all of the core Product Owner concepts and also covers:
- How to integrate business strategy and Product Management into your Agile process to drive successful products
- Product Owner strategies for every phase of the product lifecycle
- How to influence and lead your Agile teams
- Best practices to be successful with Agile
- Concepts beyond Scrum such as Lean, XP and Kanban
Day One: Agile Foundations
- How Agile can help you achieve competitive advantage for your products
- Agile Release Management
- Agile Release Planning
- Story Mapping
- Prioritization and Ordering the Product Backlog
- Creating a Product Vision and Roadmap
Day Two: Achieving Excellence
- Product Lifecycle Strategies for Agile
- Roles and Responsibilities of Product Managers and Product Owners
- Organizing Around Agile, including Scaling and Distributed Teams
- Agile Documentation
- Lean in an Agile Environment
- Leadership Skills: How to successfully Influence and Create Alignment with Agile Teams and Stakeholders
- Becoming a Phenomenal Product Manager and Product Owner
Class sizes are small to ensure extensive interaction with the students and trainer. Over one third of the in-person class is hands-on and experiential, so students not only gain the knowledge but they get to practice the skills. This ensures they can immediately begin applying what they have learned as soon as they return to work after the course.
Written by senior Agile instructor and expert Greg Cohen, author of the best-selling Agile Excellence for Product Managers book, this course will make students dramatically more effective as an Agile Product Manager, Product Owner and strategic business person.
Senior Principal Consultant and Trainer
You can download the first two chapters of Agile Excellence for Product Managers here:
This course is available in-person at locations throughout the world. It can also be delivered privately onsite for your team or your entire company, and can be completely customized for your specific circumstances and situation.
Benefits for Managers Sending Their Employees Through the Course:
- Arm your Product Managers and Product Owners with the skills and knowledge they need to lead Agile teams and drive strategic results
- Retain and reward your employees by helping them grow their careers and skill sets. Give them the confidence that comes with earning a worldwide-standard certification
- Increase the visibility and effectiveness of Product Management and Product Ownership in your organization
Benefits for Students Attending the Course:
- Make your job working with Agile development teams more effective and more rewarding
- Avoid common, potentially career-limiting mistakes that happen in an Agile environment
- Increase your marketability by learning valuable skills and earning a highly-respected certification
What Students Are Saying
“I completely enjoyed the two day session and applaud the team for pulling together a succinct training that hits the core values of a Product Management and Product Ownership role within Agile. You have set a new level that other institutional trainings will look up to.”
Sr. Product Manager
Includes Online Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner Exam
Becoming an Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner demonstrates you understand the different types of Agile development methodologies and know how to apply them effectively.
Upon completion of the course, students will be prepared to take the online exam ($395 value included with the course) to earn the worldwide-standard ACPMPO™ (Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner) credential from the AIPMM (Association of International Product Marketing and Management). This credential will provide independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Agile.
Agile Certified Product
Manager and Product Owner
“The Agile Product Management and Product Ownership certification breaks new ground within the Agile community. Earning this one-of-a-kind worldwide standard certification will show that you have mastered the necessary skills to work in any Agile development environment and will differentiate yourself from your peers while making you dramatically more effective.”
Why You Should Choose This Course
The table below shows why this course is the best choice for:
- Product Managers who work closely with Product Owners or act as Product Owners
- Product Owners who also want to learn Agile Product Management and team leadership skills
- Product Managers who work in an Agile development environment
|Agile Excellence for Product Managers and Product Owners Class and Certification||Other “Product Owner”
only Certifications and Courses
|Covers all foundation concepts in the most popular Product Owner Certifications?|
|Teaches strategic and business foundations?|
|Teaches how to lead, influence and align teams?|
|Clarifies role of Product Manager as primary strategic driver critical for overall product success?|
|Exam administered by independent and highly-credible third party?||
Varies – many training companies deliver the exam themselves, and some require no exam at all for certification
|Written and taught by active practitioners and experts in Agile and Product Management?|
|Small courses to ensure extensive instructor attention and allow for deep discussion and highly-valuable hands-on exercises?|
Don’t settle for a course that only covers Product Owner concepts.
Learn how to be a strategic driver in an Agile environment.
69% of companies that we recently surveyed are using Agile development methodologies and 70% of Product Managers at these companies are also acting as Product Owners. Arm yourself with the necessary skills to succeed in Agile development environments.
Each attendee receives the following:
- Printed copies of all materials and slides used in the course
- $395 exam and the ability to take the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner Exam (online
exam is scheduled by the student and may be taken within one year of completion of the course)
- Certificate of completion for “Agile Excellence for Product Managers and Product Owners”
- A copy of Greg Cohen’s Agile Excellence for Product Managers eBook
- $125 AIPMM membership (required to take online exam)