Master core Agile skills and become an Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner
- Learn Core Skills Become more effective, gain credibility, and enjoy your work more with our training.
- Get CertifiedProve your mastery and advance your career by earning a worldwide-standard Agile certification.
- Be Great at What You DoUse your new skills, confidence, and credibility to deliver great results in record time.
Course Options - How to Get Started
Buy The Online Course
The online version of this course is included with the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam. Study at your own pace and take the certification exam from anywhere in the world.
Book Private Training
We offer private custom training at client locations worldwide for teams of 5 of more. Solve your biggest challenges now with a custom-tailored course delivered to your offices.
Course Info - What’s Covered
Agile for Product Managers and Product Owners training teaches you all the core skills necessary to be successful in organizations doing Agile development. In this course you’ll learn how Product Managers and Product Owners can effectively work together and with their engineering teams. You’ll learn the foundations of Scrum as well as other Agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid processes. Each activity that Product Managers and Product Owners are responsible for is covered in-depth and corresponding exercises demonstrate how to apply these skills to real-world situations.
After you complete the in-person training you will receive access to the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam as part of our Training Retention Program. The course reviews all the content from the in-person training and includes quizzes, exercises, study materials and a practice exam. After going through the materials, you will be fully prepared to take and pass the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner® (ACPMPO) exam administered by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) to earn this prestigious and highly-respected credential. This worldwide-standard certification covers all the content found in Product Owner certifications plus Agile Product Management and team leadership skills.
Who This Course Is For
- Product Managers who want to learn Agile and Product Owner skills
- Product Owners who want to learn Agile Product Management and team leadership skills
- Students who want to become Product Managers or Product Owners
- Organizations that want to optimize their Agile teams and pilot the course prior to private custom training
What You Will Learn
Agile for Product Manager and Product Owners™ training covers the foundations of Agile and Scrum as well as other methodologies: Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid processes. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required when working with Agile development teams. Each activity that Product Managers and Product Owners are responsible for is covered in-depth and corresponding exercises demonstrate how to apply these skills to real-world situations. You’ll learn best practices for Product Managers and Product Owners as well as team leadership skills. After completing this course you’ll be able to apply these new skills in your day-to-day work and be prepared for certification.
Achieving Competitive Advantage with Agile
- Why Agile Works
- Agile Benefits and Principles
Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum Teams
- Anatomy of a Sprint
- Sprint Goals and Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review, Retrospective and Termination
Foundations of Product Ownership
- Release Management and Planning
- Story Mapping
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Creating a Product Vision and Roadmap
Setting Up for Success
- Product Lifecycle Strategies for Agile
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Organizing Around Agile
Shared Understanding with Documentation
- Understanding User Stories
- Writing User Stories
- Role of Other Documentation
Optimizing Value Delivery
Practical Product Leadership
- Becoming a Product Leader
- Influencing and Aligning Teams
What’s Included With The Training?
Download the first two chapters of Agile Excellence for Product Managers!
Hear from Students
Why You Should Choose Our Training
Comprehensive and Up to Date Content
We cover all the core Agile skills and current best practices. Our training is constantly evolving to match today’s challenges.
A Proven Product Management Process
Our Optimal Product Process framework was created by our team of consultants and trainers with over 150 years of experience and includes corresponding templates.
Worldwide Standard Certification
Every training includes a corresponding certification exam from the AIPMM to prove your domain mastery.
Training Retention Program
We let you review your in-person training for a year with our online Training Retention Program.
Our instructors are active consultants and thought leaders, each with an average of over 20 years of direct experience in Product Management and Product Marketing.
Small Class Sizes
We keep our class sizes small in order to maximize hands-on exercises, discussions and student/instructor interaction.
Why Agile Product Management
and Product Owner Certification?
AIPMM is the world’s largest Product Management association, with members in 75 countries around the globe. Formed in 1998, AIPMM certifications are the “Gold Standard” in the industry and are the most widely recognized and respected.
Having a worldwide-standard AIPMM certification proves your competence and gives you a clear competitive edge in your career. AIPMM developed this certification because of the rapid increase in Agile development (69% of companies are now doing at least some Agile) and the overlap between the roles of Product Manager and Product Owner (In companies doing Agile, 70% perform aspects of both roles). Earning the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Agile. Displaying the certification credential on your LinkedIn profile, email signature and hanging in your office showcases that you stand out and have deep knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of Agile Certification
- Increase your skill set, effectiveness and credibility
- Differentiate yourself by proving your domain mastery
- Demonstrate that you truly understand Agile at a deep level
- Increase your career opportunities and differentiate yourself in the Agile market
- Increase credibility within your organization, with your team and your executives
This credential provides independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Agile.
Agile Certified Product
Manager and Product Owner