|Skill Level||Intermediate to Advanced|
|Topics Covered||Agile and Scrum core concepts including key skills, strategies, tactics and terminology
Product Manager and Product Owner roles and objectives within Agile teams
Product Management strategies and leadership skills to help you become a true product leader
All information necessary to pass the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam
|Time Commitment||In-person Training: 2 Days - 8 Hours Per Day
Online Learning: 8 - 10 hours – Additional time to review material and study for the certification exam
|Course Format||In-person Training - Lectures, discussions and intensive hands-on exercises
Online Learning - Additional self-paced learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study guides and practice exams
|Certification Exam||Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner - 2 chances to take the exam within 1 year of completing in-person training|
|Price (USD)||$1,995 - Includes the $1,495 Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam|
Who This Course Is For
- Product Managers who want to learn Agile and Product Owner skills
- Product Owners who want to learn Agile Product Management and team leadership skills
- People who want to become Product Managers or Product Owners
- Organizations that want to optimize their Agile teams and pilot the course prior to private custom training
- Learn core skills and concepts needed to be successful with Agile and Scrum
- Understand the roles within Agile and how teams can effectively work together
- Master the foundations of Scrum and other Agile methodologies: Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid
- Apply strategy to products and decision making to ensure products win in the market long-term
- Gain best practices for Product Managers and Product Owners
- Align and lead Agile teams towards goals/objectives
- Prepare for the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam
What You Will Learn
Agile for Product Manager and Product Owners training covers the foundations of Agile and Scrum as well as other methodologies: Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid processes. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required when working with Agile development teams. Each activity that Product Managers and Product Owners are responsible for is covered in-depth and corresponding exercises demonstrate how to apply these skills to real-world situations. You’ll learn best practices for Product Managers and Product Owners as well as team leadership skills. After completing this course you’ll be able to apply these new skills in your day-to-day work and be prepared for certification.
|Day One: Agile Foundations||Day Two: Mastering Agile and Team Leadership|
|Achieving Competitive Advantage with Agile|
- Why Agile Works
- Agile Benefits and Principles
Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum Teams
- Anatomy of a Sprint
- Sprint Goals and Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review, Retrospective and Termination
Foundations of Product Ownership
- Release Management and Planning
- Story Mapping
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Creating a Product Vision and Roadmap
|Setting Up for Success
- Product Lifecycle Strategies for Agile
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Organizing Around Agile
Shared Understanding with Documentation
- Understanding User Stories
- Writing User Stories
- Role of Other Documentation
Optimizing Value Delivery
Practical Product Leadership
- Becoming a Product Leader
- Influencing and Aligning Teams
Post-Class Online Learning
Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam
- Review the content from the in-person course
- Use the study guide and practice exams to be fully prepared for certification
- Take the exam to earn the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential
This course covers all the Scrum and Product Owner concepts in common Product Owner-only certifications (such as CSPO) and provides additional content to make you more effective:
- How to integrate business strategy and Product Management into your Agile process to drive successful products
- Product Owner strategies for every phase of the Product Lifecycle
- How to influence and lead your Agile teams
- Agile methodologies beyond Scrum such as Kanban, Lean, XP and Hybrid
Why Our Training and Learning Process is Unmatched
All 280 Group in-person training comes with a corresponding online course and certification. Why? Agile is a difficult topic to master. Oftentimes students walk out of training with a new set of skills and knowledge that they are ready to apply, only to find that after a few weeks or months they forget the skills and concepts they learned and are slipping back to old habits. The online course included with your training allows you to review all the material you learned for one year after you complete the in-person training, so you can brush up on your skills and retain more knowledge. The online course also provides you with additional information and study materials to prepare you for certification. We are proud to be the only Product Management training company that offers this innovative approach to increase knowledge retention and the effectiveness of our training.
In-Person and Online Learning Process
- Take the in-person training to learn core Agile skills
- Review the training online and further your mastery of the concepts
- Use the online study materials to retain the information and prepare for certification
- Take the exam to earn the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential
What’s Included With The Training?
Agile for Product Managers and Product Owners Training – In-Person
Attend the two-day training in-person. You will receive printed copies of all materials and slides used in the training.
Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner – Online Course and Exam ($1495 value)
After completing the in-person course you will be granted access to the online course to review what you have learned and receive additional learning modules, quizzes, study guides and a comprehensive practice exam to prepare you for the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner exam. The course includes two chances to take and pass the exam within one year of purchase.
AIPMM Membership ($125 value)
One-year AIPMM membership required to take the exam.
Digital Certificates – Course Completion and Certification
Display the digital certificates on your LinkedIn profile, email signatures and print them out to hang in your office.
Agile Excellence for Product Managers eBook
The course was inspired by and is based on the best-selling book, Agile Excellence for Product Managers, written by Greg Cohen of 280 Group.
You can download the first two chapters of Agile Excellence for Product Managers here:
Hear From Students
“I completely enjoyed the course and applaud the team for pulling together a succinct training that hits the core values of a Product Management and Product Ownership role within Agile. You have set a new level that other institutional trainings will look up to.”
Director of Product Management
Why Agile Product Management and Product Owner Certification?
Having a worldwide-standard AIPMM certification proves your competence and gives you a clear competitive edge in your career. AIPMM developed this certification because of the rapid increase in Agile development (69% of companies are now doing at least some Agile) and the overlap between the roles of Product Manager and Product Owner (In companies doing Agile, 70% perform aspects of both roles)1. Earning the Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner credential demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Agile. Displaying the certification credential on your LinkedIn profile, email signature and hanging in your office showcases that you stand out and have deep knowledge of the profession.
Benefits of Agile Certification
- Increase your skill set, effectiveness and credibility
- Differentiate yourself by proving your domain mastery
- Demonstrate that you truly understand Agile at a deep level
- Increase your career opportunities and differentiate yourself in the Agile market
- Increase credibility within your organization, with your team and your executives
1. Data from 280 Group Challenges in Product Management Survey Results
AIPMM is the world’s largest Product Management association, with members in 75 countries around the globe. Formed in 1998, AIPMM certifications are the “Gold Standard” in the industry and are the most widely recognized and respected.
AIPMM Certifications are the industry standard because they:
- Prove that recipients have thorough knowledge and mastery of the topic and skills
- Cover both theoretical and practical Agile concepts, principles and terminology
- Are highly-credible because the exam was developed and is administered by AIPMM as an independent, training vendor-neutral entity
- Cross industry barriers so that they are valuable even if Product Managers and Product Owners switch to new markets and industries
- Set the standard with proven methods and processes drawing from a variety of best practices, frameworks and methodologies
This credential provides independent confirmation that students have a deep and thorough knowledge of Agile.
Agile Certified Product
Manager and Product Owner
“The Agile Product Management and Product Owner certification breaks new ground within the Agile community. Earning this worldwide standard certification will show that you have mastered the necessary skills to work in any Agile development environment and will differentiate yourself from your peers while making you dramatically more effective.”
When am I able to access the online course?
Upon completion of the in-person training you are sent an email with your login details to the online course.
How long are the in-person classes?
The classes are 8:30am to 5:30pm, unless otherwise noted
Have further questions about our in-person training?
Check out our training FAQ