Full Course Description
Make a commitment to becoming a better Product Manager by taking the intensive prep course and earning the Certified Product Manager (CPM) credential. It’s an investment that will pay off for the rest of your career.
The CPM certification crosses both industry and national barriers, making those holding the credential uniquely qualified to lead any product wherever it may be in its lifecycle.
This course helps attendees review the key concepts and terminology used in the Certified Product Manager exam. The instructor will discuss how to answer exam questions and lead a Q&A session of any content needing to be reviewed. After a day and a half of review, the certification exam will then be administered to the attendees.
Who Should Attend?
The course is appropriate for those who have at least three years of Product Management experience and/or have taken the 280 Group’s Optimal Product Management three-day course.
- What is Product Management
- Product Lifecycle
- Understanding Goods and Services
- Product Decisions
- Strategic Planning and Useful Tools
- Marketing Mix
- Product Positioning
- Value Creation
About The Certified Product Manager (CPM) Credential
CPM certification is based upon worldwide best practices determined by analysis of actual practitioners in the field, and continues to evolve with the profession. It indicates a comprehensive understanding of the functions responsible for championing new products throughout the Product Lifecycle, from idea through to end of life. CPM focuses on the functions that orchestrate internal activities and ensure the best possible outcome for the product.
Becoming a CPM demonstrates that you understand both the strategic and the tactical functions of Product Management. AIPMM developed the Product Management Certification program to focus on best practices that break through industry barriers to set the standard with proven methods and processes. The CPM course will cultivate the core knowledge and skills that apply to any product at any time during any phase of the Product Lifecycle.
Each attendee receives the following:
- Intensive preparation course for Certified Product Manager Exam
- Online Exam ($395 value included in the price and administered second half of day two)
- Q&A session with sample questions and strategies for answering exam questions effectively
- eBook copies of The Phenomenal Product Manager, Product Management Excellence and Optimal Product Process™
- Printed copies of all materials and slides used in the course
- AIPMM membership (required to take the exam): $125