Full Course Description
Make a commitment to becoming a better Product Marketing Manager by taking the intensive prep training course and earning the Certified Product Marketing Manager (CPMM) credential. It’s an investment that will pay off for the rest of your career.
The Certified Product Marketing Manager credential shows that you can:
- Understand processes and key roles to discover customer insights
- Identify market trends
- Create demand for a company’s goods and services in the marketplace
- Assess licensing opportunities
- Determine appropriate enhancements to goods or service
- Make recommendations for mergers and acquisitions, or withdrawing the goods or services from the portfolio
Attendees review the key concepts and terminology used in the exam. The instructor will discuss how to answer exam questions and lead a Q&A session of any content needing to be reviewed.
- Optimizing Commercialization
- Developing Strategic Marketing Functions Throughout the Product Lifecycle
- Creating and Executing the Marketing Plan and Budget
- Managing Deliverables and Campaigns
- Driving Customer Acquisition and Revenue
- Assessing the Market, Competition and Trends
- Translating Insights into Compelling Business Opportunities
- Product Marketing
- Marketing Mix
- Seven Phase Product Management Framework
- Understanding Goods and Services
- Understanding Brands
- Market Research
- Buyer Behavior
- Marketing Process
- Marketing Communications
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Distribution Channels
- Certification Exam Guidelines
What are the course prerequisites?
You must have at least three years of Product Marketing experience. Should you not have three years of Product Management experience you must take the 280 Group’s Optimal Product Management three-day course and then you are eligible to take this certification course and the examination.
About The Certified Product Marketing Manager Credential
The CPMM® certification differs from an educational or methodology designation in that it is based upon global best practices that have been determined by analysis of actual practitioners in the field, and, therefore, continues to evolve with the profession. The CPMM credential indicates a thorough understanding of the functions responsible for championing products throughout the back end of the Product Lifecycle, from launch to end of life. The CPMM focuses on “go-to” functions that orchestrate internal activities and ensure the best possible outcome for the product.
The CPMM® certification crosses both industry and national barriers making those holding the credential uniquely qualified to lead any product, wherever it may be in the life cycle.
AIPMM Certification Exam
The AIPMM certification exam assesses the Product Marketing Manager’s expertise in understanding processes and key roles to discover customer insights, identify market trends, and create demand for a company’s goods and services in the marketplace. The ability to assess licensing opportunities, goods or service enhancements, make recommendations for mergers and acquisitions or withdrawing the goods or services from the portfolio is also measured. The certification exam is comprised of 120 multiple-choice and essay questions that measure Product Marketing skills and knowledge in the following key areas:
- Tools and Measurements [5%]
- Strategy [10%]
- New Product Development Methodology [10%]
- Teams, People and Organizational Issues [15%]
- Marketing Research, Business Plans and Documentation Processes [25%]
- PLM with an Emphasis on Effective, Real-World Decision-Making [35%]
The CPMM® certification exam is two hours long. A score of 85% or higher is required to pass. The certification exam will be administered at the end of the last day of this course.
Each attendee receives the following:
- Intensive preparation course for the Certified Product Marketing Manager Exam
- Online Exam ($395 value included in the price and administered second half of day two)
- Q&A session with sample questions and strategies for answering exam questions effectively
- eBook copies of The Phenomenal Product Manager, Product Management Excellence and Optimal Product Process™
- Printed copies of all materials and slides used in the course
- AIPMM membership (required to take the exam): $125