|Skill Level||Beginner to Advanced|
|Topics Covered||- Optimal Product Process™ seven-phase framework covering the full Product Lifecycle
- Product Management core concepts including key skills, strategies, tactics and terminology needed to manage any product at any phase of the Product Lifecycle
- All information necessary to pass the Certified Product Manager exam
|Time Commitment||In-person Training: 3 Days - 8 Hours Per Day
Online Learning: 8 - 10 hours – Additional time to review material and study for the certification exam
|Course Format||In-person Training - Lectures, discussions and intensive hands-on exercises
Online Learning - Additional self-paced learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study guides and practice exams
|Certification Exam||Certified Product Manager - 2 chances to take the exam within 1 year of completing in-person training|
|Price (USD)||$2,495 - Includes the $1,495 Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam plus the $99 Product Management LifeCycle Toolkit|
Who This Course Is For
- New and mid-level Product Managers who want to learn core skills and best practices
- Experienced Product Managers who want to refresh their knowledge and expand their skill set
- Students who want to become Product Managers and learn about the profession, core skills and get certified
- Organizations that want to optimize their Product Management function and pilot the course prior to private custom training
- Learn to effectively manage any product at any stage in the Product Lifecycle
- Gain the core skills and learn the corresponding concepts to be a highly-effective Product Manager for the rest of your career
- Obtain a deep understanding of how great companies do Product Management
- Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Product Manager exam
What You Will Learn
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing training teaches the flexible and comprehensive 280 Group Optimal Product Process™. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required to manage products effectively. Each phase of the framework and the tasks for both Product Management and Product Marketing are covered in-depth. The corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework are used as working exercises in the class with relevant examples that demonstrate how the process applies to real-world situations. This comprehensive learning experience that ensures you will have the knowledge to apply the Optimal Product Process to your situation and be prepared for certification.
|Day One: Core Concepts||Day Two: Product Management||Day Three: Product Marketing|
|Intro to the Optimal Product Process|
- Strategic Functions
- Key Product Management Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
Becoming a Strategic Product Manager
- Strategic Analysis
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Adoption
- Marketing Mix
- Concepts and Process
- Ideation Tools and Outputs
Plan: Market Research
- Definitions and Methods
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Analysis
|Plan: Competitive Analysis|
- Product and Company
- Intro and Methods
- Strategies and Tactics
Plan: Market Strategy
- Brand and Positioning
- Market Needs
- Product Requirements
- Strategic and Product
Plan: Business Case
- Market and Financials
- Working with Engineering
- Beta Programs
- Qualifying the Product
- Types of Product Launches
- Marketing Programs and Collateral
- Sales Enablement
- Product End of Life
Post-Class Online Learning
Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam
- Review the content from the in-person course
- Learn additional information for the Certified Product Manager exam
- Use the study guide and practice exams to be fully prepared for certification
Why Our Training and Learning Process is Unmatched
All 280 Group in-person training comes with a corresponding online course and certification. Why? Product Management is a difficult topic to master. Oftentimes students walk out of training with a new set of skills and knowledge that they are ready to apply, only to find that after a few weeks or months they forget the skills and concepts they learned and are slipping back to old habits. The online course included with your training allows you to review all the material you learned for one year after you complete the in-person training, so you can brush up on your skills and retain more knowledge. The online course also provides you with additional information and study materials to prepare you for certification. We are proud to be the only Product Management training company that offers this innovative approach to increase knowledge retention and the effectiveness of our training.
In-Person and Online Learning Process
- Take the in-person training to learn core Product Management skills
- Review the training online and further your mastery of the concepts
- Use the online study materials to retain the information and prepare for certification
- Take the exam to earn the Certified Product Manager credential
What’s Included With The Training?
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing Training – In-Person
Attend the three-day training in-person. You will receive printed copies of all materials and slides used in the training.
Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam ($1495 value)*
After completing the in-person course you will be granted access to the online course to review what you have learned and receive additional learning modules, quizzes, study guides and a comprehensive practice exam to prepare you for the Certified Product Manager exam. The course includes two chances to take and pass the exam within one year of purchase.
Product Management LifeCycle Toolkit™ ($99 value)
A single user license to our template collection containing the nine core documents that the Optimal Product Process is built on.
AIPMM Membership ($125 value)
One-year AIPMM membership required to take the exam.
Digital Certificates – Course Completion and Certification
Display the digital certificates on your LinkedIn profile, email signatures and print them out to hang in your office.
*You may choose to receive the Certified Product Marketing Manager – Online Course and Exam with in-person training instead. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after completing your purchase.
Hear From Students
“The course was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a framework that I could use to understand and explain the role of Product Management. Walking through the phases, from “conceive” to “retire”, was the kind of holistic overview of Product Management that I had hoped to get from the course”
“This class should be required for anyone that is in the role of Product Management.”
“The trainer made the material easy to understand and added a lot of examples which helped with comprehension.”
National Safety Apparel
“Fantastic course. Strengths are both in the practical experience and expertise of the instructor and interactive nature of the course. Having peers to discuss challenges was also fantastic.”
Senior Interaction Designer
“The 280 Group training was amazing and has already begun paying dividends for myself and our team.”
VP Digital Products Group
Why 280 Group Training?
- We teach you HOW to do the job and the skills you need for every task in the entire product lifecycle
- Our instructors are the most experienced in the industry and all have a minimum of 20 years of hands-on Product Management and Product Marketing experience
- You will walk away with templates that map to each of the phases and skills that you can use immediately
- Our classes are small, so you get personal attention and maximize your learning experience
- You receive access to the online version of the course so you can review the materials later to increase your retention
- Our training prepares you for the worldwide-standard Certified Product Manager credential from the AIPMM. There is no other Product Management certification that compares to this in the world.
Optimal Product Process Methodology
The Optimal Product Process™ seven-phase framework and Product Management LifeCycle Toolkit™ are the foundations that this course is built upon. This combination of resources provides a comprehensive learning experience, and ensures that attendees have a flexible and powerful process that can be applied to their situation. Each phase of the Product Lifecycle that Product Management and Product Marketing is responsible for is mapped to this process and framework. The different phases are explained thoroughly and then the corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework are used as working exercises in the class.
280 Group Optimal Product Process Framework*The Optimal Product Process seven-phase framework is a worldwide Product Management and Product Marketing standard that takes into account best practices used in a wide range of companies and industries. This ensures that the most modern and up-to-date challenges faced in Product Management and Product Marketing are addressed for today’s environment. The framework includes seven distinct product phases, from Conceive to Retire, and covers all aspects during the entire Product Lifecycle.
Product Management LifeCycle Toolkit
The Product Management LifeCycle Toolkit is a set of corresponding templates that map to the Optimal Product Process seven-phase framework. The toolkit is designed to provide a foundation for all training attendees to use as they manage their products throughout the lifecycle. Attendees learn the skills and knowledge required for each phase and have the corresponding templates in the toolkit so that they can immediately apply what they have learned upon completion of the training.
The nine core templates (plus 25 additional supplemental templates and informational documents) in the toolkit ensure that:
- Every critical aspect of the product is thought through both strategically and tactically
- There is no duplication of content when documenting the critical product decisions and recommendations
- Plans and decisions can be documented with as much or as little detail as the company and team situation requires
- Course attendees are very productive and do not have to create their own templates or documents
- The organization gains a way of doing ongoing learning and continuous improvement to ensure they become closer to excellence with every release
Optimal Product Process Templates
When am I able to access the online course?
Upon completion of the in-person training you are sent an email with your login details to the online course.
How long are the in-person classes?
The classes are 8:30am to 5:30pm, unless otherwise noted
Have further questions about our in-person training?
Check out our training FAQ