Learn all the core skills in the Product Lifecycle and become a Certified Product Manager
- Learn Core Skills Become more effective, gain credibility, and enjoy your work more with our training.
- Get CertifiedProve your mastery and advance your career by earning a worldwide-standard Product Management certification.
- Be Great at What You DoUse your new skills, confidence, and credibility to deliver great results in record time.
Course Options - How to Get Started
Buy The Online Course
The online version of this course is included with the Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam. Study at your own pace and take the certification exam from anywhere in the world.
Book Private Training
We offer private custom training at client locations worldwide for teams of 5 of more. Solve your biggest challenges now with a custom-tailored course delivered to your offices.
Course Info - What’s Covered
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing training covers the entire Product Lifecycle and all the core skills required to manage products effectively. The training teaches the flexible and comprehensive Optimal Product Process™. Each phase of the process and the tasks for both Product Management and Product Marketing are covered in-depth. The course will teach you how to manage any product at any stage in the Product Lifecycle and includes a corresponding set of templates, the Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit™. Topics include the seven phases of the Product Lifecycle, the role of Product Management and Product Marketing, strategy, requirements, roadmaps, launches, and more. Through a combination of lectures, discussions and intensive hands-on exercises, you will learn how to apply these skills to your current and future roles.
- Beginner to Advanced
- Optimal Product Process seven-phase framework covering the full Product Lifecycle
- Product Management core concepts including key skills, strategies, tactics and terminology needed to manage any product at any phase of the Product Lifecycle
- All information necessary to pass the Certified Product Manager exam
In-person Training: 3 Days – 8 Hours Per Day
Training Retention Program: 8 – 10 hours – Additional time to review material and study for the certification exam
In-person Training – Lectures, discussions and intensive hands-on exercises
Training Retention Program – Additional self-paced online learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study guides and practice exams
Certified Product Manager – 2 chances to take the exam within 1 year of completing in-person training
$2,495 – Includes the Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam ($1495) and Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit ($99)
Paying for our training course out of pocket? Your expense may be tax deductible. Review our FAQ page for more information and consult with a tax advisor or specialist.
After you complete the in-person training you will receive access to the Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam as part of our Training Retention Program. The first section of this online course covers all the content from the in-person training, so you can review and practice what you have learned. The second section has additional study materials to prepare you for the worldwide-standard Certified Product Manager® (CPM) exam. There are 18 online learning modules, quizzes, exercises, study materials and a practice exam. After going through the materials, you will be fully prepared to take and pass the Certified Product Manager exam administered by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) to earn this prestigious and highly-respected credential.
Who This Course Is For
- New and mid-level Product Managers who want to learn core skills and best practices
- Experienced Product Managers who want to refresh their knowledge and expand their skill set
- Students who want to become Product Managers and learn about the profession, core skills and get certified
- Organizations that want to optimize their Product Management function and pilot the course prior to private custom training
What You Will Learn
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing™ training teaches the flexible and comprehensive 280 Group Optimal Product Process. You’ll learn about every important task and all the core skills required to manage products effectively. Each phase of the framework and the tasks for both Product Management and Product Marketing are covered in-depth. The corresponding templates and deliverables that map to the framework are used as working exercises in the class with relevant examples that demonstrate how the process applies to real-world situations. This comprehensive learning experience that ensures you will have the knowledge to apply the Optimal Product Process to your situation and be prepared for certification.
Intro to the Optimal Product Process
- Strategic Functions
- Key Product Management Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
Becoming a Strategic Product Manager
- Strategic Analysis
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Adoption
- Marketing Mix
- Concepts and Process
- Ideation Tools and Outputs
Plan: Market Research
- Definitions and Methods
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Analysis
Plan: Competitive Analysis
- Product and Company
- Intro and Methods
- Strategies and Tactics
Plan: Market Strategy
- Brand and Positioning
- Market Needs
- Product Requirements
- Strategic and Product
Plan: Business Case
- Market and Financials
- Working with Engineering
- Beta Programs
- Qualifying the Product
- Types of Product Launches
- Marketing Programs and Collateral
- Sales Enablement
- Product End of Life
Training Retention Program: Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam
- Review the content from the in-person course
- Learn additional information for the Certified Product Manager exam
- Use the study guide and practice exams to be fully prepared for certification
- Learn to effectively manage any product at any stage in the Product Lifecycle
- Gain the core skills and learn the corresponding concepts to be a highly-effective Product Manager for the rest of your career
- Obtain a deep understanding of how great companies do Product Management
- Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Product Manager exam
What’s Included With The Training?
Optimal Product Management and Product Marketing Training – In-Person
Attend the three-day training in-person. You will receive printed copies of all materials and slides used in the training.
Certified Product Manager – Online Course and Exam ($1495 value)*
After completing the in-person course you will be granted access to the online course to review what you have learned and receive additional learning modules, quizzes, study guides and a comprehensive practice exam to prepare you for the Certified Product Manager exam. The course includes two chances to take and pass the exam within one year of purchase.
*You may choose to receive the Certified Product Marketing Manager – Online Course and Exam with in-person training instead. Please email us at email@example.com after completing your purchase.
Product Management Lifecycle Toolkit™ ($99 value)
A single user license to our template collection containing the nine core documents that the Optimal Product Process is built on.
AIPMM Membership ($125 value)
One-year AIPMM membership required to take the exam.
Digital Certificates – Course Completion and Certification
Display the digital certificates on your LinkedIn profile, email signatures and print them out to hang in your office.
Hear from Students
Training Retention Program
Why Our Learning Process Is Unmatched
Our in-person training includes our unique Training Retention Program, a corresponding online course and certification which lets you review all the content from the in-person training and solidify the skills and concepts you learned. Why? Product Management is a difficult topic to master. Oftentimes students walk out of training with a new set of skills and knowledge that they are ready to apply, only to find that after a few weeks or months they forget the skills and concepts they learned and are slipping back to old habits. The online course allows you to review all the material you learned for one year after you complete the in-person training, so you can brush up on your skills and retain more knowledge. The online course also provides you with additional information and study materials to prepare you for certification. We are proud to be the only Product Management training company that offers this innovative approach to increase knowledge retention and the effectiveness of our training.
How It Works
- Take the in-person training to learn core Product Management skills
- Review the training online and further your mastery of the concepts
- Study online materials to prepare for certification
- Take the exam to earn the Certified Product Manager credential
Why You Should Choose Our Training
Comprehensive and Up to Date Content
We cover all the core Product Management skills, the full Product Lifecycle and current best practices. Our training is constantly evolving to match today’s challenges.
A Proven Product Management Process
Our Optimal Product Process framework was created by our team of consultants and trainers with over 150 years of experience and includes corresponding templates.
Worldwide Standard Certification
Every training includes a corresponding certification exam from the AIPMM to prove your domain mastery.
Training Retention Program
We let you review your in-person training for a year with our online Training Retention Program.
Our instructors are active consultants and thought leaders, each with an average of over 20 years of direct experience in Product Management and Product Marketing.
Small Class Sizes
We keep our class sizes small in order to maximize hands-on exercises, discussions and student/instructor interaction.